Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

Maybe I’m tired… but stick to the trading :stuck_out_tongue:

Well done with the results though on a serious note.

Pivot Calculation, witch time reference to be use

Hello

Question for Pivot Expert.

Pivot is calculated using the High / low / close of a day. My interrogation is: What day reference is to be use?

I’m in Montreal, Canada with New-York time
Is a day is
A) Start at the end of a New-York session
B) Start at 0 GMT, beginning of Asia session
C) start at New-York open

As each day start / end at a different time, High / Low / Close would then be different.

Witch is more relevant?

Martin

This is going to be covered in tomorrow’s live Webinar

:57:

Even am lost here. The COTS report showed net shorts at extremes last week. So i anticipated a down bias. So what made ICT take a long , I mean the reasons for it , even I cannot fathom , though in hindsight all I can say is that there was a double bottom on m15 on 9th and 10th Oct , just below big figure of 1.6000 at 1.5975.

But is that enough to overlook the COTS report ? ICT please help out here.

Yes, I too am still somewhat perplexed over the current bias, although did pull in about 26 pips short (12990) on the Fiber on Friday before the weeks close off.

Would have been about 50 pips if I had followed my ‘rules’ and exited before LC. Lesson ‘learned’!

Thank u i was using pepperstone cause it has tight spreads … i’ll try Forex.Ltd

Thanks, yes i just discovered it … so i should read those threads first … ok … i’ll do … thnx for advice

Just because the cot report is net short that does not mean bias should be short. It is only suggesting a change in market structure is coming soon. Wait for price to confirm this. Also what is Open interest saying? Was there an increase in open interest? Remember the COT report is the weekly chart so even if it is off by a little thats a few weeks till you may see the effects in the charts.

I had put a query about OI. In his TDPS video ICT ( the 4th one , minute 8.30 ) had mentioned OI differently , but my doubt is that should we not be seeing OI in relation to PA ? meaning OI up and price up = fresh longs , OI up but price down = fresh shorts , and so on.

So I really dont look into it for now , until i get my doubt clarified.

thanks

Weekly analysis for this weeks trading (1H charts, as I use them for getting entry, but most analysis performed using Monthly/Weekly/Daily/4H).

Weekly Pivots are listed too, I found that info in the newest Trading Plan Development Series video (Part 4). This was a big help too, as I was never use what pivots I should be using at each level!

EUR/USD

Nice price action from last week, bouncing off the predetermined levels quite impressively.

I’ll be watching the OTE sweet spot levels from the latest price swing (not marked on the chart as its busy enough as it is)

Those levels coming in around:

62% - 1.2980
OTE - 1.30
79% - 1.3020

This would also take out the old highs before making a move lower.

I’ll also be watching the 1.3060 level should we make it up there. This comes in around the OTE level on the weekly range swing.

We’ve tested it already, and got a nice bounce off it as expected.

Support wise should we head that way first:

1.2930 for weekly 62% retracement.
1.2830 old high from back in May, lots of price action around this level indicating its importance.

1.29 also an important level to keep an eye on too.

I suspect a push higher, to possibly retest the 1.3060 level, but if we get some good price action around the sweet spot levels above, I’ll probably look to get short.

Also, another reason for getting long on last Wednesday/Thursday was something I’d forgotten about: that was the high or low for the week forms on a Tuesday or Wednesday :slight_smile:

GBP/USD

Yet again, another nice bounce off a predetermined level 1.60 (50% level on the weekly TF swing high-low), also corresponding to the S2 level (within the 15 confluence ICT talks about).

Low formed on the Tuesday and then retested alot around that 1.60 level then climbed back up.

Support Levels:

1.60 - Weekly 50%
1.5980 - Last weeks low + institutional level

Resistance Levels:

1.6080 - Old low from last week + we’re hovering around this level currently, just slightly below it.
1.6150 - OTE from this current range we’re working in (high from 2 fridays ago -> last weeks low) + coming in around last weeks pivot.

Id be looking to get short from this 1.6150 level should price make it up there.

Overall:

GBP/USD + EUR/USD definitely quite bearish, HOWEVER, EUR/USD making higher lows on the daily while GBP/USD makes lower lows. Could be in for some push higher on the GBP/USD.

Also, if we are to get lower, we’ll have to make a run higher initially to get us up to some key levels.

So overall, on both pairs I’d be looking to get some longs in to take us up to one of those key resistance levels marked on each chart before getting short again.

My broker doesn’t list USDX (I use some free online USDX charts) so I dont have any chart images for that, but take a look at some of ICTs vids from last week for some important levels.

PS, looking forward to tonights webinar, but I wont be there to see it live (wrong time zone :24: )

By all means if people want it in pdf format, I can send along if you just message me. I’d also appreciate any recommended edits.

EJ

Very Good explanation of Price Action in the webinar today…Thanks Michael…

Great presentation, Michael. Every time I listen to you, I learn something new.
Thank you so much.

What I picked up from the Webinar Today…Hopefully this is a correct understanding…

[B]AUD/USD Market Structure…[/B]

• We had on Oct. 8th price bouncing off a Key Support Level 1.0150 and also breaking Short-Term Market Structure to the upside (marked with light blue).

• We get a pull back into OTE on Oct 9th which we can get long on the 1.0180 level, holding for price to trip stop orders around the 1.0280 area.

• In the mean time price has broken Intermediate-Term and Long-Term Market Structure to the upside of course turning it Bullish. We are currently in a Bullish Market Structure on the three time-frames since Oct. 11th.

• Now we are currently seeing price make a retracement back into a Bigger OTE.

• We have Bullish SMT between AUD/USD & NZD/USD (marked with green trend-line).

• If you use your Fib on Friday’s low and Sunday’s High, you get a Reflection Pattern into the 1.0200 Level converging with Old Lows, Fib Levels, and Daily Pivot S1.

• I placed my Limit Buy Order at 1.0202 and the low came in at 1.02015 which didn’t trip my Order. Now I should get a second stab at this if I wait for another pull back from Today’s Low to Recent High that forms, which at this point the Sweet Spot is coming in at 1.02085…

• If you pull your Fib from Oct. 5th’s High to Oct. 8th’s Low you will get a Projection of 1.0400 for the 200% Level and 1.0520 for the 400% Level. Nice area’s to watch for profit potential and also area’s to watch for Shorting opportunities.

My Limit Buy Order has been entered at 1.0210, Now lets see if this does pan out to be a nice trade for the week…

GLGT!!!

Same thing as my previous post is happening between the Cable and Fiber pairs…

We should see price hitting OTE Sweet Spot at 1.6032 for a Long. Fiber is making a lower low while Cable is unwilling to go lower.

Also USDX is going higher while Cable is struggling to go Lower.

The premise behind this trading was the bounce off 1.6000 Level and now Market Structure is Bullish on 4HR & 1HR.

Yeah it’s at 1.0180…I figured if it gets tagged I will reenter Long once more since this is the 79% level of the current Range up from 1.0150…

I am half temped to get out of the trade while I can and wait for London Open…

Was the presentation recorded ?

Yes, and I believe Chris Lori will have it posted on his FREE Members Area…

10 pips profit…I exited this trade…I just have a feeling it’s going to reach lower into the 1.0190 area…

Best to wait for London Open KillZone…

How do you determine if a price swing has been fulfilled? Been thinking around this for awhile and it would help me determine where/how to better pull my fibs.
has this first swing been fullfilled? and that top support line moot now? or can i still use it?

OR should i be using this swing?

10 pips are better than none. Congrats piphanger! We all want to see you succeed