Is there a way to legitimate trade for a living without 100k capital?

Accurate. Have you read about the BNPL companies? :confused:

Hi @chesterjohn
I have only one anecdotal story to refute your assertion. But it is one out of one, so a 100% track record. I met a guy who was a member of PropertyTribes about a decade ago and I was explaining that I was setting up a trial mentoring service intended to be rolled out with a marketing plan yet to be developed. He asked if I could help he and his wife. They both worked hard, but always seemed to be chasing their tails.

It took me only two sessions before we stopped by mutual agreement. I sent the NDA (that was more for my clients’ data protection than anything else, sent him the first template which I now call “how much is enough”, and in the second session I started going through each question one by one. When it got to “what is your annual gross income before tax” he had written £215. When I asked how come his combined income - including family support was only £215 per year, he said - oh sorry I meant £215,000! I then veered right off course and asked how that was made up. He said his wife worked part time as a secretary in a local estate agent - and that was one source of their property searches, and they had bought 3 of them in the last year - and that was £25,000 per year gross. It was his salary and bonus they were having trouble with. He earned £190K the previous year and received UK salesman of the year that year his bonus topping all others in the company selling photocopy machines. The rest is history. On my advice he paid for a personal accountant, consulted about all his legal options to mitigate his taxes and said I had saved him about £30K that year, if his accountant could deliver half of what he had promised. We parted company good friends.

Right now I would propose that you may be about to change your opinion about what constitutes the quantification of a “well paid job”, or if not, you need to change some of those unknown unknowns that Donald Rumsfeld referred to when he was chief of defence in the US government into known unknowns and then work them into known knowns. Anyone in the UK who has a “well paid job” has nothing to lose by picking up the phone to any one of hundreds of personal accountants and say "can I have a short conversation with you “without charge” to demonstrate how you may be able to help my family save money on taxes that will save us more than your fees? I earn £xK per year, of which £yK was bonus, my personal tax deductions were £zK, yadda, yadda. Try it and if you save £2K per year, you can pat me on the back.

:rofl:

Yea, great tip. People just don’t want to spend the time. I’m still using the Mint.com website that tracks all my spending. Grabs my transactions from my bank account and credit cards. Auto categorizes. Really easy!