Inside Bar Momentum Strategy

Hi,

Anyone plan on testing or has tested Robopip’s “Inside Bar Momentum” strategy ?(New Forex System: Inside Bar Momentum Strategy - BabyPips.com)

How has it been performing for you ?

HI @MrGoat,

Nice question, I have been a steady follower of @Robobips posts, and find a lot of merit in the strategy you’re taking a look at. I have backtested it on my broker data and I did get quite different results.

I still plan in working on it in the near future. But you really won’t have any answer as good as the one you find out for yourself. Backtesting the strategy won’t take you too long (you have to do this on your broker data as price feeds have a high tendency of impacting eventual results of such strategies as this one).

If you like what you see, then you can forward test it some more. In the end you will have a more definite answer for yourself than what anyone else here will be able to offer you.

Hope that helps? :slight_smile:

I am using this mechanical IB strategy for the last 3 weeks in D1 charts in demo trading in all 28 currency pairs. Results are excellent. Do you know of any EA for this strategy so that we can back test the strategy for several years?

Didn’t get a chance to do so but have been hearing about it a lot. Was planning to ask the same question on this forum but glad to have come across this thread. Will definitely try it and hopefully what macilme suggested works. Let’s see how it goes.

Haven’t tried it yet but will do so now. I guess this is the best part of this forum. Getting to know new things and the never ending learning process. Thanks for sharing though.

I am interested in hearing from people who are running an inside bar strategy, either in production or practice accounts. What has your experience been with the strategy? Do you follow Robopip’s method exactly, or have you made changes?

I have tried testing the strategy in demo but don’t get the same results as Robopip as the 4H chart with my broker generates different candles.

If the results shown week in week out by Robopip are accurate there is no need to back test extensively since he produces the evidence for all to see!

The key is getting the same 4H candles that he/she gets. Does anyone know the data feed / broker he is using for the charts?