Is it me trying to find a perfect strategy or should I act upon at least demo trading ASAP?

@akin1 yes it already sounds lonely sometimes even though Iā€™m not at the top. I need a lot of focus and have been ditching outgoings a lot :sweat_smile:
Thatā€™s perfect :star_struck: your equity just passed $1900 as you expected it.
and thank you for sharing the beautiful view of castles may you possess one in the future :v:t2: :sunglasses:

1 Like

I began a few months ago with $250.00 and now i am playing $10.00 per pip.

omg, i just realized that my profile pic is of a fairly handsome young buck and that is most definitely not meā€¦ i am a severely dehydrated and wrinkled senior white man. ā€¦sorry to break that to you.

:cowboy_hat_face:

How is your strategy search going? Are you currently trading a system or two?

1 Like

@dudebro Iā€™m still practicing and in the meantime taking different courses :upside_down_face:

You have been doing the right thing by taking enough time before getting engaged with live trading. Since you have traded on demo account for about a year, I assume that you may start live trading with micro account. See how you deal with it. Keep studying. Soon you will be an excellent trader.

1 Like

@sharabelabd thank you for your comment :heart_eyes: I am still taking courses daily but my demo trading has not been consistent yetā€¦ So I guess I will start doing it consistently just to get a good statement before actually risking real money :v:t2: :smile:

3 Likes

I respect your common sense and patience. Why would anyone risk real money until they have a strategy which they know they can make work? Every new trader should follow what youā€™re doing.

1 Like

@tommor thank you I really appreciate being understood :sweat_smile: :revolving_hearts:

Nail on head. Sadly it often takes doing it and experiencing this fact to acknowledge it.

1 Like

@cashisking86 You are right and that is what Iā€™m guilty of :sweat_smile:

We all pay our dues bud, donā€™t worry about it. My entry into forex was EAs and hoping they would passively make me a mintā€¦they didnā€™t.

1 Like

Blown accounts, signal services, too much leverage and improper risk management, revenge trading, over trading.

What am I missing?

2 Likes

No I think you have them all covered there :rofl:

1 Like

I think you should try utilize your knowledge on demo to see how actually the knowledge you have gotten is applicable to trading and predicting markets. This should be like reality check that may point to the right path in your education and help to avoid spending time on something that is obsolete or even wrong.

1 Like

@ontario Thank you for your comment :heart_eyes: yes I am already seeing myself try more demo trading than before. at least I think thatā€™s a positive move in the right direction :sweat_smile:

No, it is not your fault. We all search for perfect things, but in forex, there is NO perfect strategy. The answer is simpleā€”the market is changing all the time. You need to be flexible and trade according to the market conditions. If you are confident about your trading skills, then you can start trading with a micro account and backtest your strategies to trade as per the market conditions.

1 Like

@mindihilton thank you for your comment :heart_eyes: I am not yet confident about my trading skills and thatā€™s why lately I have started to consistently demo trade and see what happens :v:t2: :smile:

Absolutely. :+1:

1 Like

You can start with demo trading asap. Although you should have started it long ago, there is no harm starting even now. It is just that you could have gained more experience. Start demo trading and see how much it helps you in gaining confidence about trading in the live forex market.

1 Like

Dont bother demo trading something that doesnt work consistently enough during manual backtesting

1 Like