I'm up 252%..... By simply using Price action on 1m

Thanks for the information. My question is where can I get access to backtest tick charts? Is there a fee?

I know that MT4 has lots of custom EAs and indicators that allows one to create tick charts on offline charts. I use a couple different platforms that allow different charting methods. The screenshots I had posted just now were made with MultiCharts.

This might help:

Why didn’t you pick one of the first two candles which intersected the MA - what is your criteria for that?

Cheers, Paul.

The candle which intersected the MA line was the one I decided to play. Looking back at any of the other MA intersect would of resulted in the very same thing.

Thank you very much. Will give it a look once I have some free time.

the absolute gain is 125%, with a huge dd…

well, I think most scalpers lose they account in 1 or 2 weeks, and thats why you only hear about swing trading, because it takes more time to destroy an account for a mid-long term trader than for a scalper.
most newbies start to trade forex because of the adrenaline burst and the addiction they find on it. This type of traders (if we can call them traders) are always scalpers.

More accurate? not really, accuracy has nothing to deal with tf. the accuracy is a property of the system itself. take the same pick from a 4h tf, is it less accurate?
I dont think so…
About the 95%, you are saying: most traders lose, and most traders are swing traders. few traders win, and few traders are scalpers. So we can conclude scalping is more profitable than swing trading. This is not a valid argumentation, you are falling in a logic fallacy.

on the other hand, your myfxbook shows:
Expectancy: -0.9 Pips / $4.32
This Year +165.1% (+56.54%) $2021.02 (-$2463.60) -409.40 (+475.1) 62% (-8%) 177 (-1151) 127.00 (-180.82)
-409 pips in 2 months.
so you have no edge on the market. You make money thanks to your martingale mm strategy, attached to a “losing” system with a risk to reward lower than 1:0,4.
So I can conclude that what makes you win is not the system itself, but the mm you apply to this system.

I would like to know your total amount of money you have designated to forex, so we could know your real risks and returns…You should have tons of money to risk a 8k account in 1 trade, without sl, like you did this past tuesday… But i still can’t understand the point of this… it takes you several months of hard work (over 1k trades) to win 5k, and this week you had a dd of 6,5 k in your 8k account, just 12 pips more and you would have you blown it.

You say your system has never had a dd higher than 4 losses in a row, so i assume that with just 4 losses you have dd of 70% of your account.
And why your small orders has sl, but, when you martingale the position size, you enter without sl, to get just a few pips? And you are also adding new positions in the same direction when you lose… aren’t you playing with luck?

I can see in your myfxbook that you blown your 1k account and then refunded it with 3k, are you planning to martingale your deposits too?

You are now teaching the entry signals you use on your system…I hope you will teach the martingale you use, otherwise you are just teaching a system that lose over 2 k pips/year… Everybody could achieve the same results (in pips)by just throwing a coin 1000 times to determine his entries and exits.

So, in resume, isn’t all of this just a big martingale with a low risk to reward ratio?

You are trading the 1 min tf. can you explain what is the point of letting a trade run 13 days (18700 bars), reaching a minimum of -185 pips, until it goes up again and close it for +35?
you posted a week ago:

So, should we affirm you have no idea of what are you doing, or/and saying? how its suposed we should look your dd in pips, if you system has a negative return in pips?

Is the trader and the writer the same person?

And pls dont answer with an offensive commentary, i’m just asking obvious questions I have in mind without any offending intension.
sry for the large post with this astronomical number of questions :wink:

well, i just realized this:
Client1 System | Myfxbook
and this:
ScalpForProfit System | Myfxbook

This is exactly what i was talking about on my previous post. In 30 min you lost the work of 9 months + 2200$ on interests…

Yes I did. Not because of my system, but because of my bias to the short position. It happens, I’m human and I will correct my impulsive behavior. Yet I have been able to withdraw funds, which means I can re-deposit and pick up where I left off. In no way was todays action a revelation that my system doesn’t work. Just at times we trade with emotion instead of sticking with what works. Listen learned to all the noobs.

I hope Client1 wasn’t someone else’s money you were managing. :open_mouth:

Geeze… What happened to your stop loss?

Omg. I was so shock when I checked out your profile in myfxbook just now. You just lost $1,800 (approx 90%) on 2 trades alone.

To be honest, this is more like gambling to me rather than trading with sound MM. Shouldn’t risk too much on each trade. Perhaps you should cool yourself down a little bit.

Good luck!

Ouch. That hurts both as an observer and as a fellow short term trader. It would actually be uncommon at this point to see the account get back to where it was, but I wish you the best of luck. Losing 90% of an account, regardless of withdraws is both painful and reckless. Hopefully we learn from our mistakes!

Its indeed disappointing, your method has a promise. High frequency trading is all about improving your probability of winning trades while reducing the risk/reward ratio, and adherence to strict MM rules and SL levels is a must in this form of trading.

You can say that again… What amazes me is how in the moment you truly believe it will turn. That one decision caused me to enter without a stop loss. To myself I thought from asia to US session the price has increased. It would be logical for the “frontloaders” to sell into the news. Especially when we saw that one strong candle down. That actually activated a pending sell. I walked away from the computer thinking that one candle should do the trick. Turned out to be the turning point. And actually it reveals I didnt follow my rules. Recall yesterday I mentioned the high/low of the candle which touches the middle band is how i determine my entry. Well It closed over the high and I never took the position +85 points in about 12 mins. :frowning:

Gambling isn’t defined by the amount of money you wager. It is defined by actually wagering. It took over 80+ pips to put me in the hole over 2000 usd. I just pulled the sl thinking it would come back. Thats bias trading, and there I was thinking more like a swinger. I deserved, but tomorrow I willl take off. Then redeposit for next week trading session.

The last 3 days I have not been entering sl at all. I really don’t know what has gotten into me.

My reality is that Im still in overall profit since the time I have deposited into this account. So nothing truly loss. It isn’t profit unless you withdraw it. Yet it hurts when you stop sticking to your rules and become something your not.

Now that I understand this technique better I have to say with respect, that it seems a bit mad; considering prices always tend to head back towards the mean (mean reversion) the fact that you wait for that to happen and then take your trade makes this technique seem a bit like pot luck.

Really, IMO it seems like it makes more sense to detect when prices break away from the mean, and then take your trade rather than doing the opposite?

Indeed, if you’d have picked the actual first candle which crossed the MA and then taken your trade, you’d have been in for a massive draw-down before making any profit at all, wouldn’t you?

Apologies if I’ve missed something :slight_smile:

Cheers, Paul.

Hello sir. Well what happens is this. The range inbetween the two lines is my NO TRADE ZONE. So say that the price drops below the bottom line. As long as it closes under, then I would take a sell. If the price moves back up and inside that no trade zone I then close the order and take the loss (In theory that is what should be done, but its clear to see I dont do it as much as I should). Then if the price closes above the top line, then I enter long. So really my stop loss should be less then 10, but it all depends on the price action. Today on the position which I lost over 80 pips. The price touched the middle band, and the bounce right off of it and spiked up. I left my screen for maybe 3 mins and when i came back i was down about 30 pips. Bias told me to hold and the rest was history.

Anyway here is a new account I have loaded. Lets see if I can get it back to the 2k I lost today.
TryThisAgain System | Myfxbook

How does someone make a profit trading so many quick trades. Wouldn’t the spread eat up all the profits even if you are good at it?