Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

Thank you for answering my question in today’s live video. I will be trying to identify those “subtle hints”… maybe there’s some way you can release it anonymously (Get in touch with the bitcoin traders?) or release it in such a way that doesn’t violate any legal agreements.

2015-08-28_1624 - Hogarste’s library I thought I would post a couple of examples from the mini S&P today.

I have no connection with ICT currently or in the past, just wanted to get that out of the way.

I have a question for forum members of this thread. I ran across ICT videos on Youtube and waded through two videos and thought …“hey this guy has put lot of work in these …yaddy yaddi.” so I go to his website and everthing is disabled except the free content so then of course I ended up here out of curiousity. I have been meddlin in FX now for six years and I wanted to improve my current skillset in Price Action combined candle sticks and with longer swing trading and even scalping opportunities…etc.

So here is my question. Before I wade through 40 hours of videos taking notes, reviewing 5 times etc. and really trying to immitate Huddleston’s knowledge-base I wanted to get everyone [who will share] to express their rating of ICT subject matter/ videos on-line… [not Huddleston’s MYfxbook which obviously did not prove a success from what I read] to say another way, more to the training video concepts, are they worth investing time in really studying or are they a load of you know what or are there pearls rattling around it the sandfilled clam?

If the primary or tertiary case, Does anyone have list of videos that they recommend over the others…example: Trading Forex Like The Market Maker on Youtube, aka trade range based on Monday Dly close.

I thank anyone and everyone in advance.

I would say that the Market Maker series pulls everything together. Im not sure how much you know from your previous experience, so give the MM series a try, and if it goes fairly well but you want some help, there is a chat community that helps each other. Personally, I thought todays GU was textbook ICT. I sometimes go back and listen to his older videos and find that I now catch things that I did not before. I have a fairly decent understanding of the videos his published, and I am always happy to help a fellow trader with the ICT stuff if I can.

[QUOTE=paladino444;721447]I have no connection with ICT currently or in the past, just wanted to get that out of the way.

I have a question for forum members of this thread. I ran across ICT videos on Youtube and waded through two videos and thought …“hey this guy has put lot of work in these …yaddy yaddi.” so I go to his website and everthing is disabled except the free content so then of course I ended up here out of curiousity. I have been meddlin in FX now for six years and I wanted to improve my current skillset in Price Action combined candle sticks and with longer swing trading and even scalping opportunities…etc.

So here is my question. Before I wade through 40 hours of videos taking notes, reviewing 5 times etc. and really trying to immitate Huddleston’s knowledge

Now I don’t want to appear negative at all so please genuinely consider what I am saying/asking here.

Firstly, I have watched some of ICT’s videos and his approach seems to have some value. [U]But why oh why ONLY do it in a DEMO account!!![/U]! Seriously?

It seems in conflict with the purported claims of trading this way over the long term. Surely even a modest account with a $1,000 would show greater intent and belief and certainly make a stronger case to any doubters. Like ICT says if you can’t get together $1,000 how about an account with $100 !!!

I cannot think of one justifiable reason why this is happening on demo and by NOT doing it LIVE it really undermines ICTs credibility I believe. Please enlighten me and then I’ll maybe commit to going through the countless hours of videos to master it.

PS. I’m not expecting ICT to reply to this message but it is an apparent contradiction which is staring everybody in the face and it is easy to remedy. If ICT is making a living from trading the markets funding a live account would be no big issue. So why not?

If you really want to see the validity and value of ICT’s work, then watch the videos, learn what he’s teaching, and use it. The real show here, is not on Myfxbook, it’s about how much better a person’s trading can get with these methods.

2015-09-11_1821 - Hogarste’s library

Very easy to see the Institutional smoking breaks and their likely effects.

I notice you didn’t answer the question of why use a DEMO account rather than LIVE. You’re answer may be true regarding the ICTs training but in no way addresses the underlying concern. Why not a LIVE account? Simple question and without one, like I say it totally undermines what ICT is setting out to do.

Using ICT’s own words for those wanting to follow and learn …

“… if you can’t find $1,000 to create an account everyone can get together $100.”

So why not ICT himself? Everyone if they are honest with themselves can see the contradiction and the reasonableness of such a question. Trying to justify it by ignoring it does not make it go away. Like I say I am not criticising ICT’s training or technique but he really has not given serious thought as to what it says to others if he is not fully committed to his own approach. Anything said otherwise to justify it is pure distraction and is always going to be inferior to doing it in a LIVE account.

You’re right. I don’t know why he starts these myfxbook challenges and real money becomes demo. He often doesn’t seem to be doing his best at them. I don’t know… ICT is a phenomena, and there are only a few things that I am certain of.

1. The material that ICT has released has made me a better trader. I am right about market direction and entry points far more often then I ever thought possible. I have had several different sources for my learning, and I believe ICT has influenced me the most, by far, and I am grateful for that. It has not at all been easy. I work very hard at trading, and learning has taken me several years. I keep a journal of the pairs at night, whether or not I feel like it. There has been a real cost in time and effort.

2. ICT has released hundreds of hours of instructional videos, and all of it is free. This is videos are planned, often outlined and then is the work to prepare the actual videos, and he does not want money from anyone - I offered money a few years ago, and he declined. Every person likes attention, and I’m sure that ICT does not hate the fact that he has a following. Regardless, there is an undeniable level of generosity in his work, that inspires me to be more generous as well.

3. I’ve seen ICT call trades in real time, down to the 5 minute candle. When I did the analysis for myself and agreed with it, I made real dollars on real trades. I don’t even like watching his market previews before hand anymore, but I watch them after the fact and am pretty psyched that my journal has often noted the same levels.

I agree that you ask a very logical question. However, I do not think you are asking the key question. Personally, I think the myfxbook stuff is the illusion, and it makes no difference. It’s a distraction that gives people something to focus on aside from spending the effort to look at their own trading. The key question we must all ask ourselves is “what will make me a better trader?” For me the answer is the work ICT has released, because I understand the logic.

Freefox, I really do hope that whatever the method you use, that you are successful. Given the choice between focusing on a challenge that has nothing to do with my own money, or reinforcing and using methods that do work for me (and trying to be nice to newbies by saying ‘hey, check this out’), my primary attention is on my own trading. I cannot answer the question that you are asking, as I don’t know.

Actually Freefox’s question is something that has bothered me, no actually not ‘bothered’ but maybe ‘interested’ is a better word.

I remember a few years back about a then recently retired bank trader. He couldn’t stick the boredom and started up ‘on his own’, that is he became one of us, a retail trader.

it was a sea-change for him, one of his early trades was going wrong, sat up the entire night nursing until able to exit to his satisfaction some time during late Asian.

That was on a demo.

I suppose we are all wired differently, but personally I really cannot understand why the phycology changes - in my tiny mind I figure that if I behave differently because the trade is demo instead of live then I question my ability to undertake the physiological issues associated with trading.

Just something that I have thought about every time I see a post saying that it is ‘only’ a demo, we are blessed with the multitude of demo accounts currently available, a very short few years ago they were not so common.

Definitely a good point. From the original comment, I thought the point being made was that the value of the materials in peoples mind is directly linked to ICT’s performance on Myfxbook, and also the real versus demo debate. I agree that real versus demo is an important thing to understand, and my own view is that like a golfer who goes to the driving range to work on his game mechanically, demo trading can be helpful. Then, as someone makes up games on the range or has practice rounds, which increase the psychological ante, trading with very small lot sizes can be helpful to build one up, and realize that a repeating routine, and knowing what you are looking for on your chart before you sit at your desk can really help in trading .05 lots, .5 lots or 5 lots.

Used to be that I could never chip well around the green in a real round. SO when I practiced, I made building a routine my foundation, so that when I played a real round, I had something to fall back on. That is why I find it so frustrating when people advise traders not to trade demo. I totally agree that this is a valuable argument for people to understand, whatever their trading style is.

It’s just that people want to link ICT’s performance on Myfxbook to the value of the materials, and it is a logical thing to do at face value. But I think that time and confidence building are more aided by learning and working internally, then by following a mentor on Myfxbook.'s a proposition that only has a down side. If ICT makes a million on Myfxbook, I don’t proper from it, and if he’s taking it less seriously and I’m overly invested in his results, I stand to lose confidence in methods that make sense to me. What’s the upside?

2015-09-14_1840 - Hogarste’s library

One of the things I really like about this is the absolute brilliance and simplicity. The hardest part of this is trusting it and then letting it happen… also in NY it’s being awake this early, but the logic at play is a thing of wonder.

You know the Old saying! Practice makes perfect! With any trading system that is!

I have watched one of his longer video’s dont know which one, but it was over two hours, aside from seemingly being angry most of the video the market information provided was accurate, his explanations of the market mechanics and how it moves were spot on, certainly he has quite a bit of experience, and regarding the demo/live issue well, some people change not from one to the other, while others go from demo to live and freeeeze up or do stupid **** suddenly and blow up account. I find myself that when I got from demo to live, its a little different as on demo I am trying stuff, playing, or trying to test or learn something, not make money, in the live account I am not there playing or just giving up dollars easily or foolishly. often something that works for one trader doesnt work for another because we are at different skill set level, trading is simple, but you just cant always be wanting to know entries and exits, it just isnt that simple, and I cation against taking any trade you have not seriously evaluated and analyzed, meaning, LT MT and ST whatever that is for you, his trading strategy is spot on and high probability, he does know a thing or two, as to if he can do it live remains to be seen, but if he cant that does not discount his keen insight into the market. I didnt hear him state one thing in 2.5 hours that was not accurate! I then skimmed through a slow calm video he did, it was almost boring compared to the other. and after all these years I am not a baby anymore I’m all grown up! I wasn’t even a baby when I started here 8+ years ago. I traded for a long time before even getting online and talking about it.

Wow, I guess I need to go back and watch the whole video :slight_smile:

SORRY DUDE! quite frankly I am not sure why no one believes the ICT guy #DOH I dont know him, I joined here what 4 years before him? ANyways not really sure why he gets a bad rap, well I know why :slight_smile: he speaks the truth about market mechanics and quite clearly it is OBVIOUS, so those who are jealous or ignorant attack him, how odd? NOT! pick one of his better videos where he is angry! :slight_smile: those have the most pearls! watch it 5 times and really listen and do whaT HE SAYS AND PAY ATTENTION. no kidding. if after 5 views and taking notes and trying to learn, if after that your trading does not improve, retire from trading as you will never get it and you are justing giving your money away. Think about it, When I started here 8 years ago I was not a baby trader, but honestly learning all the basic baby stuff is HOW you get there! I rate the ICT dude 5 stars and I only watched a couple of his videos on you tube.

watch it 5 times and post the link to it here so we know which one you will be telling us about, watch it 5 times if you have to, and like I said if he doesnt wise you up some and improve your trading, hang it up, he makes it obvious! so obvious that he may have some bankers not hunting his stops but his head.

I watched his whole series of videos. Like many others I have watched. He does have some good information, very helpful. But I have to say, no it is not the holly grail. But there is some useful information there. In trading every thing you learn is important. It is finding what works for you that is important. I have found that markets are different. Futures are different than Forex, Forex is different than Stocks etc…The technical’s are the same but the fundamentals may change the dynamics of the market. My 2 cents worth and that’s about all I have is 2 cents.

I see there’s no longer a link on his site to his myfxbook

Just a bit of a rehash on what I remember of his videos. There were a few points I hadn’t looked at myself. But he used the higher time frames for structure (time). He used support and resistance, fibs, fractals, mean reversion which is just measuring distance from one level to another. The one thing I got from the videos, which I already knew, but hadn’t paid attention to was the daily separation lines for structure. It was also helpful because when going to the lower time frame, 5 minute or less and looking at the start of the day 12 midnight + time zone, Asian, New York or London and the ending time of day and using the Wyckoff analogy of supply and demand has been very helpful. I have used that quite a bit. So in that respect for a beginner the videos are helpful, I haven’t got much out of fractals yet, I may try that later. Seems there is always something new to learn in trading. Larry Williams (if I remember his name correctly.) swears by them. He trades futures. He doesn’t advocate Forex.

I didn’t know he had a myfxbook account. It would’ve been interesting to look at. But IIRC, the guy’s blown up quite a few times already.