I'm a new trading forex should i choose Forex.com or FXCM?

I’m sorry for my english i mean i’m living in thailand
Does forex.com accept thai citizenship ?

1 Like

There is no need for you to be sorry. We apologize for any confusion.

Yes, FOREX.com accepts customers from Thailand. If you would like a Thai-speaking member of our staff to give you a call, please send us a private message with your name, email and phone number including the best time to call you.

It seems like you haven’t done your homework, otherwise you wouldn’t be considering FXCM. If you have done a bit of search on the net, you should know that FXCM is a bucket shop. They were banned from the US for stealing retail trader’s money. Please avoid FXCM at all.

1 Like

Hello,for you to choose a good quality broker go to forex peace army site,they have alot of info about brokers to stay clear of and i’m pretty sure these two are near the top of the list.

FXCM should be the last broker on your list while I have little idea about Forex.com, I feel selecting such brokers are not worth our time and will not lead us anywhere at all! So, it’s better to pick one that we can trust on.

If you are new to fx dont think in fxcm , they lost USA license some months ago, you are outside USA so you can look for better leverage and well regulated broker , look for a uk broker(no fxcm) or Swiss one. Dont only look for the review stars , read the reviews…remember something “the broker is for the trader what the rifle is for the hunter”

Hi,thank you very much for warning me i just have read about that news so it’s true.I was about to choose forex.com when i traded on MT4 the prices Bid and Ask in quotes are not equals on the graph,the prices in quotes are always higher than on the graph and FOREXTRADER Pro platform is very hard to use for me.Is there other option? thanks you.

I was doing research both of these companies and sorry to say, but neither of these can be said to be trustworthy, so we need to be very careful. However, I don’t think I am one you will take responsibility in either direction, so it’s your choice to make because ultimately, it’s you only who will have to take the responsibility of the results. If you depend on others and follow their view then it will not work.

@AnnaAdorika while we won’t speak for other brokers, FOREX.com is available here on BabyPips to answer questions you have about us. We’re always looking for ways to improve and welcome any constructive criticism you have. What can we do to address your concerns?

Hi Paellitcit and AnnaAdorika,

Trust and transparency is important when choosing any broker which is why we regularly release data on historical spreads, positive/negative slippage, and trade execution that few if any brokers can match.

Historical Spreads

In Quarter 1 of 2017, EUR/USD and USD/JPY each had an average spread of 0.2 and 0.3 pips
respectively and a trading cost of $0.11 and $0.13 during peak hours: 70% of EUR/USD and 61% of
USD/JPY volume occurred during peak hours.

This report compiles forex trading data from FXCM’s Standard accounts for Q1 2017. The data reflects average
spreads made available to FXCM clients during peak and non‐peak trading hours. FXCM_spreads-report_au_2017Q1.pdf (137.3 KB)

Positive / Negative Slippage

With FXCM’s forex execution models, you can potentially receive price improvements on all orders as all orders fill with FXCM’s best available price. From January 1, 2017 through May 31, 2017, more than 12 million orders were filled with positive slippage.

*The data above comes from various order types that executed through FXCM Group from January 1, 2017, to May 31, 2017. Certain non‐direct clients are excluded from the data.

You can read the full report here FXCM_slippage_report_ltd_2017_Jan_May.pdf (131.7 KB)

Let me know if you have any questions about FXCM.

Jason

*The information provided is historical in nature and does not imply that FXCM maintains a particular capacity or performance level. Past results are not indicative of future performance. The price at which an order is executed does not negate the high level of risk involved with forex trading. Trading could result in losses regardless of the pricing quality of opening or closing transactions. Spreads Data comes from all available liquidity providers – liquidity providers subject to change.

1 Like

Don’t use Forex.com. It has some sign up fragility. If you try to use a different browser such as FF or Crome, it gives a different look. Also, I found out the too simple password given for the demo version. If you sign up for the demo, you cannot choose the password. And the password given would be your FIRST NAME only!!! And it is possible for you to sign up multiple times!!! 100,000 account? Twice sign up and you can double it up!!! Yay! Much fun than real demo trading!!!

It’s a real story. I reported it with photos to ForexFraud.com.

We strive to provide our customers with excellent service, so your feedback on our demo accounts is appreciated.

You mentioned experiencing “some sign up fragility”. Could you please tell us a bit more about this, so we can address it? Traders sign up for thousands of new demo accounts on FOREX.com every month, so we want to make sure the process works as smoothly for you as it does for everyone else.

You also said, “it gives a different look” when you try signing up for a demo using different browsers such as Firefox and Chrome. Could you please share with us the photos you said you took, so we can understand this issue better? We tested our demo sign up form on Firefox, Chrome and IE.

In regards to your comment about demo passwords, we make the default demo password simple and easy to remember, since no real money is at stake. Note you have the option to change your demo password on our platform, and we would be happy to walk you through how to do this.

1 Like

@keen246 can you please recommend a brooker.

@AmerAlomari I don’t trade Forex anymore. I moved to futures and stocks, which use a different spectrum of brokers than those from Forex, so I can’t recommend any forex broker as of now. One thing I can recommend is to stay away from FXCM. They are a total scam.

@keen246 thanks for the valuable infor.much appreciated if you have reached a broker please let me know.

omg! here are everybody senior, experienced, no need to give more suggestion,
Either way, are you selected your broker?

This has got to be the most dangerous and frustrating aspect of forex trading. I have been researching possible brokers for a couple weeks now and can’t seem to come up with a viable option. I was looking at forex.com but after reading their customer agreement the light came on as to why I should avoid market makers: they make more when you lose. So then I’m looking at FXCM, they have a good review on another site I was on, then I come here and I see nothing but bad news: banned from US, scam, bucket shop. And I’m not seeing sterling reviews here for OANDA, either.

Isn’t there ONE US regulated stp broker that doesn’t have a bad rep on this site?

Hi @musicguy1967,

It’s important to understand that if a particular retail forex broker tells you they are STP or ECN, that only means they must offset your trades with another firm that is a market maker. That’s because market makers perform a necessary function, not only in forex, but in many financial markets, including major stock and futures exchanges. We covered this in more detail in a discussion about how forex brokers execute client orders.

Consider what the world’s largest stock exchange says about how their market model works:

The cornerstone of the NYSE market model is the Designated Market Maker (DMM). DMMs have obligations to maintain fair and orderly markets for their assigned securities. They operate both manually and electronically to facilitate price discovery during market opens, closes and during periods of trading imbalances or instability. This high touch approach is crucial for offering the best prices, dampening volatility, adding liquidity and enhancing value.

DMMs apply their market experience and judgment of dynamic trading conditions, macroeconomic news and industry-specific intelligence, to inform their decisions. A valuable resource for our listed company community, DMMs offer insights, while making capital commitments, maintaining market integrity, and supporting price discovery.

Without market makers, there would be no forex market. That’s why all regulated forex brokers in the US have similar language in their customer agreements regarding market making. Instead of falling for an unregulated broker that may try to mislead you by saying otherwise, it would be better to trade through a well-regulated broker that is open about being a market maker.

In any industry, there is potential for conflicts of interest. That’s why we have regulations to protect consumers when it comes to buying food, cars, medicine, etc. Financial services are no different. Focusing on brokers that are regulated by reputable government authorities can help address your concerns. Key advantages of trading with a well-regulated broker are:

• minimum financial and trading standards they must meet,
  • ongoing monitoring by the regulators to ensure compliance,
  • a framework for handling complaints from customers, and the
  • power to enforce actions against regulated brokers for violations.

For example, the CFTC and NFA set the requirements a broker must meet in order to offer forex trading to US residents. Though not an exhaustive list, this membership application will give you an idea of some of those requirements: Compliance Requirements for Retail Foreign Exchange Dealer (RFED) Applicants | NFA

Particularly noteworthy are the requirements for financial transparency and trade execution accountability. Below is an excerpt from the CFTC site:

The final rules include financial requirements designed to ensure the financial integrity of firms engaging in retail forex transactions and robust customer protections. For example, FCMs [futures commission merchants] and RFEDs [retail foreign exchange dealers] are required to maintain net capital of $20 million plus 5 percent of the amount, if any, by which liabilities to retail forex customers exceed $10 million. Leverage in retail forex customer accounts will be subject to a security deposit requirement to be set by the National Futures Association within limits provided by the Commission. All retail forex counterparties and intermediaries are required to distribute forex-specific risk disclosure statements to customers and comply with comprehensive recordkeeping and reporting requirements.

I’m in Thailand also, just using forex dot com’s demo account using MT4.

I think forex.com is better than FXCM.
As I know, they have a lot of problems with stealing money. Especially, when FXTM has appointed Marcelo Spina as Global Head of Partnerships they received a lot of negative feedback and reviews.
Furthermore, forex.com has a support team even here :smiley: