Is 25% a month possible?

Continuation… Below is the summary from the start of this exercise…

Day 4 - 3.6% return… A quiet day with a mix of SW strategy and residual (35min after) NFP price action … No trading took place during the NFP release…

Same formula on the same $1197.84 account (Day 3 close)… up to $1235.58 (Day 4 close)

1:1 RR / 1.2% risk (14 pips) / $99 Margin (3 pos. max ) Non believers… feel free to verify with your charts…

Account has increased by 18.1% (184.3 pips) in 4 days…

1 Loss, 3 positions (in profit) (USDJPY, NZDUSD, GBPUSD) currently open with an update tomorrow AM…

2 Likes

Good job!

I can see that most of the times you let it go for 5 pips then close the position. But sometimes 20 pips. Why is that? :slight_smile:

Also, which timeframes do you use for this SW strategy?

You only look at the SW chart and trade accordingly to that? Is it important to draw trend, resistance and support lines?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Mordengaard

Some of the SW moves are strong graduale price increases or decreases, so for this exercise I will hold for 21 - 26 pips…

Some SW moves, especially at the extremes of Currency Meters have a tendency to retrace and fast (a Strategy in itself) so I close the positions 5.5 - 6.5 pips… locking in profits… small but still profit…

1 hour Charts generally, 15 mins (minimum)
|
|

Day 5 - 6.1% return… A quiet day with 3 screen hours spent using SW strategy…so much ranging in the markets… It is a Monday… Unfortunately Included a 12 pip loss…

Same formula on the same $1235.58 account (Day 4 close)… up to $1299.31 (Day 5 and Final close)

1:1 RR / 1.2% risk (14 pips) / $99 Margin (3 pos. max ) Non believers… feel free to verify with your charts…

Account has increased by 24.4% (234.8 pips) in 5 days…

1 Like

So how many months are you going to run this for, to prove that it’s easily achievable, for yourself, as it says in the title of this thread?

I’m curious as always to see this, but pardon me for having the usual expectations, perhaps not really helped by viewing a screenshot of ‘what happened’ – rather than a verified tracked account, I’m sure you could mange that after all; not to mention it would make it easier for everyone to track past performance.

Perhaps it’s not credibility that you’re after, in which case I understand the approach you’ve chosen :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Will try, thanks! :smiley:

@BaconSandwich I don’t give a toss about credibility… I don’t register any of my accounts on FX sites of any description… why would you give hackers the opportunity…

You’ll have to go back and read the original thread which was closed by the mods to understand this continuation…

Past and future performance are irrelevant to this exercise… If 25% gain on a $1000 account can be achieved over 5 days using a form of SW Currency Strength Strategy… then it could quite readily be achieved by one position per day using 0.1 lots, no more than $40 margin with 1.2% of your account at risk per position over a 20 trading day period…

The account started at $1027 and a profit of ~$272.00 ($1299) was generated over the week.
So if I was to continue trading using the same risk profile the strategy started with…

There is effectively no longer invested funds at risk… which should go some way to help with the physiological fear of losses that can impede new traders…

Total risk management, which is what the exercise is designed to demonstrate…

Would this strategy (20 day) work scaled up on a $10,000, $25,000, $100,000 account??

4 Likes

@Trendswithbenefits

How are you mate? Haven’t seen your updates for a while… What happened? :slight_smile:

Yes it is very possible. Just depends on your appetite for risk and how much of your account balance you stake on each trade. Your trading system should have edge and you run the risk of wiping yourself out if you risk too much per go.

Alternatively you can risk 75% of your account balance on every trade and try to achieve 25% PnL with an R:R 3:1 trading on the 1 minute candle. In that case you can probably make 25% everyday with just one trade a day, until the music stops.

I’m curious, if you have 1:1 RR and rising 1.2% then how do you gain 2.6%? Your gain should be 1.2%
Excuse me for posting this four months later, I was just browsing old threads…

Hi @TalonD, the 1:1 RR and 1.2% risk per trade (which grew as the account grew) was based on 11/12 pip TP and SL. If the market was moving strongly in the positions favour I would let the trade run past the 1:1 RR. As you can see with the screenshot the position (NZDUSD) was closed @ a 21 pip profit or AUD$27.92 profit, which at that interval in the experiment was 2.6% of the total account…

Have a look back though the thread and you will see closes at 5 pips where the position wasn’t going to plan and others well over 20 pips which met similar criteria as above… hope this explains the post.

I had to read back through the thread to answer this…BTW, this demonstration was an absolute waste of time here on BabyPips… Too many close minded jaw flapping pseudo guru’s attempted to shoot this thread down over its course… the moderators didn’t help matters although it was finally edited into the thread you see today…

2 Likes

That’s what I figured but I’m a numbers guy so things have to add up :slight_smile: I read through the thread and agree with you. people saying it can’t be done even while you’re demonstrating doing it. I like the simplicity of what you were showing in the thread about using a 20 SMA. I like to add in some support / resistance. :+1:

2 Likes

How do you do this? Do you just keep scrolling down or search by topic? I’m seeing some old quality threads popping back up, was wondering how people are finding them.

Hey @purtle, just use the search function at the top of the page… Put in the topic your after and you should be able to find many posts and threads on a huge range of interesting topics.

1 Like

I just go to the main categories and start browsing and also look at the ‘unread’ and ‘new topics’ look for anything interesting.

Yup…more than possible…thats basically my target…

You can follow my Video Analysis Thread as I aim for that.

Essentially it involves

1. Targeting 50 to 70 Pips within 24 Hours

1. Using the Daily and 4H for Market Direction, 4H for Stop Loss.

2. Risking 3 to 4% Per Trade

3. Targeting 6 to 8 trades for 5% Retrun Per trade.

Duane

DRFXTRADING

3 Likes

Hey Duane (@DRFXTRADING), will follow with interest… the larger format TF and targets should make your trading less stressful.

Not possible at all. this is like any other business. the profit margin cannot be more than 50% in one year. unless you are onto something that the rest of the world is missing it.

I am…

Stay tuned…

Overnight…

Duane

1 Like