Ivybot -- Comments? success? settings?

This trade is giving me a loss at the moment as I didn`t close it manually.

Closed manually for -85 $

It is hard being monitoring the screen, and knowing the news.

Does this robot know about news ?

2009.08.20 23:56:25 IVY_USD_JPY_4.9 USDJPY,H1: open #1443591 sell 0.10 USDJPY at 93.90 tp: 93.08 ok

I intend to let it go on two the Demo accounts. So far it has taken out all profit in both accounts that was built up over more than a week, and it doesn’t have the sense to close the sell order.

I said I was in this for 30 to 40 days, but this is getting painful.

I am going to modify the lot size to their recommendations. When I have lost half of my initial Investment I am closing the Bots and going to Clickbank for a refund.

The sad part is, I’m not even learning anything watching this product. I can’t figure out why it does what it does.:confused:

That`s true, no idea what it does and why ?

Any logic behind is completely hidden !

think it will be a good idea to set a trailing sl. 35pips. than you will save your profits if somthing like that happens. -news-

I noticed in the setup pdf which was based on the 2.3 version that they had stop loss settings other than 0 for each Bot, and mentioned that TP should be set according to personal trading style. The TP is different on all pairs, but the SL is still 0.

Can someone explain/define these settings: The usdjpy settings are sometimes very different from the eurjpy. Has anybody changed any of these settings except the lot size?

IVY_EUR_ JPY_4.9 EURJPY,H1 inputs:
lots=0.1; Got it…
trailingStop=0; Got it… Why 0?
takeProfit=39; Got it…
stopLoss=0; Got it… Why 0?
slippage=3; ???
dds_delay=57600; ???
PowerTrend=true; ???
PM_Adjust=1.6982; ???
Max_Deviation=true; ???
Ivy_Trend=true; Testmode=false; ???
ClickbankCode=
Pin_under=1; ???
Long_Cut=1; ???
crmRPM=21; ???
Pound_Level=1; ???
Dscan=0.65; ???
Hscan=0.45; ???
CBCINTVALUE=8; ???
nameEA=“IVYBOT_EUR_JPY”;

IVY_USD_JPY_4.9 USDJPY,H1 inputs:
lots=0.1;
trailingStop=0;
takeProfit=82;
stopLoss=0;
slippage=3;
dds_delay=43200;
PowerTrend=true;
PM_Adjust=1.6982;
Max_Deviation=true;
Ivy_Trend=true;
Testmode=false;
ClickbankCode=
Pin_under=4;
Long_cut=4;
crmRPM=14;
Pound_level=12;
CBCINTVALUE=8;
Dscan=0.5;
Hscan=0.3;
nameEA=“IVYBOT_USD_JPY”;

Thanks ukfx. You have been doing well with this product. Can you explain and suggest a range for the other settings I asked about? Maybe this is not Plug N Play like advertised.

Got the sell .1 usdjpy at 10:25 a.m. EST @94.31 and it went immediately into a loss…and has stayed at a loss…it’s now losing 24 pips…which is better than it was. Looks like I got in later than others who were seeing a profit for awhile. Like Kinetics, I had intended to try Ivy out at least 30 days but one loss after another is kind of a bummer.

hi,

i will try it, but my english is not so god… :frowning:

ivy has no sl settings, because he closed the trade with indicator help. if this is better or not? i dont no! we will see in a few weeks. in my demo account ivy closed the usdjpy trade with a loss of 59 pips. i think that is ok.. thats trading… but personaly if a trade like this is 40pips in profit, i dont wontt that the trade leaves back in negativ zone. so i think a trailing stop is a good think, or set a stop manual to break even. but, i foundet one problem, if you do anything manual like close the trade or set a sl manuel, and than if the trade is closed, ivy will open the same trade again if he comes back in the zone he opens the trade before. i don`t no how often or how long this happend, but it does happen.

so i think the best way to do is to set a trailing sl. so ivy knows that the trade is closed.

i don`t no what the other settings are mean…

Your English is fine. I appreciate the advice and the explanation.

My only worry is that even if I figured out how to tweak the settings how would that effect my request for a refund through Clickbank. At this point, even though I am continuing to test, It looks like a refund request is in my future. The vendor could say that I messed up the performance of the product by changing just a couple of settings.

Anyone else want to get into this discussion? Are we all giving up on this product? Is there a possible “fix” for the way IvyBot is acting? Are you happy or not happy with the results you are getting. I know I have 2 accounts, one on each recommended broker, and one is back to break even point while the other is at a $37.00 loss. after trading with this product since the 5th of August. :confused:

I was watching the latest ivybot trade yesterday, and I like to do some manual trades myself. Funny thing happened, I bought the usd/jpy at exactly the same time ivybot shorted it. It skyrocketed afterwards and ivybot nullified my profits for the time being.

Anyway I noticed that for a few minutes the price dropped, reached, and went far beyond Ivybots TP, and yet the TP never triggered, so I closed it manually for a profit before the prices shot up again. WTF is going on with IVYBOT?! That’s the 2nd time the TP didn’t trigger. Manually trading, I do 10x better than ivybot, so I’m getting a refund. I’m not going to trust something that nearly destroyed my account had I not kept an eye on it.

If there is a possible fix for this product then the Ivy ppl should be fixing it. I am not going to mess with the settings, I purchased it as plug & play and that is what I expect it to do. I now do not expect it to turn a $500. acct into $3,736. as they show on the Ivy site (w/disclaimers of course)…and I was so hoping it would show a 30 day profit of even half that. Despite my current disappointment, I will run Ivy on the demo to Sept. 13th or until it completely wipes out my account (whichever occurs first) to give it a fair shot, and at that time I will post results and give it an enthusiastic happy dance thumbs up or a big fat boo thumbs down and request a refund. Right now I am happy I am only losing 4 pips…

Wow chengsta…the TakeProfit not triggering when it’s reached and surpassed is seriously bad news, thanks for letting us know. Pls keep us posted on how the refund goes.

You betcha, I’ll let u guys know how the refund goes. for all those who want to know, I used default settings and my broker is alpari uk. So far I’ve had 6 trades since I bought it, 4 barely profitable, 2 big losses (1 prevented) which could have diminished my account. And out of those 6 trades, 2 never triggered even though it went beyond TP.

Thinking about the TP not being triggered, this may not be an Ivybot problem, it may have been triggered and had a blip in the execution. I read something in another thread that suggested some brokers may have bots running to monitor when a flood of close orders on bots would likely hit them and this would allow them to possibly interfere with the orders or the flood of orders might cause a jam. No way to know for sure who or what is at fault, but if it is Ivy then it seems we should be able to confirm that more traders on Ivy with different brokers are having this happening to them on the same orders at the same time. I think we need more info before we jump to conclusion. There have been over 14,000 hits on this thread, hopefully more ppl will post their trades and experiences.

Well think about it this way, if ivybot isn’t good enough to counter this problem, it’s not good enough anyway. survival of the fittest robot.

ok! let see upcoming results,but i have still hope in ivybot,other robots fapt and MD is sucked my 120$ !but the ivybot weakness is not closed yesterday trade for +44 pips,so i disappointed with that,ivybot will fix this problem,i think ivybot 5.0 is availble this monday…

Hallo,
I purchased Ivybot on the 18th of August, up to now two trades, using basicfx demoaccount, aggressive settings, usd/yen, 1lot, total loss: -742$,
additionally using metatrader demoaccount, default settings, same trades, total loss -727$. So far no trades with any other currency pair.

It’s a little bit disappointing, isn’t it? If ivybot is looking for a trend, I can say, I didn’t see the trend in the USD/YEN-Chart. Okay, I am a newbee to forex. And two trades is not yet enough to tell anything about the system.

However, it appears not to be a money machine. I have to go to work…:slight_smile:

Fritz

usdjpy weekend carryover closed on the open @ 94.40 dn 9 pips…acct now down 15%…what a start to the week.

I have had the Ivybot since aug 6th and I had 9 straight gains with my scalp settings, a total gain of about $542 profits. In the mean time I e-mailed support regarding the settings they suggested the default setting and said that there are internal setting for stoploss so I changed my settings to default and it wiped out my gains with two big losses. This is my live account.
So I am going back to my scalp settings. I am setup for usdjpy and eurusd.
And so far all trades are on usdjpy with lots 0.3
Let us see how it works out.

Hi guys, I’m new to baby pips forum but I have been looking at this thread since that first day it was posted so I’ve finally decided to create an account to post about Ivybot after using it.
I’ve gotten Ivybot since the second day it was released. I can say that I am quite happy with ivybot. I run it on a VPS.

Although it is not a fast money making machine as advertised (and I believe that there is no such thing as getting rich fast, it will just wipe you out even faster), it was so far consistant for me. My account had about 8 trades so far, 2 losses and 6 gains. Overall, it gained around 100pips for me. It opened all its trade on USD/JPY. However, it finally opened on USD/CHF today and gaining around 40 pips now.

I can say that this bot is at least better than Fabturbo or Megadriod, you cant find any better ones I believe. If it can gain 10% of my total capital per week for me, I dont see what is the problem? If I have $1000 as my starting capital and if this robot can gain 10% per week for me, by 1 year of compound interest (Fomula 1000 x (1+10/100)^52weeks) I would have $142042. Not too bad for doing nothing much, I can live with that.

By the way, after reading this thread for several weeks, I realised that most of the losses are due to the aggresive settings. Why not just set it to default and wait? Patience is a virtue.