Is 25% a month possible?

With small capital sometimes it is possible. But consistently 25% every month is not possible. Even world renowned hedge fund can’t make 25% a year let alone a month. And they have all the modern facilities and expert traders. So the target should match with our trading skills and abilities.

1 Like

You’re right, of course - but this isn’t what he wants to hear.

It’s another one of those “I only want to hear from people who share my own perceptions” threads.

It’s another way of saying “Nobody with real experience or any long-term success or a trading career should reply. Only dream-world hopers, here, please”.

Responses from Trendwithbenefits are welcome in these threads - not so much posts by anyone who might actually know what they’re talking about.

1 Like

Yada, Yada, decades of experience…my way or no way… heard it all before from you Charlie…

1 Like

yes it is. we have to ensure the matching issues first of all. how much you can return from your balance it depends on your knowledge that should be realistic and practically, besides knowledge a credible support from a trading platform also important , because they can affect the result of your trading at any times, so match all important issues at the same time. happy trading

In this business I think most important is we can survive with getting profit eventually, although sometime facing with losing trades but as long as still can recover loss become profit and we can withdtraw profit trading to making new spirit, sometime as newbie fall on trap easy profit monthly based or weekly based, but they never talk about risk in trading that also should as considering

God, that’s profound! :sunglasses: :grinning:

There’s more, here:-

2 Likes

Day 3 - 2.6% return in the 6 hours before breakfast…

Position direct form SW Strategy using the USD strength… A buy on either the USDCHF or a Sell on the GBPUSD would have rewarded with the same result…

Same formula on the same $1096.08 account (Day 2 close)… up to $1124.00 (Day 3 close)

1:1 RR / 1.2% risk / $41 Margin (1 pos.) Non believers… feel free to verify with your charts…

Account has increased by 7.5% (94.4 pips) in 3 days…

2 Likes

Yen & Aussie strong in their own session today too corresponding with weaker european pairings.
Euro/Australian$ down through the big 1.60 level & not recovering at all into last nights close.
Sterling/Australian$ which yesterday was a reverse of the strong/weak reading has today slipped 1.80 on a strong AUD weak GBP signal.

1 Like

Exactly… the EURAUD would have been a tidy 60+ pip play by now if shorted at the NY open.

NZD follows the AUD like a lagging MA… So last night’s favorite the NZDUSD is currently in ascension mode…

Sitting on a USDJPY Buy and waiting for the dollar to bounce off the floor… 2 pips into a 12 pip SL…

1 Like

Edit: 4-5-2018
Day 3 - 9.8% return in 1 day…A mix of SW strategy and a few short term price action in this result…

Same formula on the same $1096.08 account (Day 2 close)… up to $1197.84 (Day 3 updated close)

1:1 RR / 1.2% risk (12 pips) / $91 Margin (2 pos. max ) Non believers… feel free to verify with your charts…

Account has increased by 14.7% (150.1 pips) in 3 days…Will complete the 25% early next week…

1 active position remains open on the USDJPY, see where it is in 8 hours.

2 Likes

Good going, well done mate.
I’ve been reading up on your strength meter posts elsewhere. Very informative articles & info.
I’m using one myself for intraday opportunities & hopefully will interact with you now & again on the forum.

All the best :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, I think I’m going to get hurt by that Yen position… drawdown is low so not removing life support just yet… 109.1 - 109.0 will hopefully stop the internal bleeding…:confounded:

GBPNZD would have got the job done today. Cheers

Yeah, as i mentioned earlier, i was getting a strong Yen read when i posted. In fact it was fighting Aussie$ for the top ranking all morning & into New York. It’s walloped through prior day lows on all its cross match pairs today as well as printing upwards of +130/150% of range into New York trade on most pairs.

I’d have a had a pop at a short via sterling or euro if i hadn’t been exposed near my day limit on the Aud, but there you go.

They’ll be plenty of other days to choose the premier battles.
Hope it doesn’t bleed too badly for you

1 Like

Let say your goal is 25% per month. And then breakdown on everyday…you have to reach 1% daily goal. I think this is a reasonable calculation. If you have $100 then you just have to get $1 profit/day.

1 Like

Hi @robert.miner,

This is not realistic. It’s like saying you can lose 25 pounds per month, because you can lose one pound in a day. Not only is that unsustainable, but the risks you might take in trying to achieve such an unrealistic goal are likely to be harmful.

The difference between trading and gambling is that traders seek to act when they believe the odds are in their favor. Gamblers ignore the fact that the odds are against them.

@Novaturient, making 25% per month is only possible the way it’s possible to double your money betting on black playing roulette. Such an approach to money will ultimately lead to ruin.

"Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end." - Proverbs 19:20

1 Like

Hi @robert.miner, Welcome to the forum… If you had a $100 account you would have to trade in 0.01 micro lots to guard against losses and large drawdowns… but the formula displayed above would be exactly the same.

Trading ONLY the Strong Currencies against the Weak… “the odds are in their favor…”

• EURUSD. 1:1 RR (Risk / Reward) 1.2% risk Leverage 400:1 / Margin ~$4.00 on each position

• TP & SL (maximum 9 pips) 1 position a day trading 0.01 lots… @ $1.19.

• Possibly even lower the risk to 1:1.5 RR (ie: 6-7 SL with a 9-10 TP)

@FOREX.com Hmmm… While I understand that it’s your job to blow the siren loud and lead fresh Eloi to their fate…

There is no Gambling happening here… with the low risk profile and sound Currency SW momentum being demonstrated over and over again… For a representative from the otherside of the game to suggest its Gambling is either disingenuous or possibly sinister at best…

If there was a spike in the plebs successfully taking even 12% a month from the market… well…Christmas just wouldn’t be the same.

Unfortunately for you, not even the word of God is going to stop your misinformation being shot down when 25% is reached early next week… Enjoy

2 Likes

Success on trading strategies is completely depend on its practice, make sure regular practice in demo = get good result.

1 Like

but i have seen and never found at any trader who practice trading seriously , most of them trade at random when practicing.

…and most of them blow their accounts

Hi @Trendswithbenefits,

We entered this discussion to address such misconceptions. The risk is in how they could lead new traders to make fatal mistakes when developing their strategies due to unrealistic expectations.

When you consider that 25% per month equates to over 1400% per year and to more than 300,000% over three years, it may help you to see why this rate of return is not sustainable over a long period.

4 Likes