It Dried Out. RIP Forum

I agree with most of this, but although I detest this endless format (as I access off a desktop) some of this is common to all forums - naive and lazy newcomers, useless commentary threads etc. Its mostly just a cycle. BP will come back. Or close.

But the commentary threads on forums give me a lot of laughs. Does anybody on earth use this stuff?
Stuff like “Buy above 1.0001. If price breaks this level, it will attempt 1.0002.” Could I say this stuff is “priceless”?

(when I say stuff I mean excreta)

1 Like

It’s a bit more serious than that, Tom.

You haven’t looked at the site’s traffic graph for 2017 and compared it with those of its competitors.

It’s the only “major downtrend” chart among a sea of “major uptrends”.

Looks like a number of perceptive comments in recent and not-so-recent threads in the Feedback forum explain the reasons, but nobody listened, and it’s too late, now. Very sad indeed.

3 Likes

It sounds like the owners entered a bad market order, and even though the market is going against them, admitting they were wrong is painful enough that they just can’t bring themselves to close the position.

I’ve been there. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Very.

I arrived planning to keep a Journal here for a new system, but after looking round for a week or so, I realized it would obviously be way too risky. What are the chances that it will still exist in a year’s time?

1 Like

That’s pessimistic!

My guess is that it can limp on indefinitely as a pale shadow of what it might have been - there are countless noobs discovering trading all the time, and they’re probably the ones who click on onsite ads?

2 Likes

I agree it was much better with the old layout.

Getting help in forex trading is much harder than I thought. And knowing that you’re going through this misery from five years. It is really hard to believe. How you maintain your inspiration and struggling spirit!!! I am amazed.

Why would you misquote the patronize me bro.

Read the whole thread, re-read my post [removed for violating Forums Policies].Then take a long walk

I don’t get this response. What is so atrocious? The sea of white? Yea, there’s a lot of that around for sure, burning a hole in my eye. But what else? Scrolling instead of pages? Sounds like there are a lot of dinosaurs around that still run Windows 98 or something. Format? I don’t have a problem getting around. Did they get rid of something? I mean we’re talking about threads and posts. You can only do so much with that. Did the the homepage change that much?

What policies? Any examples?

You’re back with this line again. I’ve been to FF looking for newbie threads on TA. Not much going on over there. Same thing being said over there. The newbs aren’t interested. What other sites are you visiting that I can have a look at? T2W? Elitetrader? Don’t tell me, MQL4 or MQL5? Where are these “major uptrends” you constantly mention? Why is that in quotes anyway?

Maybe everybody is moving to youtube or into cryptos.

I just realized that I have over half of the sub-forums on the site muted. I never, ever want to be notified of all the spam that those sub-forums generate.

And it’s still not enough. I want to be able to mute particular people; I never want to see their ‘market notifications’ or the like again.

Is in normal to have to wade through so much trash on a forex forum?

I think it’s better to ignore things you don’t like. Don’t get easily affected by people over the internet. Remember that you always have a choice. :slight_smile:

If ever you get a chance to spot a spam or something that violates the forum rules, flag them. Let the moderators take care of them.

The trouble is that the way the forum works is to have a short list in the sidebar of the most recent posts. As much as I want to ignore certain things, it’s very hard to do that when, for example, somebody’s market notifications take up the entire list of recent posts.

I have flagged up some posts, but flagging that many posts (which may not get removed anyway) is just more work than I should have to put into using the site.

Actually, you can just flag one post if it’s the same user. I’m sure they’ll take care of the rest. Also, if it really bothers you then try to focus more on the more valuable posts here in the forums. It really helps if you try to focus on the good things than waste your energy on those less important posts you’re talking about. :slight_smile: Hope to see more of you around. Cheers!

I love this site and I think it’s still doing very well. I will be here till I die aha I just think babypips.com is a real place for real traders to learn of each other and of the babypips school and able to ask any silly questions and not be judged. It’s a tough and harsh game forex is ( yoda talk) but this community makes it a lot better and make you forget about you’re loses or whatever and makes you think like well what would others do , I’ll ask and see what feed back I get and boom another awesome discussion.

1 Like