IronHeart's trading journal

[U][B]Month 1 statistics[/B][/U]

Month 1 Return - [B]14.89%[/B]

Trades - 15

Winning trades - 7 (46.66%)

Losing trades - 2 (13.33%)

Break even trades - (40%)

Average drawdown per trade - 0.9% (where 2% is the risk per trade)
Average drawdown per winning trade - 0.51% (where 2% is the risk per trade)

Hypothetical monthly return if closing trade at 1% drawdown - 9.41%

[U][B]Month 2 statistics[/B][/U]

Month 2 Return - [B]17.04%[/B]

Trades - 12

Winning trades - 9 (75.00%)

Losing trades - 3 (25.00%)

Break even trades - 0 (0%)

Average drawdown per trade - 0.81% (where 2% is the risk per trade)
Average drawdown per winning trade - 0.86% (where 2% is the risk per trade)

Hypothetical monthly return if closing trade at 1% drawdown - 7.06%

[U][B]Running statistics[/B][/U]

Total return to date - [B]34.47%[/B]

Trades - 27

Winning trades - 16 (59.3%)

Losing trades - 5 (18.5%)

Break even trades - 6 (22.2%)

Average drawdown per trade - 0.86% (where 2% is the risk per trade)
Average drawdown per winning trade - 0.79% (where 2% is the risk per trade)

Hypothetical monthly return if closing trade at 1% drawdown - 16.47%

1% drawdown non-loss rate - 66.7%

Ironheart
I just wanted to commend you on your thread. I am finding it truely inspirational that someone like yourself (and I also believe that pipbandit is in the same category), with relatively limited trading experience can create such great profits. I have learnt a lot from traders such as tymen and graviton, but it is almost more inspiring to know that someone whose experience is closer to mine can be successful. Well, - I have a lot to go before I even get to your level…but at least I am now feeling that it is attainable. Thanks. xxxxbabe

Hi xxxbabe, thanks for your kind words.

I’m glad my thread is of inspiration to people just like yourself!

Sometimes I have doubts about myself, about my trade and about almost anything else…

But when the trade opportunity arrives, I remember the promise I made to myself to see this through. I’m either going to lose 2% with this trade or make 2%+.
Through experience I’ve found that I shouldn’t ponder on my track record or guess if this trade is going to win or not. The idealised visualisation of price action in my head almost never plays out as I expect. So at that point, I just submit myself to the probability game and let the universe guide my winnings long or short.

So far, it seems to be working, so I’ll keep at it!

I look forward to reading your very own trading journal, which I’m sure will not be too long in the future!

Trade 28

EURUSD 21/09/2010 / 11:15 GMT

Counter trend - Short Trade

Here is the 4H time frame

As you can see here, PA enters a 4H squeeze, with the mid-BB going up reasonably steeply. I still want to enter this trade but would like to exit it at the outer-BB of the std=1.0 band.

15M chart

I enter when price closes below the CBL. My entry at is the blue line and SL is the red line.
This trade takes ages to go where I want to, but finally it gets there.

Trade Statistics

Risk = 21.5 pips
Reward = 13.5 pips
R/R = 0.63
Max profit available = 22 pips
Max R/R = 1.02
Trade Efficiency = 61.4%

End Result

+1.26%

[U][B]Week 9 Results[/B][/U]

I’ve really become lax with updating this journal…looks like week 9 ended early and week 10 has been yet another no trading week. I just have too many job interviews to prep for to actually trade.

The week ended with 1 positive trade.

By risking 2% per trade, the account has grown by…drumroll

[B]+1.26%[/B]

Total Account growth since inception

[B]+36.16%[/B]

[B][U]Update[/U][/B]

Hey guys and gals! Just wanted to give you an update on my journal so far.

I’ve been incredibly busy over the last couple weeks and unable to trade or backtest at all. I’m not sure how long this will continue but I look forward to updating this as soon as it is feasible for me to do so.

Happy trading to all!

Hi IronHeart

Can I ask you to write for me couple lines of code please if its not difficult for you?

I would need EA that monitors my open trades and closed a trade once it gets say (25-30) pips or a particular amount that I would set in the settings and then this EA would reopen same pair in the same direction/
please.

btw, have you found a job that was looking for?

thanks in advance

Hi RenaLa,

I would love to write this code for you, as I don’t think it’s very difficult to do, but am very short on time nowadays.

I probably shouldn’t make any promises that I won’t be able to fulfil over the short term.

The best I can do is let you know that it may take another 4 weeks before I can settle in with my ever-changing lifestyle in order to sit down and actually write some code.

I hope you can find someone to do this for you. If not, then I’ll try doing it within the next month.

[B][U]Update[/U][/B]

[B]Hi everyone[/B]

Firstly, I’d like to apologise for the lack of action on this thread.

It all started very promising and looked like it would get somewhere with enough effort and perseverance - perhaps it still will.

For the time being, though, my trading days are over and I can no longer trade on leveraged financial markets - reasons for which I will not go into.

I would like to ask admin to close this thread and thank everyone for their involvement.

I am particularly thankful for Graviton’s commitment to my development, amongst many others. I’m certain my future wealth will depend completely on the skills I learnt from people like yourself.

Good luck to all and happy trading.