Is gold investing good?

Is gold good for investing? I saw its market so unstable.

2 Likes

I think it’s only good as a means to diversify your investment portfolio but to focus on gold as your main investment then not so much.

4 Likes

I’m a scalper. It was good for scalping but just in one trade I lost all my earnings.
That is the reason.

1 Like

Gold can be a good investment option for diversifying your portfolio, as it tends to have a low correlation with other asset classes. However, it’s important to note that gold prices can be volatile and subject to geopolitical and economic events that can impact its value.
If you’re interested in investing in gold, it may be worth considering working with a reputable broker who offers a range of investment options and has a strong track record in the gold market. I’ve personally had positive experiences with my broker, who provides access to a range of gold investment products and has a team of experienced analysts who can provide insights into market trends and investment strategies. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Buy secondhand private sales of gold coins, chains etc as a long term store of value

Do not “invest in Paper gold” - there is no such thing ! - it’s purely a derivative !

4 Likes

May I ask what your broker is?

1 Like

thats good have you ever considered investing in gold? I’ve been doing some research and it seems like it could be a good option for diversifying my portfolio, but I’m a bit hesitant given the potential volatility. Do you have any experience with gold investing?

2 Likes

of course i would be glad to help you.
it is fxglory

2 Likes

Gold investing can be a good option for some folks, depending on one’s financial goals, risk tolerance, and portfolio.

The Good:

• Diversification: Gold can act as a diversification tool in a well-rounded investment portfolio. It often has a low correlation with other asset classes, such as stocks and bonds, which means its price movements are generally independent of these assets.
  • Inflation hedge: Gold is often seen as a hedge against inflation because its value tends to rise when the purchasing power of currency declines. This makes it an attractive option for investors looking to preserve their wealth during periods of high inflation.
  • Safe-haven asset: Gold is considered a safe-haven asset, as it often retains or increases its value during economic downturns and geopolitical tensions. Investors may turn to gold as a way to protect their wealth in uncertain times.
  • Liquidity: Gold is a highly liquid asset, meaning it can be easily bought and sold in various forms, such as bullion, coins, or exchange-traded funds (ETFs). This makes it convenient for those looking to enter or exit positions quickly.

The Bad:

• No passive income: Unlike stocks and bonds, gold does not generate interest or dividends. This means that investors must rely solely on capital gains for profit, which can be uncertain.
  • Storage costs: Physical gold, such as bullion or coins, requires storage and insurance, which can add to the overall cost of investment.
  • Volatility: While gold is generally seen as a safe-haven asset, its price can still be subject to short-term fluctuations and may not always move in the expected direction.
2 Likes

absolutely no criticism implied, Amy, but a trading forum problem isn’t a great place to ask about investing

they’re 2 very different things

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your complete explanation and guidance.

1 Like

lol, not at all, i’m afraid - just sorry that i have no guidance to offer at all about investing (i was just trying to make the point - as tactfully as possible, i hope - that i think that may also be true of most other members in a trading forum, too! there are many investment forums on the web, as well, though, so you may find better-informed answers elsewhere)