Is 25% a month possible?

For the handful (if that…) of members following this thread, I have stalled out on Tuesday at $630.00… I haven’t had time to run it this week and the XAUUSD has looked dreadful to trade over the last few days when I have had some time to peruse this account… I will continue on next week…

In the mean time see @faridfx1987’s thread… a new member is trading a similar strategy on the EURJPY and getting similar results… My Kudos to him…

2 Likes

Hye @Trendswithbenefits, thanks bro for the introduction. I am flattered that u mentioned my name in your journal. But still, I am still a greenhorn compared to u bro. Will keep up to your reputation.

U r an idol =)

… $10 to $694 in 50 trading days… you can do the percentages…

Combining SW Strategy with rram2’s strategy by laying pending orders in front of price direction…. It steadily adds equity with mild DD…

GBPJPY is going up and down like a Yoyo……… noticed repeating patterns / movements in Price Action on this pair so it got a gig this week.…

$650 is now the new floor, anything above $650.00 is not my money… and the strategy being used is so, so, so simply applied…

Strategy:

Mix of SW Analysis and Hedge System (rram2) of the GBP against JPY… JPY is Strengthening… SELL, JPY is Weakening BUY…

Watch the 4 and 1 Hour, trade the 5 min…

N B’s… Once again check the times (UTC +11) and movements with your charts…

30-10-2018 AUD$518.00 to $694.00… in 9 trading days… 33+% in 9 days… at will…

0.05 micro lots, 1:1 RR on GBPJPY (~11 Pips TP / SL or Hedge)

1:400 leverage (~22.00 Margin per position)

Struggling to hold the 10% at this point…

1 Like

… $10 to $762 in 51 trading days… you can do the percentages…

Combining SW Strategy with rram2’s strategy by laying pending orders in front of price direction…. It steadily adds equity with mild DD…

GBPJPY is going up and down like a Yoyo……… repeating patterns / movements in Price Action on this pair so it got a another day in the office.… The weakness of GBP helped out today…
For those interested… actual Screen time - 2 Hours on the 31st

$750 is now the new floor, anything above $750.00 is not my money… and the strategy being used is so, so, so simply applied…

Strategy:

Mix of SW Analysis and Hedge System of the GBP against JPY… JPY is Strengthening… SELL, JPY is Weakening BUY…

Watch the 4 and 1 Hour, trade the 5 min…

N B’s… Once again check the times (UTC +11) and movements with your charts…

31-10-2018 AUD$694.00 to $762.00… in 1 trading day… 9+% in 1 day… at will…

0.05 micro lots, 1:1 RR on GBPJPY (~11 Pips TP / SL or Hedge)

1:400 leverage (~22.00 Margin per position)

Took a few days to regain focus… but onward and upward

Note: Some positions end with 14 pips, 12 pips etc etc… I try to add a pip or two to every close, so that after ~10 trades I have ~ 11 extra pips, Insurance on a losing trade, effectively a free swing…

1 Like

Just for sh1ts n gr1ns Unbelievers LOL I like that phrase. Well anyway, how about 60% in two days?
…Just pissin around.

Now to figure out how to smooth the curve… I’m not too crazy about a 10 to 12 percent drawdown. I think tighter rules can smooth that out some.

Yes very possible every month, doesn’t even have to be risky, you just have to be smart and patient.

Not even going to bother adding anything else.

10% gain for today, Done for the holidays, hit the ground runnin next week…

2 Likes

hells yes

keeping it at that level for your fiscal year

a continuing challenge

well said friend 25% profits seems feasible for a very short term but what matters in forex is consistency rather than one time high profits!

1 Like

If you want to be in this game for a long time, nothing beats consistency.

A final update to add to my previous posts. That account started at $3,000.00 in October, it is now at $11,500.00 So doubled twice in about a month.
However, this was not with foreign currency but with futures, but it shows what can be done…

1 Like

I’ve heard the power of compounding used by so many terrible get rich quick educators!

Month 1: $1,000 * 25% = $1,250
Month 2: $1,250 * 25% = $1,562.50
Month 3: $1,562.50 * 25% = $1,953

MAGIC! See, with 75% gain, you have practically doubled your money. I say bullshit and think this type of information has new trades focusing on simple maths and dreams of buying a Ferrari and not managing risk and a disciplined strategy.

Anyways, to the question i agree with the majority. Hell no! 25% a month consistently isn’t something anybody can do in the long run. Lots of people can go on a lucky streak, but a lucky streak does not make a full time trader.

2 Likes

5% a month would do me!

1 Like

Ok @Johnno2626 Yep, a lucky streak that ran consistently to a predefined schedule for 51 days…

FYI… this was only a simple experiment to show what could b done with micro funds at risk…$10…

Please… show us your trading prowess and point out where the risk was not managed and the strategy not disciplined in the demonstration in this thread??

Premature Speculation… Another try hard that doesn’t bother reading threads before posting…

$10 to $762 in 51 trading days… is slightly better than 75%… use a calculator next time…

1 Like

I agree with the statement.

Ok you won, the experiment has been accomplished. What’s next? Ready to take money into management?

Would you give us investors password so we can see it’s live and gains are real? Detailed trade data will show what is the variance of your returns and then everything will be clear what is the risk that was taken.

2 Likes

Having a bad day… @ontario?. this was done and dusted months ago…find somewhere else to play…

Must be real quiet out there… dredging up A 5 month old thread to bitch about…FFS

1 Like

Hey TWB, sorry if my questions are a bit silly, especially when everyone else here seems to get it…

You made it sound so simple, SW analysis, watch 4 & 1 hr chart, trade 5 minutes, RR 1:1; but what do you look for in a trigger for the entry, is it some kind or price actions / fibo level / supply & demand zone?

And regarding the SW analysis, I see that you are a big fan of Dennis’s SW analysis thread, but if i understand correctly, his ratings works more on the mid to long term and not necessarily suitable for short term trades which seems to be what you are trying to show here, mind sharing how are you analyzing the currency strengths?

Thanks!

do it in a day spread betting the dax

I have identified this as one of my problems… not taking profit. Not having a profit target and sticking to it.

So often I would know I’m in the green, keep the trade on and then ride it into the red. Doing an analysis of my demo trades that I had held for weeks found that I could have exited far earlier with more profit.

My entries have improved, So setting and sticking to my profit target is the next key thing I have to make reflex.

KC

1 Like