Is anyone thinking about short USD opportunities next week?

When the headline NFP came in softer than expected, combined with the potential drop in next week’s CPI, I think the dollar could be shortable…any thoughts?

Hope you did this for USD/CAD and not USDJPY! How did your trade go? :slight_smile:

Hi, thanks for replying.
yes, USD JPY has been difficult to trade lately. It will be interesting to see the JPY inflation data later on today.
The GBP has been particularly weak this last couple of days.
How’s your trading going?

i let the chart tell me what to think and just trade what i see because the fundamentals are already reflected there, so so i just opened a long position (139.61) at 2.15 UK time today, when all the swings-high of the previous hour were taken out, and closed it exactly four hours later (140.39, should have waited a bit longer, but it’s always easy to be wise after the event!)

is that due? ok - it will be reflected in the chart by the next time i see it, so i can’t claim to be unaffected by it, but i certainly won’t specifically be looking at it - it would probably only confuse me - good luck with it, though!

Inflation starting to come down in Britain and the rest of Europe now. Reasons to short USD aren’t that strong when all economies are facing the same problems. US has Inflation more under control, so slightly against it, but I wouldn’t bet significantly against the dollar. It’s been in an uptrend for about 15 years on the big time frames

2 Likes

now there’s an economic statement even i can understand (which is unusual) :sunglasses:

I opened 2 small positions on the USD:
AUDUSD Short

USDJPY long:

1 Like