Is it me trying to find a perfect strategy or should I act upon at least demo trading ASAP?

Great thread about this actually. Have a look.

2 Likes

Nice and simple!

2 Likes

@this_is_ando ok I will. I donā€™t know which one is better for trading in market milk, real time or last closed price stream that I can rely on :thinking:

@dudebro thank you for sharing this. I never thought someone would actually make use of this for 3 years and be profitable. I was just thinking of giving it a try and see whether I can pick pairs by it. Thatā€™s good, al least I have an idea where to start

@GrayWolfe7 Hi good morning to you
I am starting to focus more now on bigger time frames to get an idea where the pair might head then I have to confess I go check even 1 min timeframe :rofl: I am in the mood of ok help me know the result of whatā€™s going on at most until the day is over :woman_facepalming:t2: :rofl:

@tommor this sounds quite efficient. what is your drawdown percentage using

a wide trailing SL

I think I am a day trader and canā€™t go to sleep with an open position. So if this works for you I think I can give it a try on shorter time frame for day trading

@GrayWolfe7 would you like to share your drawdown percentage using this method?

@Adolfson I think I am practicing patience for longest 1 day for each trade. but about discipline, much work needs to be done in here :smile:

Try it on demo for a thorough trial period.

1 Like

@mlawson71 since I am new to this business, I decided to first give it a try and see how those who claim to be professionals help me make a positive statement. Up until now it hasnā€™t worked for me either. Yes there might be times when the signal goes to the moon but on that time itā€™s either me closing the position too soon because the signal provider is not giving an idea where to take profit or itā€™s just that the signal provider is not working well overall. So I decided to pick it until I see the error of this way and now that Iā€™m seeing it I think I have to quit that signal channel sooner or later :v:t2: :smile:

@mrpally I always thought I need to be a master to start trading :smile: but talking to you guys I think the only best way to master it is to actually trading :woman_facepalming:t2: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@tommor

a thorough trial period.

how long is that and how many trades does it take? should I use it on different pairs or only 1 or 2?

:v:t2: :blush: :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

I only trade off D1 charts so its not difficult to review all 28 pairs at the end of each day.

However, I try to avoid multiple positions in the same currencies or correlating currencies. So if Iā€™m bullish on AUD, I donā€™t want to open 7 long AUD positions: and I certainly donā€™t want to open multiple long NZD positions at the same time as NZD is almost a sub-set of AUD.

As for how many trades and for how long - the answer is enough. That is, enough to draw the conclusions you need. When youā€™re doing research, always write your conclusions first, then set up your trial to work towards them.

2 Likes

OK thanks :cherry_blossom:

Yes very much so

1 Like

Good morningā€¦

Havenā€™t been trading this way long enough to really establish that stat. Can tell you that Iā€™m net positive so far (!), but donā€™t yet have a good feel for expectancy?

1 Like

Ict
Chris lori
Stacey burke
Smbcapital

Youre welcome

2 Likes

I am going to google them all to get your message :sweat_smile: :cherry_blossom:

Chris Lori and ICT = deadly combination :muscle:

1 Like