Indicator Reviews needed?

Good day traders, I trust you are doing well. I’m a newbie who recently started reviewing indicators.
I’ve heard about repenting, non-repenting and lagging indicators. I really could use your help finding good indicators, especially under the non-repenting and lagging categories.

I really am looking forward to your priceless replies.
#shalom!

The indicator is secondary to your strategy, so the choice of best indicator depends on the detailed rules of your strategy. Start with the strategy. Add the indicator you need to improve your strategy: if you don’t have a winning strategy, adding a number of indicators will not help.

Note that all indicators lag as they all look back at historical prices. This is really crucial if you use indicators to tell you ti buy/sell right now. But that would be a mistake anyway. Don’t use indicators to signal entries and exits, they can’t do it.

Start with a moving average to confirm trend.

4 Likes

thank you very much… i really appreciate your response.
i currently use the moving point average, and has proved to be of great help, especially in trending. i was just seeking something that could help me in 15M/30M scalping?

Indicators are heartless. They don’t repent. But some of them do “repaint”. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

A moving average can confirm trend and allow different trends on different charts to be compared. Same in any chart time-frame, though its possible that trends in time-frames less than an hour might be frequently subject to reversals - needs screen-watching your selected target to gain more information.

1 Like

Use indicators as a guide rather than a trigger , get to know 1 or 2 at best and use key levels

1 Like

The indicators totally depend on your trading strategy. Every trader has a different trading strategy and I think it is not advised to take the review of any other broker regarding using the EA because they may be using different strategies. So, I suggest test the EA on demo first, and if it suits your strategy go on with it.

Indicators are always dependant on what trader style of trading is. I would say to opt for either RSI, MACD or Parabolic Sars

You will only need an indicator when you require improvements in your strategy. Review your strategy in detail. If it is not already good, you must work on it. Use them as a means to fulfil your strategy but do not depend on them entirely.

Simple moving averages are the best.

I think the choice of indicators entirely depends on the trading strategy you are using. First, choose a trading strategy and then, an indicator.

Anyone using custom-made indicators sold by some traders out there? I have seen one called AT80, it looks a bit complicated but then the owner said that we just need to follow such command. I don’t think I can put any links by now just yet, but you can suit yourself to look that keyword on google. Just need another perspective before taking any decisions…