Influencers are being paid to advertise cryptocurrency on social media

Kim Kardashian, D’Amelio family, Tana Mongeau, Floyd Mayweather, Loren Gray…is this the top for crypto? :thinking:

As cryptocurrency has become more mainstream this year, it has reached the influencer world. Influencers, such as the D’Amelio family and Tana Mongeau, have started to post paid advertisements on their social media platforms for different digital coins and exchanges.

That is a common practise these days. Bring a known face and then advertise.

Who was it said ?

“When even the boot boy is giving you advice on stocks - It’s time to get out !”

But of course - As we All know -

This time it’s different ! :slightly_smiling_face:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extraordinary-Popular-Delusions-Madness-Crowds/dp/149036188X/ref=sr_1_1?crid=33LBRO2BUNUDV&dchild=1&keywords=extraordinary+delusions+and+the+madness+of+crowds&qid=1624982529&sprefix=extraordinary+delusions%2Caps%2C187&sr=8-1

Even the late John McAffee got in trouble for that exact thing with SEC. I think that’s how his troubles started.

Frankly, if a celebrity is pushing cryptocurrency on their social media, and especially if that crypto is not one of the major currencies - Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc. - I take it with a grain of salt, to put it mildly.

They’ll promote anything as long as the price is right.

1 Like

A few and and I mean A FEW, will have some interest in crypto but the majority will be advertising it like they would anything else - because it is paying.

It is how they earn, what can we say.

absolutely, and who is paying them? Of course, the whales who have invested heavily in cryptos such as doge, btc, and eth. These influencers are being paid to create a hype so that demand and the price of the cryptocurrencies are raised. What happened with doge is a good example of it, several celebrities and influencers came together and promoted a crypto that had no potential in it, or projects to be backed with still the price of doge rallied to almost 67 cents and currently it stands at 28 cents which is less than half than what it was before the slump. Their goal is to simply pump the coin as much as they can and dump it as soon as they gain a substantial profit.

Since Social Media is a huge platform in reaching out to a large mass of audience, it is quite likely that the influencers will advertise and promote cryptocurrency in that space. Also, celebrity endorsements on social media are encouraging these influencers to get better payment. I think it opens up a wide opportunity for the advertisers to engage more audience.