I'm totally LOST!

I read a lot of books, watched a lot of educational videos, and also psychic and motivational. The course completed the basics of trading more than once and in different ways. I also tried many strategies.
But I simply failed! .
What is the edge. And here I go back to BP school again!. Since last September and I learn and read and follow very hard effort. Every day I learn 12-16 hours every day . Read and trade and follow and everything. But I failed! I did not get anything concrete. And now I’m beginning to feel that this world is probably impossible that anyone can learn! Is there any Magical way to do it ?!
I am completely lost!

Wow. Sorry to hear that you feel that way, don`t be discouraged it will take time to find your way. And you may always find elements of trading frustrating.

What have you been doing at the moment trading wise and what is it that puzzles you.

2 Likes

Find the simplest strategy possible. Doesn’t have to be something that will make fantastic returns, that’s not the objective right now, just make sure it has clear risk management features. Demo trade this dumb strategy until you understand why it works and why it produces losers under certain circumstances and where it doesn’t “fit” you personally. Modify each parameter and test the result until you understand it and then modify the next one and test that and so on. Don’t rush this.

3 Likes

Sometimes it is important to know what to read and what not to read. You didn’t specify where the problem is. It is the biggest problem. To be successful in anything you have to know where is the problem no one can give you solution. You have to find out what you lacks.

2 Likes

The problem is that the more I read and the more I learn, the more puzzled and unreliable. This situation has caused me very bad feelings . When I start trading I can not do anything right at all, and all my decisions are wrong

The more I learn :arrow_right: The more I confused

The problem is not not knowing everything. So learning everything is not the solution.

The problem is deciding what you need to know. The solution is learning what you need to learn.

1 Like

How can I do that ?
Please

Google to find the simplest strategy available. Demo trade it until you understand why it works and when it produces losers. But more importantly how well it suits you personally. Then understand why it doesn’t suit you best and how it could be modified to suit you better.

For example, if you wish to trade by trend-following, identify the characteristics that confirm a trend and which allow you to judge one trend against three others, so you can see which of the 4 trends best suits your strategy. Identify what you;re looking for so you know when you’ve found it.

e.g. If you’re a treasure hunter in some ancient tombs, what is the treasure you’re looking for? Are you looking for a chest of diamonds or 2 chests of gold or 3 chests of silver, or just a chest of something valuable, like copper? If you don’t decide now, you will be looking forever.

2 Likes

@A90J, when your a newbie the best thing you can do is get a sandbox account and trade a naked chart, Learn price action and momentum, keep a record/diary of your progress and failulars. If you feel you must have an indicator use and SMA or EMA 200 if its above the live the trend is bullish take the trade and if below it is bearish take the trade. The important thing is to trade. Remember indicators are to confirm what your see not the other way around. Learn momentum and you will never need help picking a trade.

4 Likes

I have a few questions to ask if you don’t mind answering:

1. Have you traded with real money or are you facing difficulties in demo? this could potentially tell you what the issue is.
  2. What timeframe do you use to trade? I have read a lot that most people fail because they get lured into shorter timeframes because of the sheer volume of opportunities but fail have the right mindset.
1 Like

you are not alone. so don’t fall in depress. i guess everything will be ok. Just make a solutions and keep going :slight_smile:

1 Like

Huhuhu! :sweat: I understand this because I’ve also been struggling, especially since I’ve been very busy. :frowning: But don’t be discouraged! :smiley: :sunny: As some of the experts here say, it could really take years before you get the hang of it. BUT it will be worth it. :slight_smile: I could imagine it will be such a fulfilling experience! :smiley:

I’m hoping for nothing but the best for you! :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @frazali32

1. YES i did.
  2. Mainly 5min chart

Well, here is my suggestion, why don’t you try demo trading with some longer timeframes instead and see how it goes.

I for one can’t even think about trading in 5 min chart my mind would explode. I trade daily by the way

1 Like

You have become restless. The problem is you want something 100% perfect which is a myth. I think you are changing strategy one after another. Take a pause. Give time to test a strategy on demo. If you are indicators based trader, learn how different parameter of indicators works. Admit that it takes time to master anything.

1 Like

Can you answer this question plz

Yep, it’s nice idea!

confusion is part of the process, it’s the middle part, of learning something. give-up and that’s the end of it. keep going and your one hour closer to getting it right.

2 Likes

Thank you very much ,
You gave me hope to continue