Im disabled and need advice!

I sustained a brain injury (frontal lobe syndrome) and have short term memory issues preventing me from working. I used to be a network engineer before my injury and before trying to get back into the networking field again I would rather try attempting something new (Forex) so that if I failed my confidence wouldn’t be damaged.
Since my brain injury I did a basic and intermediate computer course sponsored by Forest Whitaker and I got 100% for both, however things like remembering where my computer, the kitchen, toilets and classroom is was my biggest issue.
Do people think this is a viable option or not? I don’t really want to MAKE money, I just dont want to LOSE alot.
I got myself a lock picking set and I have mastered it to the point where I can pick locks blindfolded, behind my back or underwater. Learning things may take a bit longer, but once I know it I can master it.
ANY ADVICE?

1 Like

FX trading is a mental challenge, and you could open a demo account to practice and experiment on. That costs you nothing.

Best of luck.

2 Likes

Forget about that part. Toughen up your leather, son. You’ve had an accident and it sucks. I’m sorry to hear that.

But avoiding things because your confidence is shaky, is setting low expectations for yourself. Fail and fail and fail. Again and again until you get what you want. Never give up!!

No one can tell you what your limitations are except you. Keep pushing!!! If you’re giving maximum effort and still fail, it’s ok. At least you know that you left nothing on the table.

this answer is fine , its all about a mental challenge , nothing without it. but besides demo it is more appropriate to trade in a micro account to make sure live trading experience.

if you are mentally weak , i think it is more appropriate to make sure leaving this place. otherwise there is no way to survive successfully

I consider myself to be waaaay above average in intellect but memory is an issue. My memory is actually 100% but I can’t put things in order. If I go sleep and once I wake up I won’t be able to remember if this post was made between a day to 2 weeks ago.
I make notes on my phone in point form for the past 7 years then type it into a word document at night. I first try to remember my day without my notes and I have so many blanks, but once I read it I can mentally picture things.
I just want to people’s honest opinion on whether I should attempt learning or not.
Since my brain injury I attempted lock picking and got some clear practice locks with it and in under 3,5 weeks later I could pick 3 locks blindfolded while holding my breath.

Hi, definitely gain knowledge and experience will take more time. Unfortunately, the results can be unsatisfied even your hard work. In my opinion, there is no possible to evaluate on 100%, you will be profitable or not because you are disabled person. Regards Greg

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. Maybe i should attempt with a demo account in the new year. I dont care if i dont make money, i just cant afford to lose money.

Try the demo account just like you said and see if you make money. One of the great things about trading in general is that you can set up the exit points of the trade as part of the entry trade (Stop Loss and Take Profit). This allows you to set a trade and then let it go. You do not have to remember to come back and close it, it will do that automatically. This allows you to do the whole trade in one thought process. Try it and see, with a demo account the only cost is time, not money.

Best advice is to try your best and learn a strategy, this can take people years, some people a few weeks.

Trading is all psychological really - I would say it’s 90% mind set and 10% strategy.

Back test your strategy on Trading View, journal them (might help with the short term memory loss), open a demo account. Once you are consistent over a long period of time, then think about going live.

This is all risk free!

Good luck mate!

Thanks for all the advice. I consider myself above average in intellect but have issues putting memories in order. I will probably try a demo account in the new year. Thanks again

FYI, I have been making notes on my phone in point form since 2015 then type it into a word document just as a diary. I noticed that basic things I struggle to remember like the date and what I had for breakfast, but important things stick, like birthdays and exercising come naturally. I want to see if something COMPLETELY new with be an issue. If i fail at Forex it wont affect my confidence because its NEW.

1 Like

Let try your best, nothing is impossible. Wish you all the best!