Inside Bar Strategy

My name is Paul Ika. [Removed for Forums policy violation] I am using Baby Pips Mechanical IB strategy with all 28 currency pairs in D1 charts. In the last 3 weeks of demo trading, I had 16 wins, 6 SLs, 5 BEs, and 3 partial profits (because they formed new IBs and I had to exit the trade in the middle). I have been using 40% SL. Do you think I should use 20% or 40% stop loss for all 28 currency pairs?

Hi Paulika,

40% of what?

40% of his account apparently, he hasn’t been back :joy:

It’s been a while since we’ve seen paulika — their last post was 7 years ago.

1 Like

That is what’s assumed. 40% of his account on 28 pairs…doesn’t leave you with too many trade options.

But hey, if those first few trades were successful then perhaps now he’s living the dream on a tropical island somewhere, laughing at all of us!

1 Like

Hey folks, I am right here. This is Paul Ika.
Sorry, I was away for a few days.
But I should say I am getting good results with this mechanical IB system of Baby Pips.
I do all 28 pairs with this system in D1 charts, risking only 0.5% of my acct balance on each trade.
Rules given in baby pips instructions are as following:
You enter the trade in mother bar (MB) direction (if MB is a bull bar, then you enter a long trade, and vice versa).
SL is 40% of the range of MB.
TP is 80% of the range of MB.
The instructions are clearly written in the the system description on this site under trading systems. I refer you to those instuctions.
When Baby Pips first came up with this system they said to use 20% of the range of MB as SL. Then after some time, they changed it to 40% of the range of MB.

You enter the trade 10% above the range of the MB, for a long trade and vice versa.
With this system, my acct is up 9% in the last 4 weeks.

My question is, if you are doing this system, are you using 40% or 20% SL?

This is unrelated to your post and im sorry but for the past week ive been trying to use this strategy on the 4H charts and I cant seem to get results, do you think I should change from the 4H to the Daily?

There seems like some disparity with this post and there isn’t enough information here. If you can provide some details about what exactly you need help with would be better.

It looks like a great strategy. But still, I won’t suggest risking your money. First, test it and do share some details about it here. Good luck to you.

I don’t think I can trade 28 pairs at once, but it is good to know that you’re moving ahead with this.

28 pairs at once is too much risk

am i right?

Need more details such as time frame, I don’t see 28 pairs all having an Inside Day altogether for example.

There is a huge difference between watching 28 pairs, and actually have 28 positions.