I'm trying out the HLHB system!

Hi to all, yes as i remenber the position will not be closed … as i remenber criteria are 150 pips trailing and 400 tp… if you follow the rules … but as correctly Manxx said , this is the rule for the mechanical entry and exit…

2 Likes

Hi @Alberto.GP! :smiley: Super psyched to have more people here. :stuck_out_tongue: Haha. I just got in for EURUSD @1.17642 and I’m still unsure as to where the market’s heading. :sweat_smile: I guess I’d just have to keep my eyes glued to my charts. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for your patience with me @anon46773462! Huhu.You’re the best! :blush: I just went for the original one last week since I started out with it. :sweat_smile: I’ll do the tweaking this week to see if there would be any improvement or difference from the original. :smiley:

P.S. Your view looks amazing! Huhu :smile: Looks so serene and peaceful. :smiley: Your house must be located at a very scenic spot!!! Good for you! :smiley:

This is how my chart looks like for GBPUSD:

So, I went long @1.32991 but I still have my TP at 100 pips and TS at 50 pips. :frowning: I also kinda wanna trade realistically huhu so I don’t think I’d be able to afford a loss of 150 pips. HUHUHU. What do you guys think?

This is my chart for EURUSD:

Did you enter any trade Manxx? :smiley: I also went long @ 1.17761 and I’m currently up by 12 pips. Huhu. It’s still very unpredictable though. :confused:

HI to all, since i like to trade with MA , I have created a tread (because different method from this) at this link in case someone want partecipate
4h Trend Trading

I’m suuuper excited! Haha. I’m 42 pips up for my GBPUSD trade. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

[quote=“ria_rose, post:76, topic:156573”]
Your house must be located at a very scenic spot!!![/quote]
We actually live on the edge of a small town. The fotos are from our summer cottage which is just over an hour’s drive away - I like the feel of nature around me and its my hideaway place! :slight_smile:

I went long of EU after the NFP on Friday. I just closed out half my position and will let the rest run until, well, until…:smiley: :smiley:

I am on semi holidays from trading for the time being doing some building work on the cottage and at home so I am really just in and out of positions for now. But I am following the HLHB as we go.

You are doing great!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Possible set up on JPY… let see how will close this candle

Ooooh! :blush: That sounds super nice! :smiley: You’re lucky that you still have easy access to nature. I could just imagine how peaceful you feel whenever you’re there! :smiley:

Well, like you said, haha. :smiley: Sometimes, no trade is a better trade! :slight_smile:

Thank youuu!!! :smiley: All thanks to everyone’s help! Huhu. :blush:

EURUSD is so unpredictable. :frowning: Now I’m just 4 pips up but I feel like the market’s changing its direction soon.

What do you guys think? :thinking:

i am out fro EU since the movement was alrady done on friday… i ll wait if there will be a retracement… in h4 and daily with this system the main trend is up

1 Like

As far as the HLHB system is concerned everything is just fine, nothing has changed. But if you feel that you prefer at this stage to take small profits and just watch how the system performs from the sidelines then that is a different matter.

Mondays are always a bit uncertain. It was pretty certain that the morning session would see some higher highs after Friday - but it is quite common for the US session to test the lows and maybe try for the close last Friday (around 1.1745 depending on one’s charting service). After that, (if it even happens!) we will see if this upmove really does have some underlying strength.

Remember - the HLHB is a trend-catcher system, not a day-trading method to catch a few pips here and there. If you are really testing it then you should obey its rules…

2 Likes

Got it! :smiley: I’m just gonna watch over my charts for now and see where this goes. :slight_smile: I’m still in a relatively good place, thanks to the system! :blush:

It is also worth remembering that this HLHB move actually started on 28.6. at 1.1592 so it already has a fair profit on it!!! One can’t judge it only from where one got in if one joins a trade later, but that does give one reason to jump out with a profit if it looks vulnerable…

1 Like

yes , finally goes up

2 Likes

Hello @anon46773462

I think you are right I was doing some mutations to the HLHB system, in the case of the stop/target I used the resistance/support instead of the 150/400 pips, next trade I’m going to use the real HLHB system in order to evaluate the system correctly.

Regarding the RSI I’m using the ‘close’ values since my demo account doesn’t have the ‘median’ option :frowning:

I closed the position since the resistance looks is working:

Thanks for the feedback!!

1 Like

Well, here we are right now at that level…

…Let’s see what happens next! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is this the real life? It’s sooo great to see more friends trying out the HLHB System! :wave:

Hi guys, I’m Huck and I trade the HLHB Trend-Catching System. It’s based on the Amazing SMA Crossover System but I’ve made a few experiments and tweaks to hopefully catch more pips.

Here are the chart settings that I’m currently using:

• 1-hour charts for EUR/USD, GBP/USD, and USD/JPY
  • 5 and 10 EMAs
  • RSI (14) applied to the middle
  • ADX (14) applied to the close, with 25 as the buy/sell threshold

The goal is to have a mechanical system that gets pips on its own regardless of the trading environment. I’m still working on getting (and keeping) pips when pairs are ranging though!

How about you? Have you made any tweaks to make the system work for you and your trading personality? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

woooow are you ? ))) nice to see you here and many thanks … yes it is real life… thanks for the remind rules… yes we are facing with some different tweaks … we are trying with MA applied to typical price … or for example personally i use as a reference for entry and exit the round number … in some case also the 200 MA will be usefull … but anyway we try to trade as you explain …

1 Like