Is my broker taking advantage of me?

Hi guys, I hope I’m not asking a stupid question here, but I can’t seem to find any information about it anywhere. I’ve noticed that the last couple of trades I’ve entered the tick meter in MT4 reads one thing while in the bottom where my trade is it reads another. For instance, today I was in a trade and my entry price was 1.05259 in AUDUSD (short). Later on the tick meter read 1.05254, a 5 pip difference from my entry, but the price below read 1.05260, a one pip difference from entry and 6 pips from the tick. This has been happening for the last couple of trades I did and I’m not sure if this is a normal thing or if my broker (fxdd) is screwing me over. I would post a pic, but my printscreen button isn’t working. If anyone out there has any answers I would be very appreciative. Thanks

Are you running Windows 7?

If you are there is a “snippet” app in the Accessories folder of your program menu. Use that to take a pic.

Absolutely, that’s how they make there money, all of them. :slight_smile:

PS, it’s called SPREAD and that one varies.

Hey thanks guys. It’s strange but suddenly things are working again. I’m not sure if this was a technical problem or if the broker has a “switch” they turn on and off to earn some extra moola. If it ever happens again I believe I’m going to leave them.

Oskar,
FXDD calculates the spread as soon as I place the trade. Like if I place a long at say 1.0000 and have a four pip spread it will show that I actually bought at 1.0004. What was happening was completely different. The tick meter showed a five pip difference from the price in the money order section of mt4 thus making me in a loss even though the tick showed profit.

That’s not a 5 pip difference. It’s a half pip. Pips in AUD/USD are only counted out to the 4th decimal place. The variance you see may just be a function of the spread.

Those are ‘pipettes’ not pips. A pipette is one tenth of a pip. A pip is one ten thousandth of a currency ie the fourth decimal place. I think a difference of a few pipettes is normal slippage.