Is it safe to put a lot of money here?

I everyone. I have a real question and some hypothetical questions.

First the real one: Is it safe to put 10,000 dollars in CMS Forex? Which I believe is from Gain Capital.

Now with the hypothetical ones:

1.- Would it be safe to add let’s say, 50,000 dollars or even 200,000 dollars to that CMS Forex account? Is it safe?

2.- if money security is a risk, would having separate accounts of 10,000 dollars each would help in any way?

Thanks!!!

First of all you need to define what “put in” means. Do you mean to trade for your account or to have a professional trade it for you? There’s a big difference.

Anyway I will give you some advice that should cover both choices. This is advice I heard many times from stock market advisers. Only risk what you are prepared to lose. In the stock market, its fairly difficult to lose all your money. Even in the 2008 crash only a few unfortunates managed to lose everything. In the forex market your risk is about 100 times greater. If you trade for yourself, you probably will lose it all. Its only question of how many months. If you turn it over to professional, it may take a few years to lose it all.

Codemeister, I truly appreciate you taking the time to reply. But I believe that wasn’t my question. I know the risks, I know how forex works.

When my first question said “safe”, I meant having so much money with a company like CMS Forex. I don’t know of companies like that can say that your account got hacked, or the company itself disappear…

I’m sorry again, I didn’t really explain my self in my original post.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

Anyone has an opinion about this? Thanks again :slight_smile:

Your best bet would be to do your due diligence on the company. If they’re registered with the relevant authorities, you’ll be protected from such risks to a certain $$ amount. That’s how it usually works. I use oanda - they are not speculating with our capital so odds of them going bust and losing all the fund are low

Thanks for the response. Tell me what you think about this.

This is what I found about Gain Capital:

In keeping with its good reputation, Forex.com/Gain Capital Group LLC is registered with the following:
A Futures Commission Merchant (FCM) with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC)
A member of the National Futures Association (NFA)

And there’s this whole article about them:

About Forex.com / Gain Capital Group LLC
Gain Capital Group LLC was founded in 1999 by a group of experienced Wall Street professionals. Since then, it has built up an impeccable reputation for offering some of the very best forex services in the world. Forex.com’s clients come from over 140 different countries, and include individual traders, Commodity Trading Advisors, fund managers and many other investment professionals. With a corporate headquarters in Bedminster, New Jersey and an additional location on Wall Street, Forex.com/Gain Capital is a topnotch forex broker.
Beyond its far reach, Forex.com/Gain Capital Group has received many important awards through the years – something that further emphasizes its exceptional level of service. This company offers a broad suite of services, with accounts geared toward amateur traders and experienced traders alike.

Don’t mention it.

It’s a legit brokerage that doesn’t seem like it’ll go bust soon but word on the street’s that it has really poor execution.

Dont mean to troll you but you should search around the net and the forums more, it’s not hard to find out