Is it true that brokers make profit with our losses?

Hi guys, i recently join a traders community in my country and have gained so much knowledge from the lovely people i met. We also discuss on how brokers make money. Is it true that broker make profit with our loss? Would appreciate if you guys can give me your thoughts on this. Thanks!

It’s not a straight line relationship. From the brokers point of view it’s more to do with risk. Trade losses pay for trade winnings. If the broker is doing their job well, one balances the other, and this allows them to offer competitive spreads and attract more trades and it is from spreads that they make most money.

If brokers just made money only from losing traders they would quickly run out of clients.

2 Likes

This subject is covered in The School of Pipsology:

Learn Forex Trading at School of Pipsology - BabyPips.com

2 Likes

Because the broker is not the counterparty, they do not suffer any financial losses when their clients succeed. The counterparty to your deal loses when you trade on the exchange and make money.

1 Like

They make money whether you win or lose.

you lose = broker win (deposit + comissions)
you win = broker win (comissions)

Brokers make money not from only your losses but also your profits. The pips in-between your ask and bid price belongs to them, it is called spread. The spread is where they make their money even if your trades end in Red🟥 or Blue🟦 they make money. Thanks for your question.

Not all brokers profit from your loss. I use Forexchief broker and I they don’t frown at my account when I am all up in profit. But you see these Market maker brokers, stay away from them.

Brokers who are market makers are not much of an additional risk in trading on D1 time-frame.

In fact, there’s no evidence that new traders with direct access accounts trade any more successfully than those with market maker brokers - if they trade intra-day. They all lose.

you couldn’t be more mistaken, Lee-me

i dont know where you got this impression, but anyone who has ever worked in the industry would correct you over this! spot forex “brokers” are not passing your trades on to “the exchange”

there ISN’T any “exchange” for spot forex; it’s a decentralized market!!

1 Like