Introducing myself as a new member

Hello you’ll I am Kaloso Maurice Damane from Matatiele, South Africa… It’s nice to meet you all!!

1 Like

Hey I’m Bonnie, I’m new here & super excited to learn… so that excitement doesn’t run out feel free to hmu so we can study & ask questions together💕

When you begin to trade FX keep calm cool and collected. Emotional excitement is a recipe for failure.

1 Like

🥲don’t suck the fun out of it.

Hi and welcome. Keep in mind that forex is a business and needs to be treated as such to get anywhere.

2 Likes

You can get excited! Don’t change your psychology - all u have to do is find a trading style that suits it! Somewhere in between buy&hold for 40 years and trading 1 minute charts, there should be a happy medium between excitement and bordom!

1 Like

thanks for saying that😌; what’s your go to strategy?

1 Like

yea I completely understand but “babypip” which is a website for learning isn’t… so I’m free to express what I feel.

I mainly just use price-action (support and resistance lines and trends on the charts). I try to use wide stops otherwise I get stopped out all the time and always trade in the same direction as the market trend cos it always goes on for longer than you think it will. I sometimes force myself to stop looking at the screen for a few hours so I can milk a trend rather than taking profits (psychology again!) I only use money I could afford to loose and I used demo-trading till I stopped losing money. I never try to predict what’s going to happen if big news story / economic announcement about to take place - I’m not smart enough. I tend to stay out of trades then. That’s basically it!

Yes of course but too many come into trading thinking it’s fun and games. And if you enjoy the process it is but it’s also a business and one that is wrecking too many unprepared people. That’s the reality of it and the stats support that. That’s not to say you can’t enjoy your “job”.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to the forum. This is a good place to learn and interact with fellow traders. The learning phase can be tough but always remember to enjoy the process and eventually you will get the desired result. Wishing you a wonderful journey ahead.

Hey Kaloso, nice to meet you too! Focus on the learning part when you start. Profits come later and you better don’t expect them from the beginning.

Hello Kaloso! Welcome to the market. Tell us more about yourself. Are you a beginner trader, or have been trading forex for some time now?

Hey, welcome to the community! This is a great forum to get in touch with senior traders and discuss your trading issues.

How’s the trading going?

Hello there! Welcome newbie, how is your journey so far? Any doubts? Ask away! We’re here to help.