Is 25% a month possible?

I’m using MT5.

Is that heatmap reliable for other pairs?

@Mordengaard, I don’t use a heatmap… You have to find a Currency Meter that adjusts to the timeframe it’s used in… I don’t know of any for MT5 only MT4… Have a look here… (~150 downloads)

I don’t use MetaTrader… I have posted those links for traders that do… I use a CSM that I developed for Ctrader. The EasyIndicators App. (Bottom) does not need a charting package to signal…

1 Like

Oh, I see, thank you. I will check them out.

Which one do you specifically use on which platform?

Just to prove it’s not luck… $10 to $108 in 12 trading days… you can do the percentages…

Strategy:

SW Analysis of the USD against Gold… USD is Strengthening… SELL, USD is Weakening BUY…

Watch the 4 and 1 Hour, trade the 5 min… So simple…

Non Believers… Once again check the times (UTC +10) and movements with your charts…

AUD$50.00 to $108.00… in 5 trading days… 116% in 5 days… pissing around… at will…

Mix of 0.01/ 0.05 micro lots, 1:1 RR on XAUUSD (~100 Pips TP / SL)

1:400 leverage (~$2.30 / $20.55 Margin per position)

That’s excellent, but genuine question: have you done this with larger numbers involved? I am wondering whether psychology would kick in, whether if that had been $1000 trying to get to $10,800, would hesitation have been the biggest reason that this might not work in the same way? Risking $10 is a bit like demo trading - easy to be brave and decisive!

I’m not querying the underlying point at all, simply positing that perhaps the reason most traders don’t make 25% (or anywhere near that) month in, month out, is that they’re trying to make bigger cash numbers and let the emotion get on top of them, rather than that they have an approach which could not theoretically deliver it.

ST

1 Like

Absolutely, It’s something I pointed out in an earlier post. As the balance grows the percentage gains will decrease exponentially, as will the exposure (%) to each position… If I have the time, I will attempt to continue to apply this method using more frequent 0.05 positions up to $250 at which point I will increase the lot size to 0.1… and so on and so on and so on… And as you correctly point out, my true risk is… well, $10…

Will psychology kick in?.. for now… $100 is now the new floor, anything above $100.00 is not my money… and the strategy being used is so, so, so simply applied…

Growing $10,800 at 10% per month is still an outstanding result… and reasonably easily done…

Hey T, my opinion, and remember it’s just my opinion, nope, and let me think about it a bit mooooooooore annnnnnnd nope. Now if you have a Certified Account and Blotter, well that I would believe, in fact I would stop trading tell my clients to sign up with you and I would do the same, Scuba in the Summer, and Tobogganing in the winter it would be YUUUUUUUUUUUge.

The Ever Not Believing Nothin VIPER

There is a broker that lets you trade gold on a 10 dollar account with that much leverage? :dizzy_face:

TWB - it’s not luck, we miss the simple with all the complex, good stuff for keeping it simple.

For guys learning, the correlation re USD and Gold comes from the old times.

Most learners are used to charts so this past week:

First USD:

USDX_thisweek

Then check XAU/USD:

Take that one step further - look at this week on Eur/Usd.

Even one step more, take a cross in the news on the last day of the week, today - Eur/Gbp

Is it possible to see that in FX there is only one market?

Hey @TalonD, For the exercise, I just opened a $200 account (Min) on IC Markets (Aust) and withdrew $190… Bazinga $10.00 account… IC leverage available up to 1:500

I have quite a few accounts with them, so they don’t seem to block this tactic…

Hey @peterma, Totally agree… and the XAUUSD gives you volatility and retraces frequently to wenst it came from (ie: Mon-Fri) making it easier to estimate your trades… I knew all week it was coming back, just wasn’t sure when, hence you see all those pending orders triggered and filled on the spike down yesterday.

And it gives big pips… well over 2000 for the week, which in reality has the value of 200 in the currency crosses…

1 Like

Well…5.0% in about 2 weeks/this month…

With more trades being targeted that average 3% to 4% per return compared to what I was targeting before…

lets see how it goes…

Follow my thread.

Duane
DRFXTRADING

… $10 to $135 in 17 trading days… you can do the percentages…

Got caught by the US Fed Rate release yet still managed to forge on to a muted result…

This is a good example to new traders how Lot size management can guard against disasters when losing some serious pips… no martingale… just plugging away with the small lot sizes got the result back on the correct side of the ledger…

Strategy:

SW Analysis of the USD against Gold… USD is Strengthening… SELL, USD is Weakening BUY…

Non Believers… Once again check the times (UTC +10) and movements with your charts…

AUD$108.00 to $135.00… in 5 trading days… 25% in 5 days… pissing around… at will…

Mix of 0.01 micro lots, 1:1 RR on XAUUSD (~100 Pips TP / SL or Hedge)

1:400 leverage (~$2.30 Margin per position)

1 Like

Do you have your strategy posted anywhere for me to read? I read through this thread and only see a bit of info on your lot size, risk etc…

Hey T, make 3 live calls, or certified statement and blotter, if not it didn’t happen. I hope you don’t have sock puppets!

The Ever Hating Sock Puppets VIPER

@pipthatride, Trade 0.01 micro lots, 1:1 RR on XAUUSD (~100 Pips TP / SL)

1:400 leverage (~$2.30 Margin per position)…

1 Like

T, were you doing SW analysis intraday? I see buys and sells on the same day in your posted results.

Hey @TalonD, Yep, I use a Currency Meter on the 4 hour, 1 hour and 5 mins… to gauge were the USD is heading… I was busy this week so really didn’t get chance to get into it until Thursday AM (UTC 10)…

I use the 4 hour SW as the strongest direction and traded the 1 hour for the 2 days… You get to see the start of small to medium trends on the 5 mins… and the XAUUSD was very volatile toward the end of the week…

CSM Software I use… Easy, even emails alerts… No names… I’ll be accused of trying to sell it…

Although in Aust. we are not crushed by the ESMA ruling and I use 1:400 leverage, I still aim to keep margin usage low by not opening a new position until the previous positions profit (equity gain) has covered the new position or price action has closed a few TP’s. I think the most margin used this week was between $20 - $30.

I have found some great information doing this, especially in the interview section and risk management!

@Trendswithbenefits, Great example! liked and bookmarked. This type of strategy is along some of the scenarios that I have been running in my head and on paper thanks for going through this excercise and posting.

KC

… $10 to $182 in 20 trading days… you can do the percentages…

Change of strategy… applied Short Term Currency Strength system to actual currency cross pairs…

Works exactly the same as XAUUSD and is successful… Started with 5 pip TP / SL, once I got going and was comfortable with strategy upped the R:R to ~10 pip TP / SL…
If the position looked strong, I let the profits run… was on the right side of the GBP spike at the start of the week.

Strategy… SW Analysis of Various pairs…

First Currency is Strengthening…… BUY, First Currency is Weakening… SELL

AUD$135.00 to $182.00… in 3 trading days… 37+% in 3 days… pissing around… at will…

Mix of 0.01 / 0.05 micro lots, 1:1 RR on Various Pairs (~10 Pips TP / SL or Hedge)

1:400 leverage (~$2.30/ 22.00 Margin per position)

2 Likes