I'm curious guys. What got you into forex trading?

I’m curious guys, What got you into forex trading? Whether values, ideals, injustices, or even pure money. I’d like to hear them. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I like puzzles and money, a challenge - if it were easy everyone would be doing it.

5 Likes

A combo of challenge and money! :slight_smile:

For you @midwest, it’s a combo of challenge and money! Thanks for your thoughts! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The desire to become independent form crazy employer and modern imperialistic slavery

11 Likes

That was intense @alexandra.cader! :fire:

An insatiable curiosity and limitless earning potential plus I got fired and rehired twice, they say the third time is a charm - fire myself!

2 Likes

Damn! :slight_smile:

i love things that involve mind games. That got me into forex trading.

4 Likes

Playground of the mind! :star:

1. I see trading as very similar to chess. It’s a game of skill that requires tremendous planning and forethought to be consistently successful. Also similar to chess, the answer to your opponents next move usually becomes obvious the more you analyze what’s happened so far
  2. Money. Unlike most careers, the potential earnings cap for trading is ridiculous.
  3. You can do it from anywhere that has a stable internet connection, so you’re not locked down to one area
  4. It’s very meritocratic. Big paydays usually result from smart decisions and execution (sometimes dumb luck, but that isn’t sustainable in the long run)

Forex specific points

1. it’s the most liquid market
  2. you have huge control over what you want to do thanks to leverage and ridiculous liquidity
  3. unlike the stock market, its open all the time, except for weekends
7 Likes

Meritocratic, a great word and perfect description for this endeavor. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I love challenging my brain, and the freedom that it will bring

2 Likes

Freedom + Challenge. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For me it was curiosity and a desire to profit. I am exceedingly curious person by nature, and the desire for profit is self-explanatory. :smiley:

1 Like

Curiosity and money. Answers are getting interesting. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s like a multi-purpose for me. It’s not about money, but a desire to apply personal aptitude and sure a challenge thing for me. Planning to build a corpus by myself apart from day job to support my future aim with spouse and people around us.
And also planning to beat the top traders. :laughing:

I have a long road to go. But I’m young and unmarried, so that’s okay. :wink:

1 Like

Good luck good luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sadomasochistic

5 Likes

So true. Haha. :laughing:

1 Like