Is 25% a month possible?

Well so far up 10% for October…

With latest trade from NZD JPY…

Only 3 or 4 more needed like this to hit 25%…

Duane
DRFXTRADING

1 Like

… $10 to $274 in 33 trading days… you can do the percentages…

Back to original strategy… XAUUSD offered up some serious volatility…… $250 is now the new floor, anything above $250.00 is not my money… and the strategy being used is so, so, so simply applied…

Applied some of rram2’s strategy and laid pending orders in front of price direction…works a treat.

Strategy:

SW Analysis of the USD against Gold… USD is Strengthening… SELL, USD is Weakening BUY…

Watch the 4 and 1 Hour, trade the 5 min… So simple…

N B’s… Once again check the times (UTC +11 - Daylight Savings) and movements with your charts…

AUD$182.00 to $274.00… in 2 trading days… 50+% in 2 days… pissing around… at will…

0.05 micro lots, 1:1 RR on XAUUSD (~100 Pips TP / SL or Hedge)

1:400 leverage (~22.00 Margin per position)

2 Likes

… $10 to $382 in 37 trading days… you can do the percentages…

XAUUSD offered up some serious volatility again at the end of the week…… Had to concentrate on my main trading accounts this week due to the Wall Street correction so this exercise took a back seat from Wednesday onward… Hence this account did not benefit from the 3800 pip hike at the EOW…

Once again applied some of rram2’s strategy laying pending orders in front of price direction….

$375 is now the new floor, anything above $375.00 is not my money… and the strategy being used is so, so, so simply applied… once ~$500 is reached will increase lot size to 0.1 to keep growth consistent.

Strategy:

SW Analysis of the USD against Gold… USD is Strengthening… SELL, USD is Weakening BUY…

N B’s… Once again check the times (UTC +11 - Daylight Savings) and movements with your charts…

AUD$274.00 to $382.00… in 4 trading days… 39+% in 4 days… pissing around… at will…

2 Likes

Possible yes.
Likely no.

For experienced trader, sure it is.
Trader who is not consistently profitable yet, probably not and result in blowing up account if trying to up the risk per trade.

… $10 to $518 in 40 trading days… you can do the percentages…

Attempting to combine SW Strategy with rram2’s strategy by laying pending orders in front of price direction…. It steadily adds equity with mild DD…

XAUUSD is ranging badly, like the rest of the market…… Starting to notice repeating patterns / movements in Price Action on this pair so it’s getting easier to profit from…

Note lots of loss entries due to Close All being utilized to reset when equity has reached target amount every 24 hours or so. Part of this Strategy that I need to improve on…

$500 is now the new floor, anything above $500.00 is not my money… and the strategy being used is so, so, so simply applied… Positions still open so $528 has been reached… Target for EOW is $563…

Strategy:

Mix of SW Analysis and Cross Hedge System (rram2) of the USD against Gold… USD is Strengthening… SELL, USD is Weakening BUY…

16-10-2018

17-10-2018 (Trading continues on the 18th hence the $528 Balance and Equity total)

AUD$382.00 to $518.00… in 2 trading days… 35+% in 3 days… pissing around… at will…

Oh… and one last thing… my capital at risk applying this strategy… AUD$10.00…

3 Likes

That’s 4x A/C doubles in forty days - so assuming you’re compounding as you go - you’re doubling a little better than every ten days - so every 2 weeks you’re making 100%.

Something around 40% per week maybe ?

Certainly it would seem to indicate that 25% per month does seem to be possible ! :yum:

1 Like

Hey @Falstaff, I’m running this exercise to a 60 day compounding schedule… (shown below)… with the schedule set to 10% per day… Should be able to backtrack through the thread to check the dates and amounts are close…~$5.00 - 7.00

Compounding is roughly achieved by increasing the lot size of the positions… IC Markets doesn’t allow (Or I don’t know how) to compound the lot size up ie: 0.01, 0.02. 0.027 etc. etc. so I just jumped from 0.01 to 0.05 lots to adhere to the schedule… Next step is to up it to 0.1 lots per position.

I was intending dropping the 10% to 5% after 30 days but onward and upward for the time being…

I think impossible to make the profit 25% per month, as I know forex market is very wild, after open new order hence we never know where price will moe later, indeed with calculation seems very possible, but in fact, forex trading is not like as math science, risk also need as one consideration here

Numbers are funny things - I don’t often look to exactitude, numbers wise except for “Tax returns” - As a QS I sometimes have to deal in scary numbers. For example back in the early 2000’s I was Commercial manager for a firm doing Gas pipelines - repairs and diversions. We had around 50 gangs working every day on small jobs (£3000 to £150,000 ) and I had a team of twenty “inputters” in four locations. The client had numerous “engineering managers” messing with our “Invoices” and basically paying what they thought was about right.

We submitted our Invoices (Tracksheets) in Lotus Approach and they manually adjusted them and each of them sent us a “Payments sheet” every week as plain text, without any explanation. Often they simply paid the easy ones and left the harder ones until “Later” !

My assistant was an accountant trained ex “Company Secretary” and I once fired a situation precis at him, much like the mental arithmetic I just fired at you and he was unimpressed ! - Called it "the School of “near enough accountancy” :rofl:

But I knew we had been underpaid somewhere between £5 and 12 million ! He could say to the penny which tracksheets were underpaid, but coud simply not keep up with the sheer volume of transactions and since the tracksheets were only a reasonable estimate in any case, there was no real point in knowing that information unless we could do something about it.

[Which I could do at the quarterly “Disallowed cost” calculations - which we used to assess the “Pain gain” adjustment, by simply sitting our very best inputter on top of their “Best engineer” and killing his reductions stone dead ! ]

When I left a few years later, he got my job and worked 16-18 hours a day trying to keep up. Failed dismally and got fired after around 10 weeks, when the payments got into a hell of a mess. (Computers couldn’t do then what they can now) and monthly income turned to Ratshitt !

What I’m trying to say here is that - I can see you’re compounding and making a fair stab at it ! - Just believe my “Top of the head” figures - They’re not a million miles out. and since the returns are coming in on the basis of “incomplete information” - exactitude won’t help much ! :wink:

I am much impressed though !

I can only see one issue atm - and that is if and when you walk into a long- term trend! And if I’m reading correctly your “close all” should keep you away from huge drawdowns - at least until you have a chance to take a look at what is going on !

Personally I’d not drop your percentage to 5% - but the “4 doubles” I speak of is $320 so I personally would take the difference (c $200) actually OUT of the account - giving you a 2000% locked in return on your original and continue trading the 10% on the $320.

This I would repeat periodically so you’d be taking out maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of the account periodically and keep the rest running - 10% will compound WAY faster than 5% ! :sunglasses:

However, it’s YOUR system, and I have nothing that would get anywhere near these levels - so please feel free to ingore me !

Suffice it to say "you have my attention ! "

Love it ! :sunglasses:

1 Like

That seems to be something I can no longer replicate ! :disappointed_relieved:

Thanks for your log… appreciate it. Boosts my confidence.

I don’t think it is wise to limit your profit percentage. Yet, it can be slightly incorrect to trade for a specific return. You can earn definite income if you can efficiently handle your funds with the proper use of your trading strategies.

Hey @Falstaff, appreciate the detailed reply and your suggestions on this experiment…

Resetting to take a look at what the price is doing is exactly the reason the Close All is used…

I start all my accounts with $1000 deposits so that is the target for the EOM. For my own research, I have replicated this project over on my Pepperstone Account and so far have taken the $10.00 up to $168…

The hybrid strategy of grid hedging and SW Analysis can use a larger DD percentage so I have to keep the dollars in the account to cater for this requirement. I have a lot to learn about applying rrm2’s strategy…

The next 7 trading days will be the most demanding and TBH, even I will be surprised if I can stay to schedule at 10% per day, hence the fall back position of 5% (which I have achieved many times).

The thread is titled 25% per month… this is now in the 1000’s%… and unlike most, I have laid it out as transparent as can be… so any result from here in is financial alchemy to BP’s broader followers.

3 Likes

For the handful (if that…) of members following this thread, I have stalled out on Tuesday at $630.00… I haven’t had time to run it this week and the XAUUSD has looked dreadful to trade over the last few days when I have had some time to peruse this account… I will continue on next week…

In the mean time see @faridfx1987’s thread… a new member is trading a similar strategy on the EURJPY and getting similar results… My Kudos to him…

2 Likes

Hye @Trendswithbenefits, thanks bro for the introduction. I am flattered that u mentioned my name in your journal. But still, I am still a greenhorn compared to u bro. Will keep up to your reputation.

U r an idol =)

… $10 to $694 in 50 trading days… you can do the percentages…

Combining SW Strategy with rram2’s strategy by laying pending orders in front of price direction…. It steadily adds equity with mild DD…

GBPJPY is going up and down like a Yoyo……… noticed repeating patterns / movements in Price Action on this pair so it got a gig this week.…

$650 is now the new floor, anything above $650.00 is not my money… and the strategy being used is so, so, so simply applied…

Strategy:

Mix of SW Analysis and Hedge System (rram2) of the GBP against JPY… JPY is Strengthening… SELL, JPY is Weakening BUY…

Watch the 4 and 1 Hour, trade the 5 min…

N B’s… Once again check the times (UTC +11) and movements with your charts…

30-10-2018 AUD$518.00 to $694.00… in 9 trading days… 33+% in 9 days… at will…

0.05 micro lots, 1:1 RR on GBPJPY (~11 Pips TP / SL or Hedge)

Struggling to hold the 10% at this point…

1 Like

… $10 to $762 in 51 trading days… you can do the percentages…

Combining SW Strategy with rram2’s strategy by laying pending orders in front of price direction…. It steadily adds equity with mild DD…

GBPJPY is going up and down like a Yoyo……… repeating patterns / movements in Price Action on this pair so it got a another day in the office.… The weakness of GBP helped out today…
For those interested… actual Screen time - 2 Hours on the 31st

$750 is now the new floor, anything above $750.00 is not my money… and the strategy being used is so, so, so simply applied…

Strategy:

Mix of SW Analysis and Hedge System of the GBP against JPY… JPY is Strengthening… SELL, JPY is Weakening BUY…

Watch the 4 and 1 Hour, trade the 5 min…

N B’s… Once again check the times (UTC +11) and movements with your charts…

31-10-2018 AUD$694.00 to $762.00… in 1 trading day… 9+% in 1 day… at will…

0.05 micro lots, 1:1 RR on GBPJPY (~11 Pips TP / SL or Hedge)

Took a few days to regain focus… but onward and upward

Note: Some positions end with 14 pips, 12 pips etc etc… I try to add a pip or two to every close, so that after ~10 trades I have ~ 11 extra pips, Insurance on a losing trade, effectively a free swing…

1 Like

Just for sh1ts n gr1ns Unbelievers LOL I like that phrase. Well anyway, how about 60% in two days?
…Just pissin around.

Now to figure out how to smooth the curve… I’m not too crazy about a 10 to 12 percent drawdown. I think tighter rules can smooth that out some.

Yes very possible every month, doesn’t even have to be risky, you just have to be smart and patient.

Not even going to bother adding anything else.