Is 25% a month possible?

That’s what I figured but I’m a numbers guy so things have to add up :slight_smile: I read through the thread and agree with you. people saying it can’t be done even while you’re demonstrating doing it. I like the simplicity of what you were showing in the thread about using a 20 SMA. I like to add in some support / resistance. :+1:

2 Likes

How do you do this? Do you just keep scrolling down or search by topic? I’m seeing some old quality threads popping back up, was wondering how people are finding them.

Hey @purtle, just use the search function at the top of the page… Put in the topic your after and you should be able to find many posts and threads on a huge range of interesting topics.

1 Like

I just go to the main categories and start browsing and also look at the ‘unread’ and ‘new topics’ look for anything interesting.

Yup…more than possible…thats basically my target…

You can follow my Video Analysis Thread as I aim for that.

Essentially it involves

1. Targeting 50 to 70 Pips within 24 Hours

1. Using the Daily and 4H for Market Direction, 4H for Stop Loss.

2. Risking 3 to 4% Per Trade

3. Targeting 6 to 8 trades for 5% Retrun Per trade.

Duane

DRFXTRADING

3 Likes

Hey Duane (@DRFXTRADING), will follow with interest… the larger format TF and targets should make your trading less stressful.

Not possible at all. this is like any other business. the profit margin cannot be more than 50% in one year. unless you are onto something that the rest of the world is missing it.

I am…

Stay tuned…

Overnight…

Duane

1 Like

Hello Duane, good to hear from you, I am glad to see you are well and profitable. Now with the pleasantries out of the way. For how long have you been making 25% per month in your account. Is it a live account.

The Ever You Gotta Know What Is Coming Next VIPER

Never said I am making that…

1. I said It is my new target. September will be the 1st Month

2. Yes it will be Live.

3. The Methodology has now been finalized.

I dont see why this is such an impossible task. Just 5 trades worth 4% to 5% risking 3% to 4% per trade. Someone else in this forum posted similar results…guy from/living in Spain.

So I am just gonna do that too but with my prefered strategies .

If people think only 5% or 10% per month is the most one can make from Forex…I dont think it would be worth it/ have such demand.

But…we shall see.

Duane
DRFXTRADING

Ahh ok, I have a suggestion, just trade well and the % will follow, annnnnnd especially if you trade well during a period like from 2008-2013, the world is your juicy Rat. Well I guess some would prefer Oyster.

The Ever Preferring My Food Live VIPER

3 Likes

It’s certainly possible to profit that much, but whether it is achievable every single month is a matter of debate.

Hi Victoria,

The question should not be whether it’s possible to make 25% per month. It’s possible to win the lottery, but buying lottery tickets is not a sound financial strategy.

There are things that are possible but so unlikely that your time and resources are better spent on something more probable:

Anyone who needs to ask whether it’s possible to earn X percentage per month trading forex or any financial market does not understand trading well enough to earn any amount consistently. The truth is market conditions are constantly changing.

At times, your trading strategy might be in tune with present market conditions. At other times, the market conditions might not be ideal for your strategy, and the best you can do is try to minimize losses and wait. This will be reflected in fluctuations in your monthly returns.

Trying to earn a fixed amount every month from trading, especially an extremely high percentage like 25% will only lead to reckless trading that will reduce your chances of making any money.

"He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool shall be servant to the wise of heart." - Proverbs 11:29

5 Likes

Ahh @victoriajensen, Why? Because you can not get these results… so therefore no one can??

You should be reading Dennis’s thread, another who is probably doing similar figures and has been demonstrating a very successful strategy for over 12 months…which anyone here can follow.

The strategy and risk management employed in this thread was well within safe normal FX trading parameters… 1.2% risk per position… 1:1 RR (or better…) and 0.1 lots per (~$33 margin per position).
Yet, I was accused of gambling from some with the Caviar and Dom Perignon stained shirts…

Most traders that are making real money in the markets are not wasting their time posting on some obscure forum, preaching to the great unwashed on how to generate a dollar in this unforsaken game…

Pay no heed to influencers like @FOREX.com et others, whose primary goal on a beginners forum is to keep expectations so low that when new traders do blow their funds, for whatever reason, it was to be expected, it happens all the time, it’s 100% your fault, top up your account and have another go… you’ll win next time for sure… keep your money flowing… to US…

"God created Snakes before he unleashed the Market Makers… even he knew he needed more practice." - Proverb 8:3 Apple

3 Likes

Hi @Trendswithbenefits,

We took your suggestion and looked at his thread. Very interesting!

What @Dennis3450 said seems to agree with what we said, but we won’t speak for him.

Trying to earn a fixed amount every month from trading, especially an extremely high percentage like 25% will only lead to reckless trading that will reduce your chances of making any money.

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4

@FOREX.com 25% on small accounts (~$2500 and under) is more than possible on a regular basis… the capital risk just isn’t there… Now, since no one believes actual platform screenshots which were all more than checkable against the charts… It’s been nothing but a waste of my time…

I proved this at will in this thread… It obviously takes a rocket scientist to fill in the gaps and comprehend that as an account increases, the percentage required would exponentially reduce… just as the question was raised by me in the very last post of the actual experiment… It’s why 80% of members in these forums sit in their highchairs and wait to be spoon feed strategies and ideas…

At the end of the day, I don’t really care and shouldn’t be wasting time demonstrating new strategies and trading ideas at this level.

The BabyPips forum is just a collection of traders with varying degrees of competency who are brought down to the views of the loudest average common denominators… Just like driving on the road… 95% cannot cope with 150 kmh, so the limit is set to a nice safe 100 kmh, caters for the perpetually frightened, ignorantly incompetent and continually apathetic…

3 Likes

That is an interesting hypothesis @FOREX.com.

Surely that depends on your starting position ?

If you are financially stressed a single lottery ticket per week is equivalent to 5 cigarettes.

But the result COULD be life changing ! - Sometimes the “Dreams” of how you would spend the money are well worth the outlay - just in themselves !

If you have no financial worries at all, then the odds come into play and buying 1 or 50 lottery tickets per week still has a negligible chance of success - ergo - put your mony somewhere else !

While the bullshite raged in this thread, I opened a micro $10 account to demonstrate to newbie traders, that wish to learn to trade a LIVE micro, micro account what can be achieved while concentrating hard on trading and not swanning through the threads, reading rubbish and typing drivel…

Strategy:

SW Analysis of the USD against Gold… USD is Strengthening… SELL, USD is Weakening BUY…

Watch the 4 and 1 Hour, trade the 5 min… So simple…

Non Believers… Once again check the times (UTC +10) and movements with your charts…

AUD$10.00 to $50.00… in 7 trading days… 500% in 7 days… pissing around… at will…

0.01 micro lots, 1:1 RR on XAUUSD (~100 Pips TP / SL) 1:400 leverage (~$2.30 Margin per position)

I really cannot comprehend what some of you are doing…???

3 Likes

Can you give us the site where you look at the SW heatmap while trading?

Hey @Mordengaard, which trading platform are you using??