Interaction on Purchasing Managers Index and Retail Sales FX market

This thread will focus on analyzing one of the fundamental aspect of FX market - PMI

Thanks for this idea. It is a market metric that doesn’t get much attention. I actually never even look at it.

I do notice that US PMI is due out today. The index has been falling from 52.6 in November to just 36.1 for April, no doubt due to the coronavirus emergency, but is forecast for today to come in at 38. It will be really interesting to see if this actually does make a low for the episode and what impact it has this time round.

That’s a great insight. Notwithstanding ,I think it should form part of our FX decision making process ; quality fx decision is a mix of several factors.

The market includes many nuances that require detailed study. And beginners can find it extremely difficult to deal with them well. It’s cool that experienced traders are already better acquainted with this topic and can give valuable recommendations to their colleagues. This is what attracts me the most in forums, where you can always get useful information or help someone.

1 Like