Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

Ahh, I didn’t see the part about a 12 pip SL

Neither did I, I was just thinking, it’s feasible within a sensible trading plan.

Here is a cleaned-up copy of the ICT Kill Zone Table. The yellow highlighting has been removed. No other changes have been made to the Table as previously posted. This Table will remain current through March 8, 2013.

Notes:

1. If you happen to be in one of the 7 time zones listed in the left-hand column, you can read the 4 Kill Zone times directly from this table. The times shown are current in your time zone.

2. If your time zone is not listed in the left-hand column, start with the time zone closest to yours, and add or subtract the appropriate number of hours to the Kill Zone times shown.

Examples:

• if you are in any city in India, subtract 2½ hours from all the times on the line labeled “SINGAPORE time”.

• if you are in any city in Greece, add 1 hour to the times shown on the line labeled “ZURICH time”.

• if you are in Dallas or Chicago, subtract 1 hour from the times on the line labeled “NEW YORK time”.

• if you are in Los Angeles or Vancouver, subtract 3 hours from the times on the line labeled “NEW YORK time”.

3. The Kill Zone periods shown in this table are minimum periods. They can be expanded at your discretion.

For example, you might choose to expand the London Open Kill Zone by 1 hour, by starting a half hour earlier and ending a half hour later than the times shown in the table.

4. For additional time-zone and time-change information, see http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/47460-forex-trading-sessions-september-2012-april-2013-a-2.html#post420104

Quick review on today’s levels, note that soon as it cleared the 20 level, it went to 55 (50 level), then down to 25, then where does the FOMC send it? 80 level exact!

hi mostwantedpip,

'll add a bit to the already excellent advice by PPF, because one of the difficult issues in trading comes from the sort of people that become attracted to the markets. the kind that is strong-willed and independent and assertive and most of all willing. If you are like that, you’ll recognize we want to go places, to prove right, to make money, we want the market to do something. But in the end, the market rules and we must abide.

so 'm going to suggest that for a while you do not trade, yet look at the screens not wanting anything from it. Just watch and watch and notice what goes on, and you’re free to simply watch and register, inside your mind, how the market moves. it’s really inside of it. You may notice as you do that certain things begin to appear, inside the charts you may have never seen before. The patterns that you choose to notice will likely become the structure that you will be trading, with the tools and techniques we learn from this thread.

imagine not having to be right about anything. it could be the most relaxing trading period in a while :slight_smile:

same trades in a row, that was cool :slight_smile:

AH mate thank you so much for replying, i really appropriate all replies. The chart is only small is there possibility you could post a full sized chart. Thank you

You seem to be on to something mate. I really like how you focus on one aspect until you get it spot on… Great character quality… :wink:

No prob, when I get back to my desk I’ll make it bigger. But only if you make your own and post so I can learn from you.

Holy cow! Does that PA look like a stop run or what? With that retracement are we going to even see 1.2820? C’mon banks, I got some limit orders waiting for you!!!

IbePippin
Thank you so much for advice.I can see you talking from pure wisdom. I was demo trading prior to funding a live account. But I am such that if i dont have money on the table i lose interest very quickly.I think i can, NO i know i can be disciplined when i know what it is that i should look out for prior to placing a trade( I have a feeling that this will come with time spending countless hours starring at charts and one way i will do that is by reducing my lot size to min allowed Need to learn to lose money as well. After all we all have then as markets are a wild beast. PPX has give me a clear nice idea and i will do it for 30 days to start with without fail and post my results . I think it will be a good exercise me. THank you

No problem Sir, not much to learn from me:8:. But here are 3 charts 2 are Fibre one is cable. With Key Higher time

frame S/R

Fantastic PPX… I posted some charts. If you have some spare time please take a look. I take it that i will be trading from this level. So when the price reaches this levels i wait for the price to hit them and then counter trade or wait for price to reverse, then pull back in to ote and enter? Or perhaps limit reverse order when price reaches the levels? Sorry for more questions. Thank you

I’m with you, man. No one got good at basketball by watching it on TV.

Hopefully this is big enough. It’s a 30 min so some detail is lost but you can look at it - week of Oct 22 2012. We were off a Gartley 222 pattern and bond yield divergence and at OTE in the higher TF so our bias is down Sunday night while writing our weekly analysis.

Green boxes Asia, red boxes are London, blue is NY (GO METS!).

Banks need to induce buying so they run up Monday to get street money long. Now there is enough demand that they can sell into it for a nice drop. If bias is down, Monday is up. The banks have to run the stops. Don’t worry about it, it has to happen. Monday needs it’s own daily stop run and another weekly stop run. Monday has a stop run down to the weekly pivot point in pink and weekly open in white (very close to each other for nice confluence). Day moves up as expected. Street money gets long (the weekly stop run). A London close trade is great on Monday this week (also Wednesday which we’ll explain).

Tuesday morning Asia ranges because they are scared of new H/L. Since monday was up we are expecting Tuesday to be down and we want in on Tuesday morning to get the weeks range. The drop off before London open is Frankfurt. PA hits the WPP and Wopen for a bounce offering us an in. The 5m chart gives us an OTE. My entry rules are “let the market show intention and get in at an OTE.” 5m chart shows both things. Trading plan says TP at 30 and leave some in since we are now in a sell program.

Wed has 2 great entries, one at open ( a turtle soup on the 5 min) and one after NY open when PA goes back to London open OTE. The London open turtle was only 4 pips past Asia’s range, pretty cool. Wed, London traded right to it’s ADR and a 20 level 1.2920 (also a 382 fib visible on a daily chart and a newly formed channel line) so they TP getting PA up to OTE and an 80 (1.2980) making for a nice London close trade. To me, the London close is great if you are trading in the direction of the overall trend meaning the price had to be moving counter trend up to that point. That’s what happened Wednesday. I hesitate to take a London close trade unless it has this condition and you always want your stops protected by some meaningful S/R. This is why I love to see Asia trade right into a S/R as it lets London run stops pretty easily and predictably and often mean they don’t even have to run stops. London close trade was worth about 30 pips here.

Thursday has another turtle soup and the WPP just a few pips above Asia’s range. Plus it was another reason to leave some in for the bigger trend.

Friday has an OTE from Asia’s range and another near London close but we’re out at that point.

Everything here is in ICT videos except the Gartley 222 pattern, which I look for and trust on higher TF’s (along with his other patterns). And watching the banks day to day this way is how you learn what they are thinking.

If I had traded exactly like my plan allows with no deviation, this week would have been worth a very safe several hundred pips, plus the ability to scale in to the longer trend. But how many traders lost their shirts picking tops and bottoms and getting in willy nilly only to see themselves stopped out and then the PA goes their way?!

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I’m taking about! But that’s how I interpret what I’ve learned and that’s the kind of screen shots that I post in my trading binder.

That’s exactly the idea, hooray a proper learner.

Then don’t try and trade between those lines, and look at what is happening at those lines, don’t just trade them because the price gets near them, you need to also wait for the right patterns i.e. market profile.

To a newbie these areas might look quite far a apart, and you might think there must be a way of making profit’s in between and you get slow days when the market might only range within 40 PIPS maybe and nothing is really that clear, and you think if only I was a better trader then I could make some money - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The best traders will stay out and wait for another day, ask yourself, do you really want to be in an unclear trade in the middle between an S/R level where the price might go either way, and you are in a loosing trade that doesn’t pan out for hours, and then you think it’s going down, then it goes up, then you get all confused and you’ve lost 3 or 4 trades, at least if you just stick to the major S/R levels you will get fewer loosing trades if you are getting it wrong and you’re loosers will be quicker and less painful.

This is how easy you can make it for yourself, all I’ve done here really is highlighted the 20/ 00 / 80 levels.

Hi PPF - I think your point about [B]not [/B]trading between key levels whether they be 00’s, 20/50/80’s or key HTF S/R’s is absolutely critical in my experience - the best bit of advice any newcomer to this game should take on board.

Learning to sit and wait is killer trading plan!

I have three words on my desk in clear view at all times - [B]Discipline, Patience & Courage[/B]. They guide everything I do.

EDIT

To help clarify an immediate example:

I had my EU chart marked up this morning with my R1 noted at 12756 - yesterdays high excluding the FOMC spike from yesterday evening (GMT time that is). Price ran up just now to hit this level and has turned down for 10 pips for a quick scalp. Now I’m not suggesting you trade for scalps such as this but it does show how price reacts to known levels even if its eventually going higher (or lower?).

Yes you can do that, as long as you are aware that it ‘will’ eventually go up, buy pattern on 15m.

Vinster - here you go, explanation of StochRSI etc.

Stochastic RSI

we are entering a possible stinger area in cable… Ill zoom in and see how price behaves around wS2

I am holding back to enter the possible cable bull stinger
as I believe there is also a bear stinger on fiber…

I always struggle if the two sisters are out of sync that much… better conserve than jump in…

Following on from the sage advice from others above, if it helps anyone, here is my summary trade check list:

1 Mark up key S/R’s (HTF’s and intraday on lower time frames)
2 check Mrkt structure
3 Check Mkt flow
4 Check fractal formation (mainly for Power of three opportunities)
5 Add Fibs to HTF’s and the range we are currently trading
6 Add Pivots
7 Check for news events
8 Mark up OTE’s and check against USDx key S/R’s
9 For entries look for OTE’s/Turtle soups/Reflections/Grails in direction of your bias
10 Trade in KZ’s only

There is a fair bit more detail in each of these points following ICT’s training but it works for me as quick check list.

Hey Fred as I struggle with Stingers and Type 2 Div any chance you could post an image?