[Intraday] Suggest me best time frame to draw resistance & support lines

Hi guys, I’m newbie and started trading on stock market and I am using 1 minute, 5 minute & 15 minute time frame. The problem is which time frame should I use for draw the support and resistance line.
Please tell me thanks in advance

Daily is the best for you right now

4 Likes

Thanks bro

It’s best to use higher time frames. They provide more reliable levels. You can then use the 1 and 5-minute charts for fine-tuning your entries and exits. Good luck!

1 Like

4 hour time frame any day of the week.

For day trading, I’ve found that 5-minute or 15-minute charts are great for spotting support and resistance levels. They show you the action within the day and help you pinpoint key levels. I also check the 1-hour chart for some extra context. This combo works well for me!

Whatever time-frame is your main reference on the price chart, do not lose sight of the daily. Especially D1 high, low and close (ignore the open).

Also I see traders printing up 1-minute and 5-minute charts but they have so many candles showing that they individually mean nothing - the chart becomes basically a line chart with a very very thick line. Which is ok but this is a misuse of a candlestick chart’s capabilities.

1 Like

It’s always better to draw support and resistance lines on big time frames like D1, weekly or monthly timeframes.

2 Likes

Do you drawn your support and resistance level on a candlestick chart or line chart?

I am searching for the perfect way of drawing support and resistance line.

Why did you choose 4hrs sir?

I know you’re mostly asking Greg and not me. But I’ll risk chipping in with a couple of little comments anyway.

Most of the time it’s not very important, but generally candles/bars are a little bit more accurate for this than a line-chart because they show the highs/lows but a line-chart is constructed only from the closes.

The highs/lows demonstrate “price-rejection” and that’s just another way of saying “support and resistance”.

What is important is to understand that levels of support and resistance are always approximate anyway. They’re more like “bands a few pips wide” rather than “precise levels”. It’s therefore not worth stressing too much about how precisely you do it. It isn’t precise anyway. But overall bars/candles are probably better than line-charts. I think almost all very experienced traders would agree with this. :wink:

4 Likes

I really appreciate :pray:

2 Likes

Excellent answer :100:

2 Likes

This can be a great way to determine your directional bias while intraday trading.

1 Like

Higher Timeframe such as Daily is the best since it will give u insight into the directional bias of the market condition. Then also the 4hr and 1hr are perfect for entries and stop-losses.

1 Like