Introducing myself

Hi everyone,

I usually trade crypto but a few months ago I started trading forex on the side as well.

Unfortunately, the techniques that have been successful with crypto have not led to the same success with forex for me.

That’s why I’m here. I want to learn more about forex trading and share my experiences with the community.

Thanks for welcoming me.

1 Like

Hello and welcome!
I had kind of the opposite experience - started with forex, then moved on to crypto trading and had a bit of a hard time getting into it. Glad to see that you’re sticking around to continue learning more about it.

2 Likes

Which techniques were you using with crypto? Could be a good starting point to discuss.

1 Like

Hello and welcome! I hope you’re enjoying your stay here. Good luck with your trading journey and looking forward to hear more from you!

1 Like

Hey guys, I have also started to earn a decent income with crypto trading. Reading how you have been doing at it would help me maximise my returns.

I’m using chart patterns and candle stick patterns most of the time in combinations with fib retracement sometimes. On Forex I also used the RSI but it didn’t worked out very well for me.

Most of the time I’m looking at local support levels from big to small timeframes and if there also is a pattern like a falling wedge for example which supports my analysis, I’m moving in.

Should I use other techniques on forex??

1 Like

The markets are your oyster. There is no holly grail. Best bet is to keep on tweaking, experimenting and back testing until you find something consistent.
Also consider the overall market conditions. You will need to put your coat on if it’s raining.

Sounds like I’m on the right way and just have to be patient until my strategy is consistent. Thanks for the answer.

I also see that things getting better by analyzing every single trade and what was the reason that it didn’t work.

Strategies that can work out well with the crypto market, isn’t necessary, will work out with the forex market. Both the markets work differently, with different assets, and different economic factors regulating the supply and demand force.
You are at the right place, babypips resources are very helpful for beginners.

Hey, we would love to know about your experiences. Keep sharing your posts and stay active to learn more.

Thanks and maybe you have some advice where I can start? :slight_smile:

I would like to know more about technical analysis especially which indicators work for Forex the best and where to find the newest fundamentals which influence Markets