Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

We’ll see what the durable orders does.

Been super busy at work…

In short at OTE 1.2964. Great retracement right into the monthly pivot and weekly open with plenty of time left and even some ADR to fill. 1% risk.

A little hasty? Just before a major new announcement?

If Fiber fails to make a lower low then in my opinion MS is Bullish!

I guess the train is on track. 30 pips off, stop to break even

Probably. That’s why you trade for a living and I’m still tinkering with it.
I usually am mostly concerned with interest rates and NFP but it was a little sloppy to get in before the news. Still hit my TP at 1.2940 and I got a little more than 1%. I see many times the central bank that knows the news or their friends across the ocean seem to get positioned in the right direction before it happens.

I’m going over the last ICT video talking about someone protecting the big figure. Very cool stuff.

Nice trade!

Missed my order by 2 pips :frowning:

Limit @ 1.6014

Oh well!

Check out USDX on 15 min and look at the MACD, what could that mean?

Today is a good learning day for trying to understand the market. :33:

Or maybe more for learning patience!

But also homework! If I’d have done more analysis on Sunday, or yesterday, I would have been all over that 300 level like a rash.

I feel we have reached a bottom for today and could get a bounce, however I expect us to test 1.2830 over the coming days.

Out of my 1.30029 short earlier today and sitting on the sidelines for now, until the market and volume leave a few clues…

Good luck guys!

Volumes, mmm, I’ve weaned myself off of them :wink: Market structure beats it hands down.

Hi Purple

I noticed from a few of your posts in the past that you used VSA to help with your trading ideas.

I feel like i’m trading blind without it, I love it!! I only wish I had discovered it 13 years ago when I started trading, it would have saved me a lot of time and money that’s for sure!

Although today it did get me out early when I saw buying coming in, but better safe than sorry :cool:

Open question to anyone knowledgeable:

I’m reading about market flow and market structure and I’m trying to simplify it in my mind.

“Market flow” is fractals, I think, on what ever TF, with a SH that is made when there are two candles that are lower on either side and opposite for swing lows. This is traded by watching when new fractals are formed indicating there is an up or down trending market and a trader enters when the new fractal is formed or OTE of the last fractal.

“Market structure” is ? Uh actually I can’t describe very well. It has to do with breaking the series of HH and HL. It uses long term ,intermediate term and short term swing highs and lows looking for a set of matching HH’s and HL’s and when this is broken, market structure is broken?

Just noticed I’ve been upgraded to Junior member! A few more posts and I can start shaving and maybe borrow the keys to the car. Woohoo!

I know exactly what you mean, that’s why I said ‘wean’ , I still used it for while after starting to study ICT’s stuff, but soon realised there are better things.

I could never figure out how you worked out if you were in Accumulation or Distribution with it, although handy for low volume trend continuation, but for Acc/Dist, no, if you take a look at last weeks chart on the 1HR, you are likely to read it as selling into highs, then when the market structure turns bullish, it actually turns to read as buying into dips, so as far as that is concerned it’s not telling you more than you can read from market structure. But the thing is that a higher low is a higher low, you can’t argue about that, with volumes, you don’t really know, you’re waiting for a reaction to confirm, focusing more on ICT’s methods, you are in the trade well before you even think of what the reaction is.

And o course you’ve got the issue that the volume changes from session to session, so ideally you need to compensate for that, which for me is nigh on impossible, so I don’t use it all now, I don’t need to look for trend continuation with it, since I’m usually in the trade before I need to jump on the trend.

Of course you may find it a lot more useful than I ever did, but I think last week’s posting on the VSA thread about it being a distribution phase says a lot, over here we were seeing it clear as day as accumulation.

Good trade today though, you got in at the top of the market, VSA?

But I’ll bet there was pretty low volume at the narrow spread candle on the little swing back up to the 80 level on the 15m and 5m, for the trend continuation for the second chance entry for shorting, dunno, shan’t look.

I think there is also a key difference in the approach, with VSA, you are trying to read the market as it’s moving along, while with ICT, you are aiming and stalking levels, and waiting for buy sell patterns to appear, it eliminates errors, stalk your levels stick to your guns and wait for it, while with VSA you tend to react to extreme volumes.

One thing I’ve noticed the while time I’ve been learning is that trading less makes more money. Very odd to say that but it has been true. I’m positive for the day with a good entry that was not emotional but triggered by a pending order and I got out a little too soon but a win is a win. So no more trading for me today. I’ll spend the rest of the day reading and making notes. If I can crack open market structure in a paragraph or two, I’ll post what I find for review and comment. Make money!

Sorry Vinster for my sarcasm, but I just love doing this - Let me google that for you

Nice you cheeky devil… that made me giggle… :18:

I try, we could do with a couple of charts on it though, I’m not that hot on it, MS fine, MF? ICT, could you shed a little more light?