Is trading robot legal?

Again I’m new in forex and I’m seeing lots of people using robot.

Is this legal?

Yes, it is legal. No one can be harmed except the one using it, and he should be aware of the risk. Nothing ethically wrong with robots.

Thanks!

My broker called me and asked me if I’m using robot. I just said no since I’m still new so I thought that they are not allowing it.

using robot and result its all about temporary , so depending on manual trading is more appropriate.

I’d be concerned if my broker called me. Can you name them so others here can advise you on them, just doesn’t sound right to me

@eddieb

My broker is FXPro any feedback about them?

Actually the call happened the day right after I register with them, it’s just like an interview to know that I’m a real person. The question about using bot is just one of the question they’ve ask me.

I used to use them and they never rang me, not even after I left.

@eddieb

How was your experienced with them? Why did you leave?

I had a series of trades where millisecond-long spikes just took out my stops before price moved where I had expected it. I contacted them and was not convinced by the response or attitude, so went to Oanda instead
I’m not saying they were crooked or stop hunting, but once you lose confidence in your broker its time to move on

Yes, undoubtedly robot trading is legal. Rather, automated trading is now becoming well-accepted by the traders around the world since traders are getting the chance to trade automatically without direct involvement.

I don’t see any reason for it to be illegal. Maybe it’s just one of the questions that they’re required to ask new sign-ups. :confused:

In my experience whenever a broker does not allow algo/robot trading, HFT or scalping it’s a sign that their systems are not good enough (servers can`t handle the load or some other internal issue) and that for me is a sign to look for a new broker.

honestly speaking , i don’t believe at any trading robot , because it not works for permanently .

I totally agree with bradley79. Using robots is not illegal, most brokers should and allow it. However you need to be careful while using robots or automated systems as sometimes they are not that effective and you could lose your money very fast. Due diligence and testing here should be obligatory.

Yes it is legal trading with robot. But some brokers do not allow robot in their platform. But if you are new in trading, do not think about robot. First become skilled enough to make money by manual trading. After that you can think about robot and automated trading system.

yes , so many brokers don’t allow robot using in their platform , so the traders who are completely dependable on robot trading have to be more careful when choosing a broker.

Yeah, using a bot is absolutely legal, no one will forbid you from using it, that for sure! And if broker is asking if you use a bot, then he probably has some fears about it. But I’ve never met a broker, who would prohibit bot usage so openly.

Every broker has their own policy and rules od usinfg trade robots. So it’s better to get familiar with the rules first and ask questions to the support.