Introduce myself

Hi, my name is Simon Franklin and I am from Nigeria, sometimes last year I come across the word forex while I was surfing the internet, though I have been hearing about it before then but thought it was exclusively reserved for bankers and the big fishes in the society, so I decided to know more about it. I began to ask questions which led me to joining some Facebook and whatsapp groups, which the admins promised to teach us about it for some prices that ranged from $50-$250. I thought it was too high so I didn’t bother to pay, luckily, as I thought it was, some dude came around said he was going to teach us for free(it was through this group I got the link to this website) we scheduled time and he kept to his promise and taught us to some stage before he started talking of us opening account so he could help us manage it to maximize profits which would also share 50/50 at the end of each withdrawal. It didn’t go well with me because I thought he was trying to scam us, so I thought I had known it all, I funded my account $100 and closed trade with $20 profit that day but the trouble started when I traded gold and it blew my account. To count the story short, I have lost so much trading forex with half baked knowledge, this year alone I have lost close to $500 and we are just 15 days into the year, so I decided to come back to the root and start the learning process afresh.
Please I call on good hearted traders to come to my aid and help me learn and grow. I have the vision of making money from trading forex and use the profit to better my life, that of my family and the less privilege, thanks.

Welcome Simon! Hope you find what you’re looking for here.

1 Like

Simon, education is the first step. It will prevent you from blowing another account. Dont make the same mistakes twice. Start here. It included the babypips course and a few basic free links to start with. Maybe one day you too will become a full time trader. Best of luck.

1 Like

hi and welcome to baby pips forum , hope you already got the answer by tradeForex077. by the way , besides doing any educational course , practice also must. remember it.

2 Likes

education is the first step , yes it is . no way to avoid it. but more important is keep practicing, because without it trading can be useless at any times.

2 Likes

micro account is better for practicing , its very supportive to acquire live knowledge and experience.

1 Like

I’m not sure it’s more important. It’s no use practising what you dont know. You’ll keep blowing accounts, getting frustrated and give up. Understand what you are doing and why first.

1 Like

which is more important , it depends on your trading conditions. so grow your confident and trade freely.

I am Hansen Edgar. I have a little to wide experience in trade

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your blown account. It’s not too late to start again. Like what they’ve said, spend your time with the School here. Hopefully, it will help you understand forex trading better. Good luck!

sounds really goods that you have a wide range of experience. hope it will support the traders who are particularly newcomers.