Is there a forex histogram analysis

We know candles give info only on open/close, max/min and it could be useful. But I guess a histogram will be more useful. For example over a one day window can we get diagram of how many transactions at a given price point. As such the candle info will be just a subset of histogram.

It seems to me that this has been thought about more than once, but at the same time, everyone uses candles.

Iā€™m not able to see what essential information a histogram like this would provide. How would you use it in your trading?

2 Likes

The candles max/min/opening/closing are just 4 thresholds. But histogram(s) can plot:

1. transactions as function of price instead of just max/min
  2. transactions and price as function of time (start to end of interval) instead of just open/close values

This naturally gives full info of the time window regarding market behaviour and gives good basis for next window behaviour.

1 Like

Hmmmm. :thinking: Might be interesting to see how this works in action! :smiley: Just to also help more members see how this will be different from using candles. :thinking:

Indeed, needs to be available and seen in action across various pair behaviours.
The candles would be a subset i.e. extract max/min/opening/closing.