Ivybot -- Comments? success? settings?

finally it has started trading on EUR/USD.on my forexfs. went long at 1.4304. TP 1.4414. =) lets see how it goes. so far so good.

I have a face in each pair, but they don’t look happy.

My Forexmeta account is trying to do something, but trades aren’t opening. The Bots are all loaded and happy, but no activity

2009.08.23 22:24:57 IVY_EUR_USD_4.9 EURUSD,H1 inputs: lots=1; trailingStop=0; takeProfit=110; stopLoss=35; slippage=3; dds_delay=64800; PowerTrend=true; PM_Adjust=1.6982; Max_Deviation=true; Ivy_Trend=true; ClickbankCode=""; Pin_under=7; Long_cut=8; crmRPM=14; Pound_level=26; CBCINTVALUE=8; Dscan=0.003; Hscan=0.001; nameEA=“IVYBOT_EUR_USD”;

2009.08.23 22:24:57 IVY_EUR_ JPY_4.9 EURJPY,H1 inputs: lots=1; trailingStop=15; takeProfit=25; stopLoss=15; slippage=3; dds_delay=57600; PowerTrend=true; PM_Adjust=1.6982; Max_Deviation=true; Ivy_Trend=true; Testmode=false; ClickbankCode=""; Pin_under=1; Long_Cut=1; crmRPM=21; Pound_Level=1; Dscan=0.65; Hscan=0.45; CBCINTVALUE=8; nameEA=“IVYBOT_EUR_JPY”;

2009.08.23 22:24:57 IVY_USD_JPY_4.9 USDJPY,H1 inputs: lots=1; trailingStop=0; takeProfit=82; stopLoss=27; slippage=3; dds_delay=43200; PowerTrend=true; PM_Adjust=1.6982; Max_Deviation=true; Ivy_Trend=true; Testmode=false; ClickbankCode=""; Pin_under=4; Long_cut=4; crmRPM=14; Pound_level=12; CBCINTVALUE=8; Dscan=0.5; Hscan=0.3; nameEA=“IVYBOT_USD_JPY”;

All this in the experts tab, but no trades on screen. I have been experiencing this since last week. I have tried everything but opening a new Demo account and starting over. Any suggestions?

:confused: OK deleted BasicFX. It wasn’t doing anything anyway.
Loaded 5 digit broker thecolectiveFX LLC and adjusted the settings to add an extra 0. Well see about this one. :frowning:

Kinetics, if you are using a u.s. broker w/ new regs maybe it doesn’t like your stop loss settings. I like them alot tho.

That is a BIG IF. You will be lucky to gain 1% a week consistently.

I also have been running it on a VPS since it came out and although it was up 100 pips at one time, it has now lost down to the point where it is up only 30 pips and was negative at one point. Everyone of my trades has been USDJPY. I make more trading manually going with H1 trends and using the M5 retrace for entry. If we don’t see the V 5 soon, I’ll be getting a refund, you can bet I won’t wait 60 days before getting a refund on a product that averages one pip a day profit.

I opened 3 new accts, one with FM MetaTrader and put in trailing stops instead of stop loss. Still no action. I even opened a ForexFS as mentioned below. Default settings recommended Ivy except for adding Trailing Stops.

Can the broker actually see the SL? I thought that was hidden in the code?

Do you think the broker will see the Trailing Stops? :confused:

My impression was the SL that is hidden in the code is the SL that Ivy has built into the EA and so far I haven’t heard what it is but I know for sure it is not as conservative as I would like to see it, but the more conservative it is the faster you can get stopped out and result in a loss. As far as trailing stops I have just seen ppl say to add them as an adjustment to the order at the appropriate time when you have some pips to protect. But I am so new at this and don’t know a thing…I just try to read what I can and make some sense out of it. BTW if I am dead wrong on any points anyone feel free to correct and clarify to help us all out.

I will leave the TS in place for awhile. If others get action in the next few hours or days and I don’t then I will remove them too.

You’re welcome. Good idea, thats a good way to find out if we can utilize this feature. So far the only action I have had this week is the close of the usdjpy on yesterdays open. Good to see others are getting some action on other pairs…altho right now it looks like the eur/usd is about even.

I dont think its a BIG IF. Ivybot has already been gaining 10% per week or more for me. When there is more, such as 20% per week, it is simply lost back sometimes, however there is still a overall of 10% because it only loses the EXTRA profit. Last of all, I realised that this bot closes position that are no longer in trend which proves to be better than Megadroid and Fabturbo as they can give you huge loses. For example, I was gaining only $4 on Short position for USD/JPY and it has been closed by ivybot and several hours later, it open a Long position for me.

I really think its all about patience and stop staring at the robot. Try setting it up on a VPS and then check it out after 5 days. I think if you keep staring at it, you’ll just get more impatient and decide to even manual trade it which might result in a huge lost in the end and then you blame the robot. Even a professional trader trades 3 to 5 trades per week to gain that 5 to 10% per week, I personally feel that this robot is doing a good job as well as professional traders considering the fact that I don’t have to do anything much and for a low price of $149.

No trade is 100% profit, so staring at your robot also means that when you have just one lost, you’ll go “THIS ROBOT IS CRAP! I’M GOING FOR A REFUND”

Hi,
this is very positive post. i hpoe you don’t mind me asking who is your broker and how did you manage to gain 10% on average a week. if this is happening to you and not others like me , then the rebot is not consistent and most people running this including myself also run other boots like fapturbo and magadriod. its been proven that megadriod its slow in terms of the number of trades. Even some people call it megasnore but its consistant accross board that its about 95% acurate no matter the platform you use or broker. this cannot be said with ivyloss, can it. I think this reboot MAYBE crap for the overall picture. sorry:mad::rolleyes. Too many loses to too many people???:confused:

Need help. i have tried ivy on FXDD and BasicFX platforms and want to try ivy on forex.com platform as well but cannot find the link in programes.
please who have already set this,Please help with information as i can only see it on desk top.

I loaded and configured it. It seems to be more resource intensive, but no notes from the coders about what changes were made.

We’ll see what happens over the next month.

No one has gotten the results you claim, how about a link to an MT4STATS page to prove it? Are you a reseller?

Before you get your foot any deeper in your mouth, you might check my previous IVYBOT posts. FYI, I have been running it on a VPS using the defaults on all four pairs since it came out. I have gotten exactly the trades the developers have gotten. Please read my first IVYBOT post for my in-depth criticism. NO WAY it was written by experianced traders, NO WAY it was written by IVY League grads. The PDF is still full of V 2.3 screenshots and the recommended money management is WAY OUT OF WACK, sure to cause margin calls. Coding in money management is not Rocket Science, I have even done it on my own EAs, email me for a free version if you need proof.

http://forums.babypips.com/expert-advisors-automated-trading/27196-ivybot-comments-success-settings-27.html#post123901

Forex.com only offers MT4 platform on UK Broker. You need MT4 platform to copy the files into “Experts” area like you did the others. No problem if you are on Demo. Just open another Demo account. Based on what I am seeing in this thread and my own experiences I do hope you are trading Ivy on a Demo account, although there are other brave people here that are trading live.

guys !!! IVY 5.0 is here…!! everyone…update now and see how it goes !!! Good luck !!

Yeh, thanks i will try it again. Anyway. one demo, just $100 on live. That has reduced to $50 as this ivy eats money instead of vomit it. demo account with Basicfx also down about 25%. Will try this version 5. Time will tell and refund will be requested hard.:mad:

Hey, so far is the new version profitable? Any feedbacks?

Just downloaded the new version about a hour ago. No trades with it yet. When did you download it? It must have made trades for you.

I loaded a couple of 5 digit brokers to see how Ivy handles them.

IBFX shows a double digit optimal spread. Must be looking at the last 2 digits.

Thecollective and Forex.com UK show 0 as optimal spread. Must be looking at the last digit.

Forex Meta and Forex FS show normal looking optimal spreads.

Judging by the changeable variables, like TS, TP, and SL, any adjustments would have to be hidden in the code since they all look the same as version 4.9 the, 4 digit version. :confused: :frowning:

I honestly don’t really care if you have created your own EA or how PROFESSIONAL are you in trading. Since your mentality had already set that Ivybot is a negative rebot, you will never see the good points of it no matter how good is the robot. Every single person has their own money management, if you do not like their money management, just use your own, who are you to judge anyone’s money management’s technique?

I am of course not a reseller, do you see links anywhere?? I will post my results asap. Rubberbands, I do not even have to read your last post, your lastest post have already told me that your post is one sided and there is no need for any other discussion about it.

I uses their recommended broker, FXDD and run in on their recommended VPS.

Anyway, this might be another robot that claims it can make you rich like another other robot out there and there arent any. Use it if you are happy with it. If you are not happy with it, get a refund and get over it. C’mon its only $149, its not like it was sold for $1499 that you have to argue and get all smart alec over it?

For a $149, I am happy with this, at least the win is good enough to cover the losses with extra profits. ^^