Is slippage of 50 pips normal without any News event?

I just got slipped 50 pips from my stop loss, without any News event at the time. My SL was in profit, and I was 18 pips in profit. Then priced spiked to the upside on all GBP pairs. One GBP trade on a Unregulated broker slipped 3 pips, Which is expected by them and very normal. But The regulated broker I got slipped 40 pips on one GBP cross pair, then 50 pips on another GBP cross pair. Just hard to believe I got filled as such a bad price. I mean who wouldn’t be upset, feels like you’ve been robbed. And of course the broker is refusing to refund me, No surprise there. I would like input on this matter, weather I am wrong or right.

What was the regulated broker?
When was the trade where it slipped? Time and date.

Broker I was using is Blackbullmarkets, and it was yesterday October 1st at 830 am EST SL was at 1.80500 and I got filled at 1.80994 49.5 pips

And that’s why I love using GSLO’s on small time frames

hmmm… that slippage is huge.

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/11640/www.blackbullmarkets.com

Why so many positive reviews?

Stick with more popular ECN brokers.

I’ve checked that spike. It can be seen at our platform as well and on other brokers.

Which means there was some news.
If I am not mistaken there were some major political news from England and from USA/CA as well.

You should contact your broker regardless of that and ask them to give you a reason/explanation of that spike.

I just dont understand man. What pair!?!
There was brexit news out but at 0841 not 0830. So please recheck your charts. If it matches then that kind of slippage can occur on volatile news like brexit when liquidity at certain prices dries up. You said your unregulated broker only slipped 3 pips… If that’s right just stick with them.

GBP/USD is the pair he’s talking about. I presume.
There were some political news on both sides US and UK - so, when the dollar weakened and the GBP got some strength -> there’s the spike.

When people ask for advice they should be more precise. Probably blown his account. Till the next time!

I had more but it was an ugly experience. Try to switch to other broker to avoid such mistakes in future because it’s unacceptable execution in my view.

Sadly, in this case, switching the broker will not resolve the issue because the spike we’re talking about is present in at least 4 of the big brokers that I checked. So, yeah. It was news related (just not market ones, but political).
So such an event would have been present even if the OP was with a different broker.

Yes i agree with you @bradley79 switching the broker is not the solution as it could have happened with any other broker also.but yes if it happens again and again then he should change his broker for sure.

That doesn’t sound very good.
I use Hugosway and have never experienced that.

1 Like

What has regulated got to do with market prices?