Ivybot -- Comments? success? settings?

Hi steve here

Just wondering if you do want to refund ivybot and bought it through clickbank could you organise the refund directly through clickbank. I know they are very strickt on refunds and will get the refund for you

Update:

my trade has not closed yet, but this is what i have seen so far.

op :: 95.46
tp :: 96.26
hi :: 95.72
lo :: 95.21

so i have seen a swing around +/- $250 so far in this trade. where this trade will end up is anyone’s guess. I think i will open another demo account with the defaults and run them both.

The take profit is set to a point the the USDJPY hasn’t seen since 2009-07-02 13:00

Looks like the order closed at 2009-07-31 10:25 @ 95.65 for a 198.64 profit.

first trade was good.

Don’t think it is similar to Fapturbo …more like Forex Megadroid…since it uses 1Hr timeframe and trades are minimum…

Guess they are trying to mimick megadroid high accuracy trading style…but sometimes you really get Zzzz…

I bought Ivybot yesterday with my friend telling me how good it is :rolleyes: …Shall test out myself and report here…

Default settings, started with $936. Bought 0.1 USD/JPY lot at 95.48, sold at 95.79 (T/P was listed at 96.30) for a profit of 32.36. It’s a start. Not sure if I should make a live account now or wait.

how do we know if everything is working fine? the optimal spread on second last two row in the upper left hand text shows “0” in my metatrader 4 - forex.com. does that means it is working fine as what i saw in the web and the pdf file attached with the ivybot script shows “2” or “3”.

i set up my ivybot and left it for 48 hours but no trades so far. my ticket to the support team has not been answered for more then 24 hours. sigh.

I have a $500 account on FXDD - Ivy bot did a trade last night on usd/jpy that ended up +33.40

This was after 2 days of no activity, like everyone else is reporting, using the ‘default’ settings

2 trades 2 wins, Bought same day Ivybot was released, running without human intervention will allow to run for better or worse you couldnt allow for a more fair forward test…

Hi,

I just bought IvyBot as well and was simulating a BackTest after watching this video posted on youtube:

Somehow, I couldn’t replicate the results as shown in the video. Can someone advise me on why my results are different? I’m only getting a 66.6% successful trades… : (

Hi everybody,

I’m new here and have recently purchased Ivy (on 29 July). I set it up on my VPS, using the aggressive settings at the bottom of the help guide. Demo account using ForexMeta with $3,000 deposit, lot size 1.0 (on each of the 4 currency pairs)

It opened 2 trades at the same time on USD/JPY on 31 July closing with a $303.36 profit. Not bad for me!

I believe this is a game of patience and you will drive yourself crazy if you constantly monitor it every day… After all for me it’s a long term investment, not a get-rich quick thing…

You can monitor my live trading results on my Blog if you’d like to compare your results. Also it would be nice if you guys post your live results on my blog, then we can sorta see what Ivy’s doing and if it opens trades consistently at the same times.

I don’t agree with setting the lot size to 1.0/4 on a $2,500+ account because it’s VERY unlikely that all four or even 2 bots will trade at the same time. This bot doesn’t trade very often and is meant to wait for a position where it can take a good profit, so I stick to the developer’s recommended settings exactly the way they suggest.

About the back tests: I think that they won’t be very accurate when you test them now, because if an older version of Ivy was successful with it’s settings and market conditions a year ago, obviously the latest version with it’s settings for the current market conditions will not necessarily perform the same on older data, or am my missing the logic here?

I want to encourage you guys to put up your live stats on MT4 Stats. Please help me add some more stats to my blog. I really want to find the best Bot out there!

(A little off-topic) - Also check the performane of my Alpari Systematic demo account ($5,000 deposit) on the blog. It’s been quite impressive so far. Only traded on 2 days (in a 5 day period) but made a whopping $812.95 profit, all 21 trades ended in profit!

I wish great success for all of us!!

Happy trading.

Where did you find the users manual on the web site? Looked but I couldn’t see it anywhere.
Was also disappointed no trads for a few days but then 2 and both made money.

havent had trades fr a few daes using ivybot…im starting to suspect my mt4 doesnt move at all…lol…any suggestions?

When you download the Ivy zip file (IVY_BOT_System_4.9.zip) from the members section, you get a pdf file as part of the package. It’s called IvyBot Read Me.pdf. It has full instructions for setting up, configuring, etc.

They also have training videos in the members section that take you through all the steps for setting it up.

Thanks I will look for it.

any good trades today from IVYbot guys?

A margin call waiting to happen … why knowingly risk it?

You are validating my post a few days ago … “Having four pairs running 1 full lot will cause your account to margin out if the Ivybot attempts to open two trades (one on each pair) simultaneously. Newbie traders don’t know this … their recommended lot size is dangerous. Ivybot needs good automatic money management coded internally.”

The Ivybot folks realize their recommendation is dangerous and intend to fix their lack of proper money management. Here is a quote from an email I received after opening a support ticket listing my concerns over Ivybot’s lack of money management (along with the other issues I posted previously).

“The next most common inquiry is related to establishing a money management system. Currently, Ivybot’s money management system is built around an individual currency and that currency’s trading, not around the
account in a macro perspective. We now are putting together a parameter
to tackle money management in two ways. First, in maximum loss as a
percentage of account equity. Second, by decreasing position size after
periods of subpar trading (we expect none, but none the less, is a
good suggestion).”

I thought everyone who bought got the email … maybe it was a reply to my support ticket. The email was actually better written than the PDF that comes with the program.

It seems that the past few trades opened were from USD/JPY…I got one trade on Friday as well.

Even all my friends were USD/JPY…interesting…but nothing to conclude yet…

The [B]preset profit target for USD/JPY was 82 pips[/B] which I got around
40+ pips only…

The target is hard to reach since it is not so volatile.

And 80+ pips happen to be my average profit for EUR/JPY (one of the most volatile currency) . And that is manual trading…

Well…will report back for more interesting findings :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi guys,

[B]rubberband[/B], you’re absolutely right, but I like to gamble lol! :slight_smile: I wanna see what it does with my current settings. No risk what so ever while I only use demo accounts and will only EVER go live when time has proven that Ivy is successful!

I’m willing to open another account with lots set to .25 each but I don’t know if my VPS (starter package) will handle it as I already have 2 MT4’s running there and it’s running our of memory. Do you maybe have your Ivy stats live somewhere so that we can compare?

[B]holycreation[/B], no new trades since my last post.

[B]swv[/B], the Read Me.pdf file comes packaged with your IvyBot that you download from the members section. You get the 4 bots and the pdf all together in the zip file. Did you not get it with your zip?

BTW, I will be adding a link to my Blog today with FapTurbo stats on MT4Stats. No trades yet so we’ll see how it goes. Fingers crossed!

Hi does anyone want to kindly share the FREE indicator file that comes with Ivybot?

Its a free MT4 plugin but I cant find it on the net as It may have a different names but I have seen it before, cant remember the other name.

Thanks

Edz

Hi All,

I’ve upgraded my membership to the VIP member. In it, there are 2 scripts included, can someone advise me what the scripts are used for and when do i use it?

There don’t seemed to have any guidelines on how & when to use the scripts. I’m confused… : (