Is there a Holy Grail in Forex Trading?

I would like any and all members to discuss whether they think there is a Holy Grail to trading Forex

I’ll kick off the discussion by stating that I’m a 20+ year Forex trader and I’m curious about member’s responses.

And I will start of by asking you to define what exactly you mean by:

Do you mean a mechanical, automated system that never, ever loses a single trade? The answer is No.

Or do you mean a method that anyone could use, even with no personal skill or knowledge, that will produce a consistent profit? Maybe, but I have never seen it - but have heard of many offers claiming such - and usually at “special discounted prices just for you” :smile:

Or do you mean is it possible for a trader to become skilled enough personally to be able to trade markets on a consistently profitable basis? - yes that does exist. It just needs developing. But is it going to convert your 50 dollars into a million by next week? Well, I think you know that answer!

So you really need to start by defining what exactly you mean by the Holy Grail. If you mean instant wealth by finding the trading equivalent of grasping some holy relic, well, if you find that it will certainly convince me that at least some deities really do move in “mysterious ways”! :innocent:

There is no holy grail because there is no hidden secret to trading, no hidden land of milk and honey, no secret cabal of initiated experts who keep their arcane strategies closely secret. Trading is simple, rule 1 is make sure you’re long while prices are rising, make sure you’re not when they’re not. The other rules are obvious after this one. The rest is cosmetics.

4 Likes

Let’s say, trades with anywhere from 95% to 100% accuracy, 100% of the time. Do you think it’s out there or being developed? Not at “special discounted prices just for you” but rather guaranteed or your money is refunded. Of course ‘money refunded’ even sounds subjective. A venue whereby the education and tools are offered with no risk to the student of losing his or her tuition money in any sort of scam…as tuition monies are held ‘in trust’ be a reputable third party accounting firm such as Deloitte? By ‘Holy Grail’ I mean that the system would be so powerful that it’s almost always 100% accurate. As a side effect, it would virtually blow all the scammers in the market away and put them out of business forever.

In your 20 years of forex I’m sure you would have found one by now?

If that existed even in one person’s hands do you really not think that it would be explicitly visible in the world’s economics?

As @Tommor said, prices are simply going up or they are going down. Whether you are with the moves or not depends on you. The only “holy grail” is in your own skill.

1 Like

No, there is nothing like Holy Grail in Forex; Forex business is all about the probabilities; no certainty.

I think you know better after years of experience how market acts and works . You and other will say there is no holy grail in forex . Your actual trading plan works that you apply according to market . If wait any luck in forex or jump to get double your amount , soon realize there is no life of such type of things.

If you try to find a holy grail in forex as same as you looking for a living unicorn in this world…it’s impossible.

Of course there is, Holy grail is present all the time. Use a trend following system in trending condition, you get 95 - 100% accuracy. Use a range bound system in sideways trend, you get 95 - 100% accuracy. With proper money management, how can you lose? Knowing when to stay on the sidelines when market is choppy, how can you lose when you didn’t even trigger a trade. Hedging your position with a long short position, when you are wrong, maintain a floating loss, close off one side when there is a reversal of trend. You are basically invincible.

What is your holy grail? The system, the strategy or the trader? Right method at the right timing it becomes the holy grail. Wrong method at the wrong timing, it becomes a curse. If there is no holy grail, why do we even bother to try so hard in trend determination. Timing, Price action & the Trader combine is the holy grail!

Congrats! You survive for 20+ years. Here’s an adulatory animation specially just for you.

2 Likes

Let me start off by telling you that a Holy Grail does exist. However it’s not as unworldly as those two words might suggest.
The Forex market operates on two specific properties of physics; one is known and one was unknown until recently. The Forex market is the only market in the world that functions according to these two laws (both are recurring phenomena of physics).
Unless both of these laws are followed ‘to the letter’ the forex market will beat all traders into a pulp…over X period time.
If you look at every conventional indicator that is known to man, not a single one of them works in forex trading. At the very best, conventional indicators lag significantly so as to diminish timing so that once they’ve accurately indicated trend it’s too late and most often volatility interrupts momentum until the market has changed direction and the trade fails. By conventional indicators, I’m referring the EMA’s for example (of course there’s a whole host of them). They are next to useless.
OK, people will ask me what I mean by ‘The Forex market operates on two specific properties of physics; one is known and one was unknown until recently.’ Specifically, ‘until recently’. What I mean by that is it was discovered by someone who is currently devising a technology (not a TA and not an EA but an entire technology) for its use. To anyone interested, I will divulge as much information as I can bearing in mind that I’m limited in the scope of what I can divulge at this time. This person is someone I’m familiar with and who’s name is fairly well known across the world of trading Forex. There is a Holy Grail but it was unknown until recently. If it is released to everyday traders it will destroy all of the scammers because they have no idea what it is and thus it will expose them as scammers the moment it becomes known. It would essentially kill scamming in the Forex market completely if made available to the general public.

And I guess the price for this Holy Grail will follow later, probably via a “PM me” and, yes, there will be those that will willingly pay for this one as well…yawn

2 Likes

JoshRSA…remember my previous post:
‘Let’s say, trades with anywhere from 95% to 100% accuracy, 100% of the time. Do you think it’s out there or being developed? Not at “special discounted prices just for you” but rather guaranteed or your money is refunded. Of course ‘money refunded’ even sounds subjective. A venue whereby the education and tools are offered with no risk to the student of losing his or her tuition money in any sort of scam…as tuition monies are held ‘in trust’ be a reputable third party accounting firm such as Deloitte? By ‘Holy Grail’ I mean that the system would be so powerful that it’s almost always 100% accurate. As a side effect, it would virtually blow all the scammers in the market away and put them out of business forever.’

It’s not a ‘given’ that it will be made available for educational purposes yet. However, if it was, please read the above regarding ‘guarantee’ and held ‘in trust’. Those would be definite assurances.

So are you saying that if I lose $500,000 tradig “Your mate’s system” - you will give me my $500,000 back ? :grinning:

Or are you saying that If I lose $500,000 trading your system, you will refund the $5,000 I paid for your “Holy Grail” - leaving me -$495,000 ? :rage:

1 Like

There are three big winners that everyone wants to believe in:

Father Christmas, the Loch Ness monster and the trader’s Holy Grail. Take your pick! :smiley:

I vote for Nessy:

1 Like

It’s been proven that you can have a perfect gambling system @anon46773462 - Derren Brown did it on TV - and fully revealed exactly how it works ! :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R5OWh7luL4

:joy::joy: :grin:

1 Like

Not at all.
You would get a refund on your tuition cost.

Exactly my point ! - Watch the video - :laughing::laughing:

1 Like

This thread is important for all learners, read carefully the OP’s posts.

First thing is the source should be suitably vague, the numbers may well represent an Epson assy ordered recently.

Then there is a promise of impossibility of loss - important to get across early.

Next is another promise, there is more to follow which will be divulged soon, stay tuned.

Important to ensure that the learner feels safe, so all scammers or other such unsavory characters are cast aside.

Finally, and perhaps the most important tool in the marketeer’s toolbox - secrecy.

The learner must feel special, ahead of the game, he/she has stumbled onto something that few others know of - this has value which must be paid for.

The older guys have seen it all before, the learners are the target.

6 Likes