I'm giving up on trading

Hey, It is completely okay to lose money. The most important thing is not to lose hope. I would suggest you take a break from live trading and indulge more in papertrading and backtesting. Make your strategies full proof and backtest them a lot to be confident. Once you see that your strategies are giving you desirable results, you will see your confidence will return on its own. Dont worry much about losing. However make sure to always trade with 10% of your capital so that even if you lose of it, You will still have 90% of your capital left.

Ellina, I want to clarify one thing. When you are trading, you cannot avoid losses altogether. Keep this in mind and go ahead.

Nobody can avoid losses. I believe one should both take profits and losses in his stride as it is a part of trading.

Agreed, losses are unavoidable but one can always build a proper strategy to minimise the risks.

You really need to control your emotions because they are a big obstacle in your trading career. You have to accept the fact that you will lose money when you trade forex. There is no way in which you can ignore losses completely. They are an important part of your trading journey.

How do you strategize?

Don’t give up instead step away and take some time off, when you don’t feel like you’re in right mind to trade.

just quit ,why you feel the urge to ask others?money is not the factor ,you just affraid of not winning ,don’t you

Quitting trading by most of traders is due to fear of losing but I think they should keep taking it more positively.

Don’t give up Forex rather keep trying because it wil help you earn some money ultimately. Develop your quality with time.

OP hasn’t come back since 2019.

yes you should be very afraid of trading ,because you will keep losing money for years until you found something useful.

once you make your bet ,you are so insecure ,you can do nothing about it but only watch your stop loss get hit. ,we all afraid of that.

everything you learn only work on paper ,once you start your trade your mind go off .,others said you will get atleast 50% winning trade but hell no ,bercause some of the profit trade will end up losing ,and the losing trade are still dead like a log, and i still paying bloody spread , swap ,which i will get interest from if i trade a stock instead ! we are afraid of that either.

and worse, you have the gut to tell me i should control my emotion in order to win ?as if i will start making money if i stop cursing .and you know why i currse ?because someone just hunt my stop loss again and again ,or else why am i always got stop out and the tip of the candle ? trade psychology?none of these things is making any sense .not just scare ,im terrified now .

so ,just quit and don’t look back .i wish you a great career and big fortune 2023 .

Ok. Getting darker.

No, don’t give up trading rather keep trying. One day you will be able to conquer Forex trading and will be profitable.

Yes, I agree with you. Everything will be fine after a while. Instead of quitting, you should take a break from trading.

1 Like

You need more patience, my friend. Just believe in yourself, and you will cope woth it!

1 Like

Take a break from trading and then start back again.

1 Like

Be patient and everything will work out after sometime.

Hi good day. I’m new to trading. Can you coach me ?

Don’t give up rather keep trying. You are not succeeding in trading because the attempt you are running on the market is wrong. So, rectify your trading approach.