Is Alpari-PRO a true ECN broker?

Hi I was just wondering if any one knew if alpari pro was a true ecn broker they require $10000 minimum deposit and are claiming to be a ecn broker however after reading on here about brokers not telling the truth I thought I would ask and see if anyone had experiences with the pro account. Thanks

hi,
I m using alpari ecn pro mt4 demo since 15 working days…over all it remained better with this short span of time. per 1.0 lot commission 2.something to 5.0 dolars per lot…on majore forex pairs…i shal try this demo further 15 working days INSHALLAH…i used dukascopy broker before,their commissions were too much per lot 35.usd…major forex pairs.if some one has live ac with alpari ecn pro kindly share there (spread,commission) and over all commission…?

This thread’s from 2012, but now that it’s been bumped, I’ll mention that it no longer actually matters whether Alpari is a “true ECN broker” (I suppose the OP must have meant “true direct access broker”) because the only branch of Alpari which was properly regulated (Alpari UK) has gone bankrupt anyway, and for that reason nobody should entrust the remainder of Alpari with their funds.

1 Like

Just to add to Charlie’s helpful post above, the Alpari UK bankruptcy was a great example of how important it is to be sure that your broker IS properly regulated.

The Alpari UK customers got their money back, after that bankruptcy (up to ÂŁ50,000 each) because of the government-backed scheme.

That would NOT be true of the Russian part of Alpari.

Checking where and how your broker’s regulated and their regulatory record REALLY IS the most important thing!

1 Like

Great point Lukas :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To tell the truth I didn’t hear about ecn of Alpari… they offer the similar conditions as Amarkets or another ecn brokers? It will be very interesting to read more reviews about ecn alpari here.

Remarkable.

This was a brokerage divided between two companies in two countries.

One went bankrupt and the other is unregulated; but people are still interested in reading reviews about their “ecn”.

It really makes you wonder whether there’s any point at all in posting any information about brokerages in this forum.

2 Likes

Don’t be so pessimistic.

Of course there is.

Threads may be read by plenty of people other than those posting in them.

Some posting here, admittedly, would benefit from reading this post, which you kindly contributed a day or two ago:-

1 Like