Is ic Markets scam ? Or the fault from the trader

Is ic Markets scam ? Or the fault from the trader

Because I have read a lot here on this website about people who have been scammed

Also, there are many traders who recommend trading with this broker

I want to deposit in it and I did not find a clear answer about them

I think actually very few people are scammed by brokers. Some are scammed by companies set up on small islands who pretend to be brokers but they don’t actually trade, they take money in, they give a little bit out so they can encourage bigger deposits and get good publicity - then they disappear with all the funds.

But most traders who plead they have been scammed by big US, UK and EU brokers just got chewed up by the trading machine - this game has no mercy.

2 Likes

IC markets is regulated by many regulator bodies in different countries, so I really doubt that they are scam. As @tommor said, newbies blame brokers for the losses and cry on forums, There are other problems with comments about brokers. We don’t have 100% information that comments has been written by brokers clients, sometimes competition left bad comments to decrease reputation of other brokers.

2 Likes

i’ve seen one person, very recently, who wrongly alleged that he had been scammed, when very clearly that was not so

maybe that’s part of or most what you’re referring to?

i agree with the two replies above, anyway

1 Like

Even though I am not a pro in trading but I’ve heard that too. I saw people lost their money and instead of acknowledging that, they start to blame the brokers. And one thing that I learnt here is “whenever you want to choose a broker, the first and most important thing is whether they are regulated or not”.
As @tommor said, there are a lot of companies out there pretending to be brokers which most of them (if not all of them) are not regulated and it is a SCAM ALERT for me.

2 Likes

They are regulated aren’t they? because when a broker is unregulated, it indicates that no regulating body or individuals are in charge of keeping an eye on them. In other words, they have the ability to take your money and vanish. This explains why lists of internet brokers are labeled as frauds or scams.

I could say categorically that IC markets is a bona fide regulated huge broker firm. The issues they have with depositors is.that withdrawals must be sent back to the same depositer and financial (bank) account.

If they question or not sure, photocopy your deposit bank statement and send it to them.

3 Likes