Investment in Silver

Hi guys,

I would like to know whether there is a way for long term investment on silver in forex market.
I mean more than 5 years. I think swap and fees are going to kill the profit but anyways I’m not sure about it. I would appreciate it if you could tell me whether you have ever done this? Is this possible? will the swap and commission fees outweigh the profit if I keep the position open for too long?

Any help and ideas regarding silver purchase is appreciated.

1 Like

Hi, find a broker with Islamic account. Ask them how to open that kind of account and how long your transaction can be open. Regards Greg

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I already asked them about it and they said you can get that kind of swap free account for 14 days and after that the swap starts.
Since I am not thinking about short term investment on silver, I guess that would not be a good option for me.

There are many brokers, just ask others.

1 Like

OK I will. Thanks

Just curious, why would you like to buy and hold silver? Historically it has not performed too well compared to altarnative investments:

“Over the last 10 years, the value of silver actually decreased by about 20%, while stocks have risen about 250%. Over the last 5 years, silver prices have decreased even more, while stocks have moved up very nicely in the middle of the current bull market.”

“Since silver follows the principal of reversion to the mean over the long term, this will mean that if the price is up, it’s more likely that you will lose on the investment than not over time. In order to look to escape this fate, we’re going to need to manage our holding effectively, staying in while the going is still good and getting out when this turns the wrong way enough.”

These quotes are from Marketreview.com (Silver vs. Stocks).

1 Like

Looking at the charts I got a strong bullish signal for long term. Also I have been advised to invest in silver. I am curious how I can invest in it online where the spread is low and I can purchase and sell it at anytime I want.

As you’re interested in investing in a valuable metal, maybe investing in objects made of silver might be more dependable long-term, especially antiques?

1 Like

The market is all about speculation, and in order to speculate, you need to see something from your perspective.

Maybe they’ve seen something we haven’t.

1 Like

I will do it if I have no option in online investment. I want this investment to be liquid enough for me to be able to buy and sell at anytime I want. I also looked for some kind of cryptocurrency that is backed by silver. Like xautusdt that is backed by gold. But I couldn’t find a good option for me.
About the antiques I will have to bear the high spread and search for someone to purchase it from me at a good price.

1 Like

I use gold and silver as an insurance policy against armageddon, and have done for 30 years.

Take a look at Bullionvault, which may satisfy your needs. Their market trades 24x7. https://www.bullionvault.co.uk/

1 Like

Hi, thank you so much for your suggestions. This is actually a great idea, However, I talked to them and since I am from Iran they said we’re afraid our bank cannot currently receive funds from bank accounts in Iran. So basically this one is not possible for me since I am not a resident in other countries. :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi 21firestar, I am sad to hear that your current residence excludes you from “free world” investment choices. I hope the situation will change for you and your fellow countrymen. :pray:

1 Like

Thanks a lot :pray: :rose:

Hi firestarter,
why don’t you try some online banker?
In Europe we have Revolut for example in wich you can buy and sell gold, silver, platinum whenever you want.

1 Like

Hi @Gabbo98 thanks a lot for your suggestion. I checked the website. It doesn’t have an option for me. Since I live in Iran I cannot use it. :upside_down_face:

Silver is notorius for strange moves, and has “never” been s long term investment (for the geeks, I have not checked this, just read articles about it…). I have myself traded silver the last week or so, which has been great. As for analysis and where silver might go, check out https://www.silverpriceforecast.com/. All the best in your endeavour!

1 Like

Thanks @WeRideAtDawn :rose: