Is it advisable to trade on a micro or cent account?

Is it advisable to trade on a micro or cent account? The pros are pretty obvious but what are the cons in trading a micro account?

The cons are smaller profits. However, the main focus should be consistency and figuring out a trading plan that suits you.

that is not bad
but why when you can trade free in demo account lose money
i dont use them and ask you to do it too, use demo account they are enough

You should be aware of a few drawbacks when trading on a micro account. First off, the modest amount limits the opportunity for profit. Second, there is typically more risk per trade, which can lead to increased volatility and significant losses. Micro accounts frequently have limitations on leverage and margin, which restricts trading techniques. It can be difficult psychologically to feel tied to and accountable for trades with a low account balance. The final factor affecting profitability is trading costs, which might be substantially larger as a percentage of the account balance.

I don’t suggest micro or cent accounts because while they offer smaller contract sizes and reduced risk, they may also come with higher transaction costs. The spreads on micro and cent accounts are often wider compared to standard accounts, meaning you may pay more for each trade execution.

I think micro and cent accounts must align with your trading goals, preferences, and overall trading strategy.

I’m ok with small profits while I’m still starting out.

I was hoping to try going live but not putting in too much.

Do you have an idea of the trading cost for a micro account?

Got it. What are the transaction costs like for a cent or micro account?

thanks for this. Like I’ve said in a previous comment I want to try trading live but with a small account balance.

Live trading of any kind is different than paper trading. Both are valuable for learning, but having real money in the game feels different.
Make sure your time frame and methods cover the costs. For instance, in the USDCAD half the US session yesterday and half the Asian session last night were just ~ 14 pips range. I use a commission plus account as it saves me about 2/3 of a pip over spread only. Doesn’t sound like much but that is real money, especially long term. 2/3 or .67 is almost 5% of 14.
A real account will give you experience in making real money and the nuances of it.
The markets are your friend. They are full of opportunities, but each one is a little different from the others.

It can be suggested for start but pay attention to its cons too.

The transaction costs for cent or micro accounts can vary depending on the broker and the specific terms and conditions they offer.

normally (unless your broker has some weird “minimum commission rule” concealed in the small-print) they’re absolutely tiny, exactly as they “should be”

commissions quoted are normally “per full lot”, so even if you use a broker with both spread and commission, the dealing costs on a cent or micro account will be almost too small to notice: for example, if they charge $6 per lot commission, and you trade 0.01 lots (one microlot) the commission-fee on that should be $0.06

they all have some kind of “support” (hopefully “live chat support”) and you can always ask them to clarify in detail

but if your concern is that you’ll end up paying disproportionately high commissions on a micro account, the answer is “you won’t” - they wouldn’t be able to keep their customers, that way :wink:

1 Like

The choice between trading on a micro or cent account depends on your individual trading goals, risk tolerance, and available capital.

2 Likes

Cent accounts is too small I even can’t felt difference from demo trading that’s why I prefer to use micro accounts.

2 Likes

Micro accounts can be advisable for new traders; however, if they start with demo accounts, it is not essential.

3 Likes

If you want to stay satisfied with small earning and shorten trading risk, it’s no problem to use micro account.

1 Like

A profit is still a profit. I prefer keeping the risk to minimum. So, I also trade with a micro account.

2 Likes