Is AudaCity Capital legit?

Hey guys, I signed up with AudaCity Capital i.m about to begin, anyone who’s working or worked with them?

Hey,

I’ve heard of this firm but only cos I’m doing a
prop fund challenge to see if they work. I didnt go with them because they gave no concrete details on their site.

Could you explain a bit more about what they offer and the costs involved as they needed me to sign up for everything! And I didn’t want promotional emails everyday.

• In their Funded Trader Program they fund professional traders with trading experience.
  • They back them with an initial 15,000 USD trading account.
  • Every time the trader reaches 10% in profits, they split 50% the commission and double the account size. From 15,000 to 30,000, from 30,000 to 60,000, and so on. Up to a maximum of half a MILLION.
  • NO TRADES ON WEEKENDS OR OVER BIG NEWS
  • MAX EXPOSURE 0.5 LOTS all cumulative. DRAWDOWN 15% AT ALL TIMES.
  • £199 joining fee and £99 monthly fee. That is is to cover the costs of trading which cover the administration, brokerage services and technology. They sad they are in partnership with an institutional liquidity provider to get deep institutional liquidity.
1 Like

What broker do they use?
Does that max lot size increase as your account does?

up to 0.5 lot, they didnt mention their broker

Are you still part of Audacity? How was it?

Hi,

I`m really thinking to join the program can you give me more information?if is worth it or no?

Thanks

Hope this helps.

Yes I`m the one who start that discussion…but not with great result anyway.

Is it advisable and legit to join them with the funded trading program or not ?

The fact that you have to pay an upfront fee of 200£ is already a warning; 100£ monthly fee is a lot as well. The fact that you have to pay before even seeing their platform is another warning. What they claim they offer is a starting 15000£ account and with any 10% increase they double your account.
Now: They claim to split profits 50/50 and to have many experienced traders working for them since a few years ago. If this is true they must have traders with account size of Millions £, splitting their profits 50/50 means they should be a multimillionaire company and these profits should be more than enough to pay for their equipment and whatever else they claim they need to pay.
Go on the internet and look at the reviews, you can find only reviews posted in the last month or so, 99% of them gave 5 stars and excellent comments. Probably people they paid just to write those reviews.
Overall it looks like a good big scam but I can be wrong of course.

Legit companies work in completely different ways

4 Likes

I agree that paying a monthly fee seems unnecessary for a profitable company who is earning 50% of profits. This makes me think that a more rational explanation may be based on the fact that a very small % of people are capable of making consistent profits month over month. So profit sharing would be the minimal source of income.
I don’t believe that every person applying receives $10,000 real funds to play with. A 10% Drawdown means the company would lose $1000 for everyone who fails and 95%+ will fail.
A more realistic business model would be to give every funded trader a demo account but make them believe they are trading real funds. If they fail, the company loses nothing and in fact have made a profit from the £200 application fee and the £100 monthly service fee.
But what about the traders who succeed? Well, success means they have made 10% profit so $1000 profit split 50/50 means the company pays $500 to the trader and have received £200 + £100 in fees. Not much risk for the company here. The bonus for the company is that they are identifying talented traders without taking any risk. The profits they pay out are easily covered by the fees from the 95% of people who sign up and fail.
In summary, this is only my opinion because there is minimal information given by the company.
Once a talented trader has been trading for up to a year it would be in the company’s interest to give this trader real funds to cover the profit sharing.
I don’t believe it is in anyone’s best interest to pay the fees until they have proven their ability to trade consistently and profitably. Maybe publish your results on myfxbook so you are publicly accountable for your results.
Therefore this company may be legitimate but they are certainly not being completely transparent about how they operate. People are expected to fully trust the company but the company doesn’t feel the need to be open and honest.
For a talented trader getting large funds to trade with would be the ultimate goal but he would need to have a solid trading history well established first. Then there would be quite a few investors willing to supply the funds to be managed.

2 Likes

Well, I think youre bit hash on them guys, even if they got millions doesn’t mean they pay in place of their traders, trading got a cost I dont see any issue paying for platform and good service, I use to trade futures I was paying 700 quid only for CQG, I traded for those guys in the past are serious and honest, I use to rent a desk in their trading floor in the City, I left only for personal reason, if you are looking for free lunch you need to look for an other job, trading is all based on money and expenses.

Regarding the reviews, I checked them they are all verified by trust pilot which means they’re genuine traders…if you treat people with respect and fairness, people talk especially in our industry so stop labelling people you dont know of scammers…you must be one of their competitions.

complete scam ! go to companies house and check their last few years accounts !! joker pretend broker

Are you looking for prop fund trading broker?

I did signup for their funded trader account through online. It was pretty straight forward with some easy to answer forex related questions. I got a call from them the next day and they asked me how long I’ve been trading, strategies I use and so forth. The gentleman on the other end of the phone said, I’ll hear from them if I was successful. Some 30 minutes later, I got a text saying I was successful and I need to complete online forms to finish my registration and get funded. I was a bit hesitant to go ahead with registration because of hefty upfront fees totally £300 (£199 one time application fee + £99 platform maintenance fee paid every month) but the only reason I preferred them over FTMO is that there is no time limit to achieve 10% profit. After I paid the fees, everything seemed fine except crazy pips even on most traded fluid market pairs like USDJPY with 26 pips! and it was even worse on less liquid pairs. If you are a day trader with tight SL, your SL will get hit most of the time.

Another unsettling thing about Audacity capital is their shady broker Hermes Market. There is no information about Hermes Market online. I did a search online to see if they are registered with FCA but unfortunately there is no information. Apart from the ridiculous spreads, they appear to be genuine from the regular payouts to their traders who are able to make 10% return after all these. They have a YouTube channel where they post interview with their successful traders and review trading accounts of other successful ones. I am doing a bit of research on their broker to see if they are genuine and if not I’m planning to quit Audacity Capital as it wouldn’t help in long run. Why would someone genuine associate with somebody shady or pretend to be a broker while they are not? I will post my updates about the broker for sure here. Until then, stay safe folks. Bye!

1 Like

Very ambitious stuff! Good luck and all the best!

Why not create a journal thread documenting the journey & your musings? You can really tell a good story and a continuing narrative in one thread might be really interesting.

Hi, How did it go with Audacity? Was it a successful experience? Thanks in advance.

Welcome Osaka101.

I’m not sure about these, if you head over to Trustpilot you should be able to see the company reviews.

I’ve also looked into the company and checked their financials. The company was formed in 2014 and according to the financial filings which they legally have to make public, they have no money. For example in their 2022 yearly financials the company net worth is -£291,106 and they have just £95 of assets and no cash in the bank. In fact year on year the net worth of the company gets more into the red.

Obviously any business that doesn’t want to pay tax would make sure they have no money. However, they wouldn’t want to be showing as having a negative net worth. They also claim to have over 5,000 traders working for them, but how? How does a company with no money fund traders?