Indicators on MT4

There are several indicators on MT4 platform. How do you use them effectively in your trading?
Do they help you in trading?

These are simply example indicators that demonstrate what an indicator might look like, but these indicators do not work at all period.

The basic free indicators produce values that are completely as random or even more random than the price chart itself.

Good luck.

1 Like

Can we use them on all platforms?

It would almost be shocking if there were any two people that liked all the same indicators.

I suppose I don’t have to have indicators to trade, but I like using them. I like letting moving averages or the PSAR telling me where to enter a trade.

But you get to a point where it seems like all of them just tell you the same information but in a different visual format. So using more than a few I don’t think helps anyone. Use the ones you find most visually appealing and easy to quickly process.

I enjoy different Trading strategies so I have some days of the week I focus on one strategy, another day where I go to my backup strategy, and another day where I practice the strategy I intend to use far more often in the future.

All of them can be done with two to four moving averages and or the psar.

The psychology, and the willingness to accept that using a larger stop loss actually leads to more winning trades, is the necessary connection between trader and trading indicators that gives them value. Many people use same indicators, same settings. Some are profitable, some lose everything. I think that’s why it’s so hard for most traders to be successful. By limiting risk, one limits success.

1M Eur/JPY
Ema 25/200
PSAR 0.0009/0.07

PSAR change = enter
EMAs cross = enter
Works either way

When to close?
Nobody knows.
But the profit was there for us all if we just closed that trade while up a few pips.

2 Likes