I'm finally done with the School! :)))

I agree with you guys! :smiley: Iā€™ve been looking for more information on YT and thereā€™s just SO MUCH OF IT that paying for basically the same information wouldnā€™t make much sense. :slight_smile:

Thanks Peter! :slight_smile:

I wish you happy trading too!

Well, I still use demo account time to time for strategy backtesting and experiments, but my training period took me one year to complete. During this period I completely avoided touching live trading account.

You have passed a long time in demo with great patience. Itā€™s great. if you did accurately without trading at random , I think now you are completely ready for live account when you are able to survive with successfully. Just control emotions and not to try to take revenge after having losses. Hope, you will get good result.

Thatā€™s interesting! Maybe I could also stick to my demo for about a year and for backtesting. :slight_smile: Iā€™m so scared to go live anyway because right now, Iā€™m still losing money on my demo. :sweat_smile:

Hmmmm. This is something that Iā€™m really trying my best to work on! I could be emotional at times so Iā€™m really trying my best to rein it in. Haha. :smiley:

Thanks for the tips Ontario and Peter! :slight_smile:

When trading live or demo, there is no one who can control emotions completely. but by means of regular practice with great discipline of course emotions can be controlled.

1 Like

When we trade in demo actually we canā€™t feel emotions at all because there is no real money, for that reason the experience in demo trading works not practically in a real account. So, I always prefer for the beginnerā€™s level a micro account to acquire a live experience even though sometimes it causes great losses.

As a beginners level I donā€™t support live trading, because it can make them much emotional and greedy. Demo trading can bring good knowledge and experience if anyone trade here according to the preschool level knowledge. It depends on traderā€™s psychology.

2 Likes

I agree! :slight_smile: I think that ā€œnot feeling anythingā€ at all doesnā€™t really apply when you lose or gain money. Plus, I wouldnā€™t want to get rid of that either since itā€™s what made Forex trading very interesting for me-- the thrill and anticipation! :smiley: (Although I havenā€™t really traded live.) Hahaha. [quote=ā€œHadden, post:47, topic:130618ā€]
When we trade in demo actually we canā€™t feel emotions at all because there is no real money, for that reason the experience in demo trading works not practically in a real account. S
[/quote]
For me, I could still feel emotions whenever Iā€™m demo trading. :sweat_smile: Sometimes, I get very upset that certain moves Iā€™ve anticipated donā€™t go my way! :frowning: But thank you for your advice! I will keep that in mind. :slight_smile:

I think it really does prepare you for what would come once you go live! :smiley: I agree! I mean, as for me, Iā€™ve been losing so much but I get to learn from my mistakes and try to avoid these plays! :sweat_smile: Haha. :slight_smile:

Emotions we canā€™t remove completely at all , itā€™s true. No one can avoid it successful or general trader . but of course emotions can be controlled by proper practice of trading with great discipline . good luck

Mistake and losses is a common issue as a armature, itā€™s not a big deal. Just try to avoid same mistake again, if you cannot come out from past mistake , there is no possibility to become a good trader at all. thatā€™s why always keep concern about last mistake.

Every loss teaches us a good lesion; if we can utilize that experience of course the percentage of losses can be reduced with certainly.

@Wara_arif
hehe
mate, before anyone noticesā€¦ change Lesion to LESSONā€¦ Trust me , even if you donā€™t understandā€¦ change it . hehe

congrats i will begin studying from march

1 Like

Thatā€™s great @letusc! :slight_smile:

Please do! Let me know what your favorite course would be! :smiley: It would be great talking to another newbie about the school again because even after I have opened my demo, I still find myself reading through cheat sheets on there! :sweat_smile:

Itā€™s odd how easy it is to consistently LOSE - isnā€™t it ? Whereas itā€™s really hard to consistently win !

Something I found confusing but useful too is to make notes when entering a trade of exactly Why the trade was entered and to write down the feelings - so often it is a ā€œFear of missing outā€ and exits are often due to a fear of losing too much. (on the very bar which is a ā€œReversal pointā€ ).

I think ā€œeducationā€ really starts when you go back and examine these trades afterwards (take screen shots of teh action on small time scales) - then go throughh them again, and try to feel those same emotions. See how your emotions "(Evolutionā€™s protection mechanisms) are entirely inappropriate in trading.

We are forever told from birth ā€œA bird in the hand is worth two in the bushā€ - Well maybe for a ā€œHunter gathererā€ that is true, but in a trading environment, it is self destructive. (Small wins - Big losses)

Then when you have done that a few times, when you are ready to take your next bet, steel yourself and when the pressure to ā€œBetā€ is intolereable, press the button, but instead of ā€œBuyingā€ - SELL ! {I assume you are on ā€œDemoā€ btw}

There is a lot of ā€œstuffā€ to be learned !

1 Like

Dā€™you know what Martin ? - I think ā€œLesionā€ is actually a good word for it ! :laughing:

We may not learn much from the experience - but we are definitely ā€œbruisedā€ :wink:

1 Like

@Falstaff hehe maybe it is :stuck_out_tongue:
oh well. ā€¦ too late to change it now

Yes. :smiley: I am still on demo. And I think I might stay on demo for quite a while. :sweat:

This is so true! :sweat: Sometimes, I see the market move in favor of my trade and just when I thought Iā€™m gonna hit my target, everything changes! I GET SO CONFUSED AND FRUSTRATED trying to figure out what I did wrong. :angry:

Iā€™m going to keep this in mind @Falstaff! :slight_smile: Thank you so much for the advice!

My latest trades were mostly influenced by signals that I see people post. Like, ā€œNow is the best time to buy EUR bla blaā€ with all the information like where to put my SL, TP. I thought this is the sure way to go since these are experts talking about trusted signals. But somehow, things still donā€™t go as planned and I still lose! :confused: Iā€™m not sure what I did wrong. :frowning: But maybe, really looking back into the details of each trade would enlighten me. Iā€™d do this for my next trade!

Thanks again! :blush: